Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile has Launched

Options
  • 29-09-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

New Mobile product offering from eircom & Meteor

One of their headlines is an eMobile prepay offer called Seven 10 that gives customers all their calls and texts to any network anytime for €10 a week.

Site:
    www.emobile.ie
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

manster wrote: »
    New Mobile product offering from eircom & Meteor

One of their headlines is an eMobile prepay offer called Seven 10 that gives customers all their calls and texts to any network anytime for €10 a week.

Site:
    www.emobile.ie

is this a re-branded meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭djdunny

No meteor will still be trading alongside eircom.

€20 a month for 250mb seems a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

djdunny wrote: »
    No meteor will still be trading alongside eircom.

€20 a month for 250mb seems a bit steep.

Where's that?

I found the following add-ons:

1GB of Data €9.99 / month
    Data Unlimited €14.99 / month

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/datarates/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Press release below
    eircom’s New Mobile Service “eMobile”
    It’s For You!

Simple, straightforward, REAL value offers
    BEST VALUE Prepay Offer in the Market

We are Taking Care of the Little Things that we know Make a Difference to our Customers

We’ve created 50 new Jobs

(Wednesday, 29th September 2010) eircom today announced the launch of its new exciting mobile service – eMobile. This is a major launch from Ireland’s leading telecommunications provider. eMobile will deliver much needed simplicity and provide exceptional value to Ireland’s mobile consumers.

We are Simple and Straightforward

eMobile’s full range of prepay and billpay plans have been developed to take the hassle out of selecting mobile services. We go out of our way to take care of the little things that really make a difference to customers. All of our offers are simple, no nonsense, straightforward and offer really excellent value. There are no hidden surprises and our customers will know exactly what they are spending.

Commenting on the launch of eMobile, Paul Donovan, CEO, eircom Group said “This is a really great day for us. Our new mobile service is fresh, exciting, easy to access and easy to use. We genuinely believe that eMobile offers exceptional, if not the best, value in the market.”

We offer Real Value

We’ve talked to consumers and they are genuinely confused by the many complex mobile price plans out there today. They are also concerned about the household budget and they have told us they want offers that let them know exactly what they are spending.

We’ve listened to consumers and we are introducing better value. Our prepay offer is without doubt the strongest prepay offer on the market. Seven 10 gives our customers all the calls and texts they need to any network anytime for just €10 a week. It is the only €10 any network, anytime offer on the market.

In addition to our great value offers for prepay customers, we have a wide range of bill pay offers. All of our plans offer price advantages over our major competitors. For example, customers on the eMobile Select 200 plan will save €180 per year compared to Vodafone’s Perfect Fit 200 offer.
    As an added bonus eircom customers can also get an additional €60 a year off their mobile bill when they bundle eMobile billpay with their eircom landline and broadband services.

We are Back on your High Street

We know some of our customers will want to check us out in person! So we are opening stores across the country.

Our launch today is supported by a strong retail presence through our eMobile stores (Dublin – Blanchardstown and Henry Street, Limerick, Waterford and Cork) and accredited dealers as well as partner deals with Carphone Warehouse, Xtra-Vision and Dixon Store Group (DSG).

We have employed 50 new highly experienced sales staff to work in our eMobile stores. We plan to increase staff numbers even more in the coming months as customer demand for our exciting new eMobile service grows.

Meet The Team

We’re bringing eMobile to life!

Coinciding with our launch we have a really exciting advertising campaign. Our theme is “Meet The Team”. Through a range of friendly and engaging adverts on billboards, websites, TV, radio and in the newspapers you will meet the individual “team members” from eMobile who will take care of your every need in the coming weeks and months.

We really have made every effort to put our customers at the centre of everything we do. But don’t just take our word for it. We would love you to check us out.

Our website is http://www.emobile.ie and you can call us on 1800 303 255.

Post pay price plans

Screen%20shot%202010-09-29%20at%2011.53.21.png
    Key Highlights

A portfolio consisting of 6 plans, catering for all possible usage types
    Currently available on 12month contracts or sim only (30 day contract).

All plans come with Unlimited Free Calls to Landlines in the ROI

All plans come with Free Voicemail and Free Calls to Customer Care
    eircom customers are entitled to €5 additional discount per month on Select 200 or higher

eircom customers discount is dependent on customer giving us their account number and telephone number at the point of purchase

12 handsets out of range of 24 handsets are FREE on all of our 12 month contract Select Plans

Substantial savings versus key competitors for eircom and non eircom customers

Bill%20Pay%20Price%20Plans.001.jpg

Bill%20Pay%20Price%20Plans.002.jpg

• Advertisement

eMobile prepay details

Screen%20shot%202010-09-29%20at%2011.57.05.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Data doesnt impress me much at first glance. 15/wk is a whopper 60/mth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Data don't impress me much.....
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

it does seem odd to compare weekly and monthly prices like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DPaul

Heard this is using the meteor network. Would be exciting if this were a new network as Meteor coverage does is not dependable for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

the 7/10 plan I have to say looks good if you don't use data. I think €20 a month for a gig of traffic is a bit steep though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭djdunny

also its not technically "unlimited" its only 200 mins & 200 text per week. this might suit some people but i know people who would have 200 text used up in a day n a half.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

doesn't that username of DPaul remind you of the CEO of eircom Paul Donovan ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Random wrote: »
    Data doesnt impress me much at first glance. 15/wk is a whopper 60/mth.

Seven

Any network talk, text & data €15/week 'Seven 15' is a unique prepay offer - you won't enjoy these benefits with any other mobile provider, you get:
    • - All the calls and texts you need to any network, any time
    • - A whopping 250 MB of data for internet browsing or email on your phone!
    • - All you have to do is top up by €15 every seven days

My advice to anyone is to check the web site yourself. You can easily be misled by other's posting what they imagine they see.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MiCr0 wrote: »
    it does seem odd to compare weekly and monthly prices like that

makes emobile sound better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

the 7/10 plan I have to say looks good if you don't use data. I think €20 a month for a gig of traffic is a bit steep though
    djdunny wrote: »
    also its not technically "unlimited" its only 200 mins & 200 text per week. this might suit some people but i know people who would have 200 text used up in a day n a half.

given this new information I with draw my comment of this being a really good plan.

Actually it is quite sneaky calling it unlimited especially when capping something like txts that a lot of people go through quite easily. Emobile's customer service is going to have a nightmare explaining that to people who have signed up thinking it was "unlimited" as advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

haha, eircom - the only company I know that will compare their weekly costs to their competitions monthly costs to make themselves appear reasonable !

Reminds me of their landland/dls bundles advertising - "Save xxx per year with our bundles compared to ... our non bundles".... yes, Eircom the only company in the market that compare their prices to their other prices, because lets face it, comparing it to the competition would not look good...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cashbuyer

Hey Darragh, how much did ewwmobile pay you for the big advert? :D
    Will you be publishing all the Telephone Operators press releases in future for balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have to say their unlimited plan is pretty much unlimited on the minute allowance, there's 43,829 minutes in a month and it has a fair usage policy of 45,000 minutes a month. If you were on the phone 24/7 all month you couldn't hit the fair usage policy finally unlimited means unlimited, well nearly they put a 5,000 cap on the texts:o

• Advertisement

Cashbuyer wrote: »
    Hey Darragh, how much did ewwmobile pay you for the big advert? :D
    Will you be publishing all the Telephone Operators press releases in future for balance?

Nice of you to register this account to ask the question. *sigh*

If I'm sent the press release and if it's of interest, then yes, happy to.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Eh maybe its a typo, but the Select 300 and Select 400 plans are the same price?????

And how can one company running three seperate mobile firms make sense? (Only in the post-public sector it seems)

If their marketing claims is:

"eMobile’s full range of prepay and billpay plans have been developed to take the hassle out of selecting mobile services. We go out of our way to take care of the little things that really make a difference to customers. All of our offers are simple, no nonsense, straightforward and offer really excellent value. There are no hidden surprises and our customers will know exactly what they are spending.

Commenting on the launch of eMobile, Paul Donovan, CEO, eircom Group said “This is a really great day for us. Our new mobile service is fresh, exciting, easy to access and easy to use. We genuinely believe that eMobile offers exceptional, if not the best, value in the market.”"

Then surely they're claiming that their meteor and eircom mobile offerings aren't any of the above???????

from a review of their website 300 has a 2gb data bundle included

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Patrickof wrote: »

Then surely they're claiming that their meteor and eircom mobile offerings aren't any of the above???????

Eircom Mobile is eMobile, eircom mobile was previosly targetted at businesses, it has now relaunched so to speak to serve the consumer market and rebranded as eMobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Emm emobile wonder how long it took them to come up with that.

ecell perhaps no sounds too much like Eircell, Eirmobile.

And the logo ??? Wonder what they were thinking about ? Colourwise and those Es look similar.

Old_EIRCELL.PNG

emobile.jpg

But seriously isn't this just anti-competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Elmo wrote: »

But seriously isn't this just anti-competitive?

You mean giving a discount if your an eircom customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Any of the plans include calls to the UK or the North (mobiles)
    Also the way they have underlined landlines in REPUBLIC of Ireland......
    Does that mean if I call a landline in the north using the +353 48 prefix, it will be charged?

If so, this offers pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i opened up the website. first some lady starts takling, a major no-no in my book.

the website itself is horrible to navigate, looks very rough and unfinished. there's far too much happening too.

they're lost interest from me almost immediatly because of that alone.

might look at it again in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The Paul Donovan video here is cringe worthy:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Pre-pay - only good if you are a very heavy prepay caller. Rubbish for data. Poor for texts.

Bill pay - Some okay packages. Their unlimited data package will attract some.

Advertisement