Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Money In the Bank!

Options

Comments

McDougal wrote: »
    Was it AIB? Cos I hear it's gone under

No, it's still shafting us on top!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

My money is going into this new Toxic Bank Mobile

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Confab wrote: »
    I never put my money in the bank. Credit union is where it's at.

The Credit Unions keep their funds on deposit in the Banks.

cyril the squirrel saving stamps ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I keep my money in a Cartman piggy bank.
    It's true. He keeps it very safe for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I had my money delivered but the cunt of a driver wouldn't even bring it into the house for me so I sent it back.

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    I had my money delivered but the cunt of a driver wouldn't even bring it into the house for me so I sent it back.
    ...and he delivered it to me, Thanks! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Biggins wrote: »
    I'm nice to some of them, once in a while I give a bone to the women. :D
    Aren't you a married man Biggins?
    Shameful behaviour:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Back to the future.

Ireland sounds like it's becoming America in 1930.

I think the rush on the banks quickly sent America to bankruptcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

I closed my AIB and Bank of Ireland accounts. Not that I had a lot of money in them but Im not gonna risk losing what little I have. The Credit Unions seem much more user friendly and nicer to deal with. Does anyone here know if they re bringing an online system in the Republic so we could transfer money into or out of our CU accounts? That would be way handy say if someone goes abroad on a temp contract for a few months and has to pay off a loan...

Banks in this country? Finished. I think when i get myself back up and running again, not that I intend sticking round in Ireland for the rest of my life and end up paying 90% in tax... I dont think Ill be banking with an Irish bank ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I have some money just resting in my bank account at the moment. I should move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

felic wrote: »
    I closed my AIB and Bank of Ireland accounts. Not that I had a lot of money in them but Im not gonna risk losing what little I have. The Credit Unions seem much more user friendly and nicer to deal with. Does anyone here know if they re bringing an online system in the Republic so we could transfer money into or out of our CU accounts? That would be way handy say if someone goes abroad on a temp contract for a few months and has to pay off a loan...

Banks in this country? Finished. I think when i get myself back up and running again, not that I intend sticking round in Ireland for the rest of my life and end up paying 90% in tax... I dont think Ill be banking with an Irish bank ever again.

But you do know your C.U. money is on deposit in AIB, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Money in a credit union is far riskier. You have no idea where that money is gone. There are so many credit unions out there that are fcuked, but because they are not of systemic importance, can be let go to the wall.

And no, banks in this country are not finished.
    And no, we won't ever be paying 90% tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sing_dumb

Did you buy anything in the last week(s) on your Laser Card that has'nt debited yet??? Something you might have forgotten about? It can happen that a shop does'nt put through a purchase for weeks and then when you least expect it...voila it goes through. Or, check and see if you have been charges in duplicate for a Laser purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

old_aussie wrote: »
    Back to the future.

Ireland sounds like it's becoming America in 1930.

I think the rush on the banks quickly sent America to bankruptcy.

Yes thats a large reason behind the Great Depression.

However our own economic collapse is largely down to insolvency not illiquidity.

Well, I feel having money in a Credit Union once its not going above 10,000. And I feel more confident going about getting a loan with a credit union once the savings match the loan. With an AIB account, I would not feel so confident.

Where is it wise to put savings so? And please don't say under a mattress. Can we save in a Post Office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Just noticed that the annual €5 ATM Card charge has been applied to my account, they didn't waste any time with that, straight in on New Year's Day and on a Saturday and all.

But your cash isnt in your local credit union branch. Its on deposit in AIB. Y'see, this is the problem with people taking advice from armchair economists.
    Well, I feel having money in a Credit Union once its not going above 10,000. And I feel more confident going about getting a loan with a credit union once the savings match the loan. With an AIB account, I would not feel so confident.

Where is it wise to put savings so? And please don't say under a mattress. Can we save in a Post Office?

But your cash isnt in your local credit union branch. Its on deposit in AIB. Y'see, this is the problem with people taking advice from armchair economists.

So what's the alternative? One of the other smaller banks? A bank abroad?

So what's the alternative? One of the other smaller banks? A bank abroad?

Well my money has been split between a sterling UB account and a Rabo euro account for many months now. Personally, I think its a safer bet as I see the euro collapsing, but others will disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Well my money has been split between a sterling UB account and a Rabo euro account for many months now. Personally, I think its a safer bet as I see the euro collapsing, but others will disagree.

Spot on imo. You have pretty much guaranteed your current level of wealth by that strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Just noticed that the annual €5 ATM Card charge has been applied to my account, they didn't waste any time with that, straight in on New Year's Day and on a Saturday and all.

You do realise that it is a government stamp duty as opposed to the "bank" taking it don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Rochester wrote: »
    You do realise that it is a government stamp duty as opposed to the "bank" taking it don't you?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

If you think the euro is going to collapse, why are you keeping money in a Rabo euro account?

With regards to the current run on Irish banks, the government needs to act fast to stop it escalating further. Confidence needs to be restored but as far as I can see the government are asleep at the wheel.

If you think the euro is going to collapse, why are you keeping money in a Rabo euro account?

Hedging in case stg collapses!

The problem with Rabbo is that they dont have branches nationwide. Are banks like Ulster and TSB any good? Is it worth even bothering to open an account at all and just take the risk with the Credit Unions? This thread is making me freak out even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

OutlawPete wrote: »
    You're thinking of the Credit Union all wrong.

As if it had the money back in a safe.

The money's not here.

Your money's in Joe's house...right next to yours.

And in the Kennedy house, and Mrs. Macklin's house, and a hundred others.

Why, you're lending them the money to build, and then, they're going to pay it back to you as best they can.

Now what are you going to do?

Foreclose on them?

I beg of you not to do this thing.

You remember last year when things weren't going so well, and you couldn't make your payments.

You didn't lose your house, did you?

Do you think the Banks would let you keep it?

Brillian idea!

So lets bring in George Bailey as the next Minister for Finance. If he's rubbish at least Clarence can come down and help fix it;)

The problem with Rabbo is that they dont have branches nationwide. Are banks like Ulster and TSB any good? Is it worth even bothering to open an account at all and just take the risk with the Credit Unions? This thread is making me freak out even more!

U can open a rabo a/c online with a cheque. Also, you obviously dont get it about the credit union, so i'll try again.

You closed your Aib a/c only to put your money in the credit union. The credit union deposits go into Aib. Therefore, the money you believe is lodged in the CU is actually back in Aib.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Nothing worse than insufficient funds! :mad: :mad: I'm gonna be at that stage before the end of the month, 6 weeks without pay SCREW YOU CHRISTMAS! :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

i get a shock when i dont see the ''insufficant funds'' notice lol

Advertisement