Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile has Launched

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=43
    they cant even get the phones right this aint the 6700
    it dont support contacts bar
    its the c5 homescreen on the 6700 how silly

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Are these guys a MVNO, or just a 'brand' of meteor? Do they have their own mobile prefix if you get a new number from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Paul8329

their prefix is 085, it works on same network as meteor or eircom mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

djdunny wrote: »
    also its not technically "unlimited" its only 200 mins & 200 text per week. this might suit some people but i know people who would have 200 text used up in a day n a half.
    The way I read it, the Seven 10 plan is unlimited calls & text. Where does it say its limited to 200 mins & 200 texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Its on their leaflet they were handing out in Cork this afternoon - I went into the shop and the sales assistant I spoke to never mentioned there was a limit of 200 minutes and 200 texts - very remiss of them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

kilsmum wrote: »
    Its on their leaflet they were handing out in Cork this afternoon - I went into the shop and the sales assistant I spoke to never mentioned there was a limit on 200 minutes and 200 texts - very remiss of them :mad:

I see the 200 limited calls & texts on the Bill Pay plans however, as far as I can see, the Pre Pay plan is unlimited calls & text per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Its capped alright - I rang their Customer Care when I read the leaflet and the rep confirmed it........ the leaflet says "Prepay: Fair usage of 200 minutes and 200 texts per week applies"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Personal customers pay less to call the UK than business customers. That seems wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You mean giving a discount if your an eircom customer?

No that one company owns a large share of both mobile and landline market and they continue to grow, so much for deregulation. I understand that Eircom have to diversify but surely Meteor should only be their interest in the mobile market.

:
    :
    :
    :

Unless they are planning to sell meteor in the next year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Actually depending on your requirements this is very competitive.

They are offering smartphones for a 12-month €19 per month contract excluding data. Add €10 for 1Gb and that's €29 per month, which from Meteor would be €30 for an 18-month contract or €35 for 12 months. Yes, Meteor give you 200min/200 texts versus 100/100 from emobile, but the unlimited landline calls will make up for that for most people. Plus, you might chose or not to take the data package. At least you have the option.

So, it may work for some people... I think it will for me, but I do find it rather ridiculous that Eircom must launch this company really just for purposes of market segmentation. Meteor for the youngsters, and Emobile for the oldsters. I guess that's the hyper-market-driven world we live in.

Ix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

What will the number be 08...... ????

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

This will actually work really nicely for me, my main worry is what the coverage will be like does anyone know will it be like meteor's coverage or will it be totally new and probably crap??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

3fullback wrote: »
    What will the number be 08...... ????

I assume 085 they are a MVNO on their own network.

Any word on the 4G mobile phone licence?

Also the 50 job announced are not new jobs they are replacement jobs for jobs already lost in Eircom/Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

first post mobile and then emobile
    maybe the rest will drop there prices abit,probly not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

pbirney wrote: »
    I see the 200 limited calls & texts on the Bill Pay plans however, as far as I can see, the Pre Pay plan is unlimited calls & text per week.

if you check the terms and conditions on the site there is a "fair usage" of 200 a week limit on both calls and texts after which they are chargeable.
    emobile wrote:
    3. The Offer is subject to fair use limit of 200 minutes to any Irish mobile network or
    landline and 200 texts to any Irish mobile network or landline for use within seven
    days. Any usage exceeding this limit will be charged at standard rates, the details of
    which can be found at www.emobile.ie

I lodged a complaint with the advertising standards agency yesterday about it as there is not even a mention of an * with a terms and conditions apply on the site.

I suggest anybody else who is a bit peeved with this also lodge a complaint http://www.asai.ie/complain.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

if you check the terms and conditions on the site there is a "fair usage" of 200 a week limit on both calls and texts after which they are chargeable.

I lodged a complaint with the advertising standards agency yesterday about it as there is not even a mention of an * with a terms and conditions apply on the site.

I suggest anybody else who is a bit peeved with this also lodge a complaint http://www.asai.ie/complain.asp

If you goto http://www.emobile.ie/terms/?WT.svl=footer+menu you will find the terms and conditions of each plan on the left hand side.

It is the responsibility of the customer to read these before signing up to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

It is the responsibility of the customer to read these before signing up to anything.

but it is also the responsibility of the company not to lead on the customer with false claims about their product

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

if using meteor coverage,then wont be good coverage wise unless they get some transmitters up as outside main city and towns,its poor,had them for job and had too get rid of them as had alot of coverage problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

What I quite like is the €10 a week plan. I'm currently on o2 at €35 a month for o2 calls and texts, 150 min, 100 texts and 2GB of data.

€40 a month will now get me unlimitted everything plus 350mb of data spread out over 7 days, and still leaves me with just over €3 to spend on whatever else. Sounds like a plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

if using meteor coverage,then wont be good coverage wise unless they get some transmitters up as outside main city and towns,its poor,had them for job and had too get rid of them as had alot of coverage problems

I have been with meteor for years and have always thought their coverage is fine. Gonna change to emobile today.

I have been with meteor for years and have always thought their coverage is fine. Gonna change to emobile today.

depends what you use it for,im on road every day with work,and specialy around the country,it brutal,vodafone and o2 are about the best,hence ,thats why they cost more as they know they have better coverage,i can remember several time getting directions too go to customers house and no signal,then drive too where i got signal and get directions again before getting close too customer,hence why meteor is abit cheaper that voda and 02,in the end ,change back too vodafone and dealt with them costing more as it was costing me any ways with meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Its not unlimited. Fair usage policy of 200 mins and 200 texts per week. All the other networks pre pay offering is miles better than that.
    alexlyons wrote: »
    What I quite like is the €10 a week plan. I'm currently on o2 at €35 a month for o2 calls and texts, 150 min, 100 texts and 2GB of data.

€40 a month will now get me unlimitted everything plus 350mb of data spread out over 7 days, and still leaves me with just over €3 to spend on whatever else. Sounds like a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Walkman wrote: »
    Its not unlimited. Fair usage policy of 200 mins and 200 texts per week. All the other networks pre pay offering is miles better than that.

No network offers 800 minutes and 800 texts per month plus 1.4GB of data for €28 a month. I say €28 per month as if that's what I use, I'd still have €12 left over to spend on say, premium numbers.

you think now that a new company coming into this market although not new seen thats its technically meteor there would be good rates these rates are no good:mad:

wonder if a meteor sim would work in there phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

No network offers 800 minutes and 800 texts per month plus 1.4GB of data for €28 a month. I say €28 per month as if that's what I use, I'd still have €12 left over to spend on say, premium numbers.

It's €10 per week that makes €40 per month on average. I think your maths is slightly flawed

jimmynokia wrote: »
    wonder if a meteor sim would work in there phones?

They sure would!

but it is also the responsibility of the company not to lead on the customer with false claims about their product

Ah yes good point! Thought you were trying to say they werent there.

My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What price plan are you looking at that gives you 1.4gb of data and 800 minutes & 800 texts per month. It's 15per week from what I can see and that's 60 every 4 weeks and would give you 1GB of data.

Advertisement