Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile has Launched

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gicko

I'm also availing of staff offer - 300 mins/texts 2gb of data - 24.50 /month. Might go for the samsung Omnia 7 with Windows Phone 7 OS for 149 euro- any views on this package and phone. Currently on meteor and coverage not too good around certain parts of south dublin.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

gicko wrote: »
    I'm also availing of staff offer - 300 mins/texts 2gb of data - 24.50 /month. Might go for the samsung Omnia 7 with Windows Phone 7 OS for 149 euro- any views on this package and phone. Currently on meteor and coverage not too good around certain parts of south dublin.

cheers

emobile uses the meteor network so it might make no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭lolie

any1 check out their phone review videos on their website, wudnt go for the samsung galaxy s seen as it only has 625 mins standby time:pac: doubt gsm arena gettin to worried

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

E Mobile are offering staff discount codes

can anyone help if they dont want to use themself

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

rizzee wrote: »
    Will my Meteor sim work in an eMobile phone without getting it unlocked?

Yes it should def work in it

• Advertisement

RVN10 wrote: »
    Yes it should def work in it

it wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

jimmynokia wrote: »
    it wont work

tried and tested yes it will work. emobile sim cards are technically meteor ones rebranded

dmn wrote: »
    tried and tested yes it will work. emobile sim cards are technically meteor ones rebranded

what phone was it some new phones are unlocked anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DoctorF

Any one working at emobile please contact me , I am really after the 50 % discount code or voucher on the tariffs.

Please please please

I believe there are still good people left on this earth :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Hi, I am an Eircom customer, I want to get an e-mobile, does anyone know do I get a phone automatically as an Eircom customer?

or is the credit check and deposit (300e) applicable?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Hi, I am an Eircom customer, I want to get an e-mobile, does anyone know do I get a phone automatically as an Eircom customer?

or is the credit check and deposit (300e) applicable?

Thanks

Who knows? Did you need one to get your Eircom phone?

I don't think so, just applied online for my Eircom Landline/Broadband,

I guess i will just go ahead and order a Mobile see what happens :)

I got a code from a friend who works in Eircom, he said you can't order online with the voucher you must go into e-mobile store or carphone warehouse etc..

Has anyone else had to do this?

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭lolie

just wonderin if any1 signed up to emobile billpay had they to do a credit check what

what phone should i get>

HTC desire?

N8?

Galaxy S?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Those a questions that are asked a lot and there are many comparisions on the web.

I've the Galaxy S and its impressive but I've gone back to my precious N900.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Went through the process of setting up a new connection with them today. Gave my details and they rang an hour later to say bank details were fine. Another half hour they rang back to say they wanted 300euro deposit needless to say I told them to get lost. I have a 100% clean credit history.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JamesTC

leex wrote: »
    Went through the process of setting up a new connection with them today. Gave my details and they rang an hour later to say bank details were fine. Another half hour they rang back to say they wanted 300euro deposit needless to say I told them to get lost. I have a 100% clean credit history.

Same here, I have been an eircom customer for years so they know full well my credit history, they have always been paid on time, so when they asked for €270 at the very end of the process, which up to that had been fine, I said no thanks I will go elsewhere.

How do e-mobile expect to get customers when they are penalising them? Its madness, and of course the deposit is mentioned nowhere on either their website or their TV ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

everyone who applies for an account on billpay is subject to an internal credit check. unfortunately there is no way of know if you will be required to pay a deposit or how much it will be until the application is submitted. This is the case across all networks!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Seems to be a lot of deposits required for e-mobile/meteor customers at the minute. Obviously it's up to the network to decide what the criteria for deposits should be. In my experience the handset connected makes a difference too, as does the number of connections being requested. Asking for large deposits will simply make life easier for other carriers, if they are offering equivalent plans/service without a deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

bd250110 wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of deposits required for e-mobile/meteor customers at the minute. Obviously it's up to the network to decide what the criteria for deposits should be. In my experience the handset connected makes a difference too, as does the number of connections being requested. Asking for large deposits will simply make life easier for other carriers, if they are offering equivalent plans/service without a deposit.

The handset or number of connections makes no difference.
    Number of connections is based on the credit vetting and the handset isn't added until after the application has been accepted either.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

As per the eMobile forum it is also depending on the product. I'd say if you want to have an expensive (smart) phone with a less expensive plan they hit you with a higher deposit. It is not very transparent. If one is already an Eircom customer for years with a clean payment record I fail to see how it can be justified. from eMobile forum - http://letstalk.emobile.ie/forums/eMobile/Launch/300eurodeposit.aspx"All bill pay applications are subject to credit vetting that may occasionally result in a deposit being required. It’s all dependant on the customers credit rating and the product they are purchasing so the deposit varies. If they do pay a deposit it will be refunded after their 6th bill so means they will have a credit on their 7th bill that can be used against future bills."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

everyone who applies for an account on billpay is subject to an internal credit check. unfortunately there is no way of know if you will be required to pay a deposit or how much it will be until the application is submitted. This is the case across all networks!

Hold on a second, meteor have a reputation for high deposits usually around 300 euro, this is now the case with emobile.
    All the networks are not like that, it is a lot more common with meteor/emobile and the amounts are a lot lot higher. They are not like all the other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

The handset or number of connections makes no difference.
    I don't work with/for emobile/meteor, so didn't realise that the product was selected after the credit check. The operator I worked for did it the other way round, all information was imputed first including tariff and phone model.

I think the confusion/anger is coming from eircom customers, who are being offered discounts as "existing" customers. It is likely that the problem is that Meteor credit checks don't view eircom fixed line customers as meteor customers. It is probably extremely difficult, if not impossible, to reverse/override the decision of the credit check, for obvious reasons. This is the trouble you get into when dressing mutton as lamb, confusion abounds.

I have got 5 phones from e-mobile

HTC Desire (2)
    Htc HD
    Galaxy s
    Wildfire

Not issue with delivery, ordered last fone on the 14th dec, got it yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

I no that this has been discussed before but I don't think there was ever a finalised answer given...
    Does anyone know if meteor sim cards will work in an emobile phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

bd250110 wrote: »

Tariff was the 14euro pm billpay one with a SE X10 mini which was costing me nothing. Already a meteor customer and switching over. Clean credit history but 300euro deposit requested.

Not very satisfactory that they take all my details incl bank a/c details and then spring this one an hour later. I have been advised by others to report this to Comreg but I'm not going to waste any more of my time on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

If you were switching from meteor and have a clean credit history then there are only three possibilities
    One eircom are broke and can't or won't finance new handsets
    Two they can as their tariffs are lower
    Three they are trying to discourage you switching to emobile from meteor as they are one and the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Guys a question I'm thinking if getting the emobile sim card of €14. I'm think of doing this for the next 12 months it will Dave me the hassle if paying a deposits.
    I just want to know if the €14 will be in my mobile balance as in can I use part if it to go on the Internet.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Guys a question I'm thinking if getting the emobile sim card of €14. I'm think of doing this for the next 12 months it will Dave me the hassle if paying a deposits.
    I just want to know if the €14 will be in my mobile balance as in can I use part if it to go on the Internet.

Thanks.
    Your €14 gets you 100 minutes, 100 texts and unlimited landline calls. Anything else (including internet) is extra. Data is 99c for up to 50MB in any one day; you could get a data add-on, which would make your monthly bill €24 for up to 1GB of data per month.

Advertisement