Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to join a cycling club? Now's the time to do it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Hi hoeballs, been lookin for a sat cork group myself, sundays not great for me workwise, fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Anyone know where Usher IRC are based? tried emailing them with the email address on their website but it bounced back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Anyone know where Usher IRC are based? tried emailing them with the email address on their website but it bounced back.

I have a phone number for the membership secretary if you want it. Bit of mixed bag as far as I can tell. West, Southwest dublin membership.

uberwolf wrote: »
    I have a phone number for the membership secretary if you want it. Bit of mixed bag as far as I can tell. West, Southwest dublin membership.

Thanks uberwolf, would you mind sending me that number in a PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Basster wrote: »
    Do you have spins on a Sunday? I'm not available Saturday mornings but would love to get out with a club on Sundays. I'm based in Drumcondra so your crowd sound the handiest. I do 50-80k at present by myself, occasionally with a friend.

I only joined the club this year, and I also live in Drumcondra.

The main club spins are on a Saturday, but there are often spins on a Sunday that members are informed of via texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Any North Galway/South Mayo CC organise group spins for the autumn/winter?

Westernlakes CC have a spin that leaves Cornmarket Ballinrobe every sunday.
    http://www.westernlakescc.com has the contact details. For October the time is a bit flexible but will be set for November onwards.

There is a seperate group that works out of Caherlistrane made up of Westernlakes members and Trilakes Triathlon club members.

I've pmd a few numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Esroh wrote: »
    Westernlakes CC have a spin that leaves Cornmarket Ballinrobe every sunday.
    http://www.westernlakescc.com has the contact details. For October the time is a bit flexible but will be set for November onwards.

There is a seperate group that works out of Caherlistrane made up of Westernlakes members and Trilakes Triathlon club members.

I've pmd a few numbers

Thanks Esroh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

There is something deliciously incongruous about seeing something titled "want to join a cycling club - now's the time to do it" amidst all the doping threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I only joined the club this year, and I also live in Drumcondra.

The main club spins are on a Saturday, but there are often spins on a Sunday that members are informed of via texts.

Right so, I may contact the club and see if I can be accomodated! Unlikely to be free Saturday mornings until December.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Heading out in the morning to join the Orwell Wheelers beginners - haven't been out in a month so a little nervous, looking forward to it at the same time though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

yeah,ive always been interested in starting up Cycling any clubs in kinnegad area...:confused:

There's Clonard Cycling Club just up the road:

http://www.clonardroadclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

There's Clonard Cycling Club just up the road:

http://www.clonardroadclub.com/

Thats deadly thanks for that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bahra12

I am hoping to head out with orwell wheelers in 2 weeks (working overseas next weekend unfortunately)

This may be a silly question but do you just go up at 9.30 to dundrum and say hello to somebody, or do you have to let them know you are coming out for the sunday spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ghosty669

Bahra12 wrote: »
    I am hoping to head out with orwell wheelers in 2 weeks (working overseas next weekend unfortunately)

This may be a silly question but do you just go up at 9.30 to dundrum and say hello to somebody, or do you have to let them know you are coming out for the sunday spin?

No. Just turn up and there'll be several groups going out depending on ability.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There is something deliciously incongruous about seeing something titled "want to join a cycling club - now's the time to do it" amidst all the doping threads.

To get a really good doping plan going, you really need to start in the off-season. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MWalljobs

If you're interested in joining a cycling club in order to race, train or do tours next season, Autumn's the time to do it. Most clubs will be starting up their winter training spins soon and its best to start early when things are fairly relaxed and the clubs are focussed on getting their newcomers up to speed.

My own club, Naas Cycling Club is starting its winter spins on Sunday, starting from the court house in Naas at 9:00am. Spins will be split into separate groups based on ability and will include a B group for riders new to group riding and intending on mainly touring and a Step Up group for those contemplating racing next season.

All are welcome.

See you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Think the was a thread on this a week or so ago. Not sure if Naas was mentioned though.

Link

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

snollup wrote: »
    Think the was a thread on this a week or so ago. Not sure if Naas was mentioned though.

Link

MERGED

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 savedbythebell

Going to come along on the Swords Club Saturday Leisure spin tomorrow morning hopefully, if any members are here say hi, ill be the noob on a white Px.

Weather looks good. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Going to come along on the Swords Club Saturday Leisure spin tomorrow morning hopefully, if any members are here say hi, ill be the noob on a white Px.

Weather looks good. :)

Not sure if it's the same spin the missus is going on. I'll tell her to keep an eye out.

Can I leave the car in the lord Mayors car park while on the spin or is that frowned upon??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Ah, you'll be on a different spin. Dunno what the deal is with parking, most folk cycle out, I expect.

I could try using the bike allright, cheers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭furiousox

Can I leave the car in the lord Mayors car park while on the spin or is that frowned upon??

Bring your bike you lazy bugger!;)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I decided to bite the bullet anyway and went for a spin with.....a tri club! (I know, I know). It was great to be out with a group for a change, can't wait for next Sunday. Felt it made more sense as my primary interest is triathlon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

Basster wrote: »
    as my primary interest is triathlon anyway.

What the !!!!!!! You're barred !!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Went out with Orwell for the first time this morning.
    Very nice well organized spin. Nice folk too.

I saw a link here a while ago to a calendar for all their Sunday routes from last year. Does anybody know where to find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ghosty669

Went out with Orwell for the first time this morning.
    Very nice well organized spin. Nice folk too.

I saw a link here a while ago to a calendar for all their Sunday routes from last year. Does anybody know where to find that?

Glad you enjoyed this morning. Can't believe the numbers we are getting at the moment. Reckon once the cold/bad weather kicks in, we'll see those numbers drop off.

Regarding the calendar, it's been finalized and should be up on the website this week sometime. If not, PM me and I can send it onto you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Hi,
    Do Swords have a beginners spin or is it the leisure spin on saturday morning.
    Mike

Advertisement