Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weapon of choice?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SHH

I have a lamp. At least the room will be well-lit before I get eaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Chorizo wrote: »
    A cup of coffee and a pillow. Im screwed aren't I?

At least you have the coffee..

My cup of coffee is on my right..

On my left is ... a cushion!!

So I reckon I'm screwed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

foxinsox wrote: »
    At least you have the coffee..

My cup of coffee is on my right..

On my left is ... a cushion!!

So I reckon I'm screwed :eek:
    Just do what I do and keep a hammer under your pillow.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

At the minute I'm at a health and safety course so I'm knackered. To my right I've a pen and A4 pad so no good there. To my left is some auld lad :/ I suppose I could use him as an easy target for the zeds while I escape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

SHH wrote: »
    I have a lamp. At least the room will be well-lit before I get eaten.

smash bulb and fry them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

My laptop battery... it is nice, one of those toshiba ones, almost seems to have a handle bit to hold it and a bigger bit on other end to hit them with!

Other then that, a single piece of paper and a near empty bottle of water, a fire extinguisher... and a steel pen...

Set...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

F*!k I left my gun to my right.

Guess i'll take my xbox controller, no joke i'm pretty deadly at Dead Rising, shant be a problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I've a lamp and a bedside locker.What I do have is a window beisde my bed,on the ground floor and my bike is outside,it'd be F*cking freezing but I can be to safety in moments and come back better prepared[read:with something smashey from the building site up the road]

Also,just throwing it out there;Would wrapping a zeds in a duvet buy you much time? surely it'd wreck their movement for a minute or two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

eh right now it's this

GIBSON%20SG.jpg

damn it'll get wrecked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Ok, looks like I'll be beating zombies to undeath with... a pink and white striped paper bag containing a few kola kubes. And a McDonalds coupon.

I'm screwed, but at least I'll be going down before diabetes sets in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

adser53 wrote: »
    To my right I've a pen and A4 pad so no good there.
    Well you could write a nasty letter threatening dire consequences if they continue to trespass:D:D. I have a TV/DVD player with a Dora dvd. Just hit play and wait to see will my head or the zombies explode first. Either way i'm sorted;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My New Rocks.. At least they are kinda useful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Also,just throwing it out there;Would wrapping a zeds in a duvet buy you much time? surely it'd wreck their movement for a minute or two

Wrappin a fully mobile human in a duvet can slow them down considerably, if youcould tie it off with the Z inside that should buy you a few hous o figure out which end to stomp on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My petrol strimmer, especially if they attack during the summer, in day time, on my day off, when I'm in the garden, a lot of provisos I know but the sight of a Z head being split through the jaw with it could be worth holding them off till then.

Also, my neighbour has a 4 wheel drive tractor with all sorts of attachments, just disregard every safety protocol and fire it up, hit them with the baler for example!
    Mmmm, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

a pile of old hard drives that i could throw at their head and a USB talking Yoda
    "mmm! Zombies there are! kill them you will not!"

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

To my left is an stanley knife (don't ask why I have a stanley knife in an office) a cheap fake leatherman and assorted staples. To my right is a stapler and a serrated 4 inch letter opener. The emergency exit is 10 feet away from me. I think I would stand a good chance of surviving and getting out of the building

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

As I'm ok with a staff, my weapon of choice would be a double ended sword staff. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

shaolin spade
    Spade.jpg

weapon10monksspade.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

shaolin spade
    Spade.jpg

weapon10monksspade.jpg

Pretty damn useless indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

hare05 wrote: »
    Pretty damn useless indoors.
    thats why the guy in the picture is outdoors :pac:

and I wouldn't be so sure, the top of the spade is actually sharpened as well so you could thrust it towards a Z and still keep and alright distance from it

it's one of my main weapons of choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

hmmmm to my left.....

My internet dongle,
    My phone,
    A comb and hairbrush....
    AND...
    My straightner.....

I CHOOSE THE STRAIGHTNER! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

a flower pot and my dad...
    i guess i could helmet up my dad and use him as a shield... but then again a human shield could only turn disasterous when he inevtiabley gets bitten. then ill just be swinging a ferocious zombie :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Luckily,,, I am well, no okay i won't lie. I'm not lucky. i only have my phone and a wooden camel.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

MajorMax wrote: »
    The emergency exit is 10 feet away from me. I think I would stand a good chance of surviving and getting out of the building

unless thats the door they come in !!!!!!

all i have is my laptop charger but with the adapter i could swing it about like a mace of some sort that should buy me some time :rolleyes:

Yes, the Irish Style 3 Pin Plug is a Lethal Weapon, especially them sealed ones on Powerleads the Added bonus is tthay you have the kettle end as a hand grip

Ausie plugs are piss Weak weapons by comparison
    3_Pin_Plug_WS_015D_002_980.jpg

the pins just bend or snap off if you step on them

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Does it count if the objects are a 3 feet away from or underneath you? ;:D
    If so there is a blunt sword under my bed and a M249 airsoft LMG 3 feet from me.
    The sword of course would do the most damage but still a 249 looks cool against le zombie hoard:pac:

Ah, The coolness Factor, I wonder how many people will get caught out by this one.

People seem to think that when Zday Comes not only will the deceased be transformed into shambling bloodthirsty monsters, but that they themselves will suddenly transform into some kind of Hard Ass Survivalast expert who Despatches Z's with a witty quip, this is not the case, You will still be the same snivelling cowardly wimp you always were, But the Zombies will be REAL.

So in Summation you are looking for Effectiveness, NOT Coolness from your weapon, I suggest trying to use the butt of your toy Gun to smash the Skull of the Offending Z

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭x3wiggles

A bottle of diet coke, a notebook, a blackberry and some hand lotion.

It could be an interesting time for the zombie. .. :/

I wish it was one of those times where I had a spear and a shotgun to my left.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

A wall which has a huge framed Beatles family tree. I could try smash it over a zombies head and use the broken frame pieces as weapons..................id be screwed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

A graphics tablet.

Well I'm ****ed.

Advertisement