Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think Fine Gael tds regret keeping Enda as leader?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Are people really not going to vote FG just because of Enda Kenny. I don't particularly like Enda Kenny, but i look beyond the leader. There are a lot of TDs in FG that I have a lot of time for a whom i think will do very well in ministerial posts. FG may not have the best captain, but they have an excellent team. i really think some people are placing too much emphasis on the man at the top. A bit like the Obama effect. Look beyond Enda

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

Seanohea wrote: »
    It's terrible a man like Richard Bruton, one of the most intelligent Irish politicians today is left to comment on enterprise while a cliche laden Michael Noonan is spokesman for finance. It's cringeworthy to watch.

I think you miss the point. Noonan is only keeping the seat warm for Bruton if FG get into power, surely that in obvious, and I think Kenny deserves more praise than he is getting.
    Gilmore btw is a windbag, and will be found out when the nitty gritty of a GE come around.

MrDarcy wrote: »
    Jesus Christ a teacher in charge of the country, could you imagine anything more f*cking dangerous at this time???

Eh Fianna Fail:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

unit 1 wrote: »
    I think you miss the point. Noonan is only keeping the seat warm for Bruton if FG get into power, surely that in obvious, and I think Kenny deserves more praise than he is getting.
    Gilmore btw is a windbag, and will be found out when the nitty gritty of a GE come around.

Yeah, I am figuring the same thing myself in regards to Bruton/Noonan. The heave was a balls up the way it panned out, no one won.

I think FG should be attacking Labour more. Labours biggest flaw is their closeness to the unions, lot of people are not fans of the beards. There's surely a way of gaining a few points on that without cocking the gun pointed at a FG foot :D

MrDarcy wrote: »
    Well a solicitor or a book keeping I imagine would not be coming out of a kind of entrenched warfare mentality that a teacher would be used to. I'm no fan of solicitors, but useless and all as they are, they are typically self employed. Teachers spend their whole working lives avoiding and obstructing change. There is no accountability within their profession whatsoever, a teacher CANNOT be dismissed from their post no matter how useless they are, they are used to automatic pay increments that to me are just plain wrong.

As for timing, the time for doing anything is "now". Bruton decided that action was required and he took action. It wasn't necessary to consider the timing or what was going on in another party. This is all part of what's wrong with this country, people spend far too much time looking at the optics of a situation and while spending several weekends reading and studying the Sunday Indo and pondering and feeling the political landscape that might have some small bearing on the matter, they fail to take action NOW, in case the optics might not look right on the day, meanwhile, NOTHING ACTUALLY GETS DONE!!!

He rightly understood the absolute urgency of the situation we are in and he took action. When he sh*t really hit's the fan around here IMF style, we can say someone tried to take action but as is always the way in this country, petty pathethic gombeen self interests over-ruled the need of the day.

But surely it was Kenny who took the decisive action by confronting his challengers and going so far as to sack them. He then took more decisive action and put it to the party, and won, yes won.
    Answer this, would you rather have Kenny as taoiseach and Bruton in finance (which you will), or Bruton as taoiseach and somebody else in finance?
    The answer is obvious and Bruton knows this which is why he took the position he's in as a stopgap.
    Kenny has shown himself to be a lot cleverer than people (media) give him credit for, and would actually make a fine taoiseach, backed by the right team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement