Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5000 mink escape in Donegal

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Zzippy wrote: »
    Mink are an alien species, so there is no licence needed

That would explain why they're dying on the roads then, You'd think aliens if they've made it all the way to planet earth from whereever they're from would have some basic car control skills though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

SugarHigh wrote: »
    I'm a dumb ass and didn't get this joke. Does someone want to help?

A/S/L??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

InTheTrees wrote: »
    That would explain why they're dying on the roads then, You'd think aliens if they've made it all the way to planet earth from whereever they're from would have some basic car control skills though.

car control - most earth dwelling minks drive vans LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Did they escape near Muff? ;-)

Not the brighest thing to do by the sounds of it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

SugarHigh wrote: »
    I'm a dumb ass and didn't get this joke. Does someone want to help?

By having sex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Condi wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

ALiens blend in with the locals and dont arouse so much suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Awh what a lovely future they have: (from wiki: Many released minks, however, tend to die of exposure or from fighting one another)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Sigh not the first time this has happened. Way to go activists release a killer animal which will fcuk with the rest of the local animal population for years to come and some will no recover (salmon) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Those animal farms are barbaric and should not be tolerated, but whoever released them are short sighted muppets. These mink will do untold damage to the local animal population, so well done - saps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

About 20 years ago there were mink set free, I was at school at the time but my parents were at home on the farm, one mink attacked and killed a lot of our laying hens.
    My father had to kill the mink, he went into the house housing the hens, closed the door behind, he said the mink when cornered was ready to attack him, he killed it with a swipe of a strong piece of rope and it let off a really bad smell.

Around the same time, the neighbours saw a litter of them in a field so they had started to breed.

I don't know what the person or people involved were thinking, these animals were better off where they were rather than having them free to do untold damage.
    I feel sorry for the area affected, apart from the local ecology which will be affected, the locals there better watch out if they keep poultry or any other creature that are vunerable to mink attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Mrmoe wrote: »
    I dont get it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

5000?? :eek:

that's a lot of mongans and mcdonaghs

Advertisement