Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmadinejad : "Most people" believe US behind 9/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭numbnutz

Do you think it would be a good thing if Iran got nuclear weapons?
    Any country with nuclear weapons is a bad idea for a start.Its not for America or Britain or Israel to decide.It just seems to me that America Britain and Israel who have nuclear weapons seem to be the most active from a military perspective at the moment.No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

King Mob wrote: »
    Funny cause that's not what the poll actually said.
    But it's so much easier to lump people into generalisations right?

Whether it's funny or not I don't know because I didn't waste my time to view either poll, poll me hole, poll's are as useful as an ashtray on a honda 50.

The same idiots who thought saddam was part of the 9/11 attack were also the fools calling for the invasion, the freeing of the people, the roses from the natives, I was specifically talking about the 70% that I mentioned, and yes I did lump them all together, would you like me to divide it into smaller catagories for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭numbnutz

DHYNZY wrote: »
    And so.. slowly.. Iran becomes the dangerous 'other' to the masses.
    Agree totally with you on that one...through the media outlets no less.Even more poisonous is that Hillary Clinton is Americas political rep overseas and God only knows what shes pedalling at the moment to get everyone onside to the American/British point of view that when nuclear weapons are available to Iran they will use them.How come America who is the only country to drop two n-bombs in anger got the moral high ground re nuclear weapons?Do Iran have some kind of previous;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Duiske wrote: »
    The US delegation left the UN meeting after Ahmadinejad suggested that most people believe the 9/11 attacks were the work of people inside the US administration.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68M55W20100923

I don't believe myself that the US planned and carried out the attacks, but i do feel that certain people within the intelligence services knew an attack was imminent and for whatever reason did very little to stop it.

Perhaps they knew it was going to happen but didnt have the wheres hows and whos and whens?
    I think he should be banned from ever sitting in any meeting again as he obviously is a complete barking mad lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

uprising2 wrote: »
    Whether it's funny or not I don't know because I didn't waste my time to view either poll, poll me hole, poll's are as useful as an ashtray on a honda 50.
    And now it's funny that you suddenly think that poles are useless.
    The same idiots who thought saddam was part of the 9/11 attack were also the fools calling for the invasion, the freeing of the people, the roses from the natives, I was specifically talking about the 70% that I mentioned, and yes I did lump them all together, would you like me to divide it into smaller catagories for you?
    So then you've no issue with, say, me lumping all CTers into the racist pile? Or is it only okay for you to generalise people who disagree with you.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    And now it's funny that you suddenly think that poles are useless.

So then you've no issue with, say, me lumping all CTers into the racist pile? Or is it only okay for you to generalise people who disagree with you.

gizmo gave a link to 70% I quoted that not them, I dont know what % think saddam was involved. And yea poll's are useless, carry out a poll outside brown thomas and another outside connolly station and you will get two totally different results, they are typically biased one way or another depending on whose doing them, I've always thought they were useless.

Myself I'm not racist, actually don't think I've ever encountered racism here from a conspiracy theorist, zionism has nothing to do with race if thats what your hinting at.
    So if you did lump all CTist's as racists I wouldn't really care, but you'd look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

gizmo gave a link to 70% I quoted that not them, I dont know what % think saddam was involved. And yea poll's are useless, carry out a poll outside brown thomas and another outside connolly station and you will get two totally different results, they are typically biased one way or another depending on whose doing them, I've always thought they were useless.
    You're right. I can't believe statisticians never though of that....
    Myself I'm not racist, actually don't think I've ever encountered racism here from a conspiracy theorist, zionism has nothing to do with race if thats what your hinting at.
    So if you did lump all CTist's as racists I wouldn't really care, but you'd look stupid.
    People do tend to look stupid when they make sweeping generalisation based totally on their own biases....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kenny1977

did u hear abt truthers911

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I bet when A-Mad-Dinner-Jackets nuclear reactor blows up he will also blame the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

old_aussie wrote:
    I bet when A-Mad-Dinner-Jackets nuclear reactor blows up he will also blame the US.

Old reactor designs were susceptible to explosions but that's almost impossible with todays designs.

• Advertisement

Old reactor designs were susceptible to explosions but that's almost impossible with todays designs.

Not with this in place

TEHRAN, (AP) — Iran's nuclear agency is trying to combat a complex computer worm that has affected industrial sites throughout the country and is capable of taking over power plants, Iranian media reports said.

http://www.latimes.com/technology/sns-ap-ml-iran-cyber-attacks,0,5536479.story

Also see this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68196654#post68196654

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

old_aussie wrote: »

I learned only yesterday that nuclear reactors dont blow up, they melt down.

I learned only yesterday that nuclear reactors dont blow up, they melt down.

A meltdown is what the core does prior to exploding.

Then why did Chernobyl explode?

http://www.ctv.ca/generic/WebSpecials/chernobyl/photo_gallery/main_frameset.html

if something is nuclear, and something, anything happens to it, it's Going Critical and gonna blow up like an atomic bomb. It doesn't matter if it's designed not to do that, it doesn't matter if it's not radioactive enough to be used for an atomic bomb, it doesn't matter if it hasn't got enough material for critical mass, it's gonna blow.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouFailNuclearPhysicsForever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

old_aussie wrote: »
    if something is nuclear, and something, anything happens to it, it's Going Critical and gonna blow up like an atomic bomb. It doesn't matter if it's designed not to do that, it doesn't matter if it's not radioactive enough to be used for an atomic bomb, it doesn't matter if it hasn't got enough material for critical mass, it's gonna blow.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouFailNuclearPhysicsForever

You do realise that what you posted above is Hollywood bulls**t, as explained in the link you posted ?? :rolleyes: The idea of the site is to explain that what you posted is exactly what would NOT happen.

Try reading the full content of the links you provide, not just the parts that suit your way of thinking.

From the above link.....
    A nuclear reactor simply doesn't have the level of reactivity to cause a full-scale nuclear explosion, and modern reactors tend to have self-engaging safety features in addition to manual ones; for example, as temperature rises above a given threshold, they will automatically shut down. This is intentionally very different than the one at Chernobyl.

It also answers your first question. Then why did Chernobyl explode?
    In fiction, a melting down reactor is always a Chernobyl-level catastrophe regardless of design. Most of the consequences of the Chernobyl meltdown were a direct result of the plant being built without a containment building, a structure that surrounds the reactor itself and is intended to reduce any consequences of a leakage or meltdown. These work rather well: in the second-worst reactor disaster on Three Mile Island, the containment building duly contained the steam and other bad effects of the meltdown. No pyrotechnics; in fact, the radiation released from Three Mile Island was less then the radiation coming from your computer monitor.

They also fail to notice that Chernobyl's core of uranium fuel was surrounded by * Graphite* . Yes, Chernobyl was a giant block of charcoal waiting to ignite into carbon-14 => radioactive CO 2 goodness. Every single commercial reactor in the west (and most in the east) uses water where Chernobyl's reactor used graphite as the moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

numbnutz wrote: »
    Any country with nuclear weapons is a bad idea for a start.Its not for America or Britain or Israel to decide.It just seems to me that America Britain and Israel who have nuclear weapons seem to be the most active from a military perspective at the moment.No?

But Iran having them would make them active also. They could invade neighbours without having to worry about the response of the rest of the world. Highly unlikely to actually use nuclear weapons, but having them makes the more or less untouchable, which I don't think is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Ahmadinejad is right, most people do believe the US was behind 9/11, I'm one of them.
    And yea poll's are useless, carry out a poll outside brown thomas and another outside connolly station and you will get two totally different results, they are typically biased one way or another depending on whose doing them, I've always thought they were useless.

I'm curious...

Given your clearly-stated belief that polls are useless, what led you to conclude that most people believe the US was behind 9/11?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

amacachi wrote: »
    Why would the Israelis want to prevent mass American hatred of the Islamic world?

More a case of why wouldn't the Israelis want to prevent a terrorist attack against an ally surely?

Does anyone disagree with this part?
    calling on the United Nations to establish "an independent fact-finding group" to look into the events of September 11

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'd be perfectly happy to endorse this if it was treated as a proper independent arbitration and, should the investigation show that the attacks were carried out in line with the "official" story, people accept them and dispense with the conspiracy theories. Sound about fair? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I wouldn't be against it, but I'd still need to be convinced that it was needed. People would have to outline what they think are the major flaws with the 9/11 commission report.

• Advertisement

yekahs wrote: »
    I wouldn't be against it, but I'd still need to be convinced that it was needed. People would have to outline what they think are the major flaws with the 9/11 commission report.

Surely the possibility that the criminals may be investigating themselves is reason enough alone.

If you look at the IDF (the criminals) report vs the just published UN report edit: on the flotilla massacre they paint a completely contradictory account to the same event.

Surely the possibility that the criminals may be investigating themselves is reason enough alone.

If you look at the IDF (the criminals) report vs the just published UN report edit: on the flotilla massacre they paint a completely contradictory account to the same event.

Well again, I would need to see some evidence that there is a high possibility that members of the US Govt. were involved.

But if there was US Govt involvement, which as of yet, has not been established. How would the UN discover it? Surely any evidence would be highly classified files, which they wouldn't have access to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The NIST reports were not prepared by the US government. Leaving aside that NIST isn't the US government, a large number of independant companies were involved in the work on those reports. If they're in question, then its not because the criminals may have been investigating themselves.

If we leave that aside, and assume (just for a moment) that the buildings fell for the reasons NIST said they did, there is still the possibility that the US either had a hand in organising the hijacking and crashing of the planes, or knew about it and chose to do nothing.

It is refreshing, however, to see the UN held up as a bastion of truth and independence, and not just another tool of the main nations which run/control it.

The cynic in me, however, suspects that the UN is acceptable for use as an "independant" investigator precisely because whoever put forward the idea knows there isn't a chance of it ever happening.

Well again, I would need to see some evidence that there is a high possibility that members of the US Govt. were involved.

I've seen lots of evidence to suggest that elements within the Bush administration and beyond may have been involved.

I don't see why there should have to be a high possibilty that any suspect or collaboration of suspects should need to be established before a thorough investigation.

But if there was US Govt involvement, which as of yet, has not been established. How would the UN discover it? Surely any evidence would be highly classified files, which they wouldn't have access to.

Surely it is in the US's best interest to put an end to the idea (held by many US citizens) that the serving government conspired to kill their own citizens in an attack blamed on patsies, which has resulted in the deaths of 100's of thousands, if not millions unconnected to the Sept 11th attacks.

If they have nothing to hide they surely could and should declassify any relevant files for any investigation, if only out of respect for the dead servicemen who have died fighting in their illegal wars of aggression and the people who lost their lives in the attacks.

I've seen lots of evidence to suggest that elements within the Bush administration and beyond may have been involved.

I'm not going to demand you prove this, but if you can think off the top of your head, what would the 5 best pieces of evidence that suggest this?
    I don't see why there should have to be a high possibilty that any suspect or collaboration of suspects should need to be established before a thorough investigation.

I do, otherwise, we would waste time investigating every and any claim people make. I could assert that Jack Charlton was actually the one who shot JFK, but I wouldn't expect people to invstigate that claim until such a time as I showed some evidence that it could actually be true.

Surely it is in the US's best interest to put an end to the idea (held by many US citizens) that the serving government conspired to kill their own citizens in an attack blamed on patsies, which has resulted in the deaths of 100's of thousands, if not millions unconnected to the Sept 11th attacks.

If they have nothing to hide they surely could and should declassify any relevant files for any investigation, if only out of respect for the dead servicemen who have died fighting in their illegal wars of aggression and the people who lost their lives in the attacks.

Aye, transparency would be a great thing, but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Well if you are to believe that 911 was part of a greater global conspiracy to create a one world government with the U.N in charge, then they would be the last people you would want investigating the tragedy if you are looking for an unbiased report.

But Iran having them would make them active also. They could invade neighbours without having to worry about the response of the rest of the world. Highly unlikely to actually use nuclear weapons, but having them makes the more or less untouchable, which I don't think is a good thing.

Why would Iran invade any country?, they don't have a history of invading anybody.
    No country should have any nuclear weapons, but the US,UK or Israel are hardly the moral authority to say who should and shouldn't have them.
    Your view of Iran is distorted by the rubbish you listen to from western lying media.

bonkey wrote: »
    I'm curious...

Given your clearly-stated belief that polls are useless, what led you to conclude that most people believe the US was behind 9/11?

I did a poll and most people thought bin laden did it, so I simply reversed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Why would Iran invade any country?, they don't have a history of invading anybody.
    No country should have any nuclear weapons, but the US,UK or Israel are hardly the moral authority to say who should and shouldn't have them.
    Your view of Iran is distorted by the rubbish you listen to from western lying media.
    Actually thanks to the internet and especially social networking tools such as Twitter and blogs, we saw first hand what the Iranian government was capable of during the 2009/2010 elections. Hell even listening to Ahmadinejad's own words is enough to see what kind of leader he is.

• Advertisement

Plenty of people question the official cover up including people in a far better position than the ordinary joe soap.
    Here's a few, and I don't think they can be called nut's.
    You can fool some people some time's, but you can't fool all the people all of the time.
    I can't think of any motive the people below would have apart from genuine concern that it was a farce, which it was.

9/11 Commission Report Questioned by
    Senior Military, Intelligence, and Government Officials.

Senator Max Cleland – Former member of the 9/11 Commission

Louis Freeh – Director of FBI, 1993-2001

General Albert Stubblebine, U.S. Army (ret) – Commanding General of Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), 1981 - 1984

Col. Robert Bowman, PhD, U.S. Air Force (ret)

Raymond L. McGovern – Former Chairman, National Intelligence Estimates, CIA

Francesco Cossiga – President of Italy, 1985-1992

Col. George Nelson, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Former U.S. Air Force aircraft accident investigator and airplane parts authority. 34-year Air Force career.

Col. Ronald D. Ray, U.S. Marine Corps (ret) – Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense during Reagan Administration.

Rep. Curt Weldon – Ten-term Republican Congressman from Pennsylvania. House Armed Services Committee Vice Chairman.

Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer, U.S. Army (ret) – Former Military Intelligence Officer, Defense Intelligence Agency. Member of Able Danger effort to target Al Qaeda’s global structure.

Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, PhD, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Former Political-Military Affairs Officer in the Office of the Secretary of Defense.

Paul Craig Roberts, PhD – Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury under Ronald Reagan.

Morgan Reynolds, PhD – Chief Economist, Department of Labor under George W. Bush 2001-2002.

Catherine Austin Fitts – Assistant Secretary of Housing under George H.W. Bush.

Major Scott Ritter, U.S. Marine Corps – Former Marine Corps Intelligence Officer and Chief Weapons Inspector for the United Nations Special Commission in Iraq 1991-1998.

Paul Hellyer – Former Minister of National Defense of Canada.

Andreas von Buelow, PhD – Former State Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Defense of West Germany.

Michael Meacher – Former Under Secretary for Industry, Under Secretary for Health and Social Security, Minister of Environment, and Member of the House of Commons (UK).

General Leonid Ivashov – Joint Chief of Staff of Russian Armies on 9/11/2001.

Mohamed Hassanein Heikal – Former Foreign Minister of Egypt.

William Christison – Former National Intelligence Officer and Director of the CIA's Office of Regional and Political Analysis. 29-year CIA veteran.

Melvin A. Goodman – Senior Analyst, Bureau of Intelligence and Research, State Department, 1974-1976. Former Division Chief and Senior Analyst, Office of Soviet Affairs, CIA,1976 - 1986.

Robert Baer – Former CIA Case Officer, Specialist in Middle East, Directorate of Operations.

Edward L. Peck – Deputy Director of the White House Task Force on Terrorism under Ronald Reagan.

Morton Goulder – Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Warning under Presidents Nixon, Ford, and Carter (1973-77).

Fred Burks – Former State Department Interpreter for Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, Vice Presidents Dick Cheney and Al Gore, Secretaries of State Colin Powell and Madeleine Albright. 18-year State Department career.

Major Douglas Rokke, PhD, U.S. Army (ret) – Former Director U.S. Army Depleted Uranium Project.

Capt. Russ Wittenberg, U.S. Air Force – Former Air Force fighter pilot, over 100 combat missions. Commercial pilot for Pan Am and United Airlines for 35 years. Had previously flown the actual two United airplanes that were hijacked on 9/11.

Barbara Honegger – Senior Military Affairs Journalist at the Naval Postgraduate School (1995 - present). White House Policy Analyst and Special Assistant to the Assistant to President Ronald Reagan (1981-83).

Capt. Gregory M. Zeigler, PhD, U.S. Army – Former U.S. Army Intelligence Officer.

Sibel D. Edmonds – Former Language Translation Specialist, FBI. Performed translations for counterterrorism, counterintelligence operations. 9/11 Commission Witness.

Bogdan Dzakovic – 14-year Counterterrorism expert, Security Division of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Team Leader of FAA's Red (Terrorism) Team. Former Team Leader in Federal Air Marshal program. Former Coast Guard officer. Witness for 9/11 Commission.

John M. Cole – Former Intelligence Operations Specialist, Counterintelligence Division, FBI. In charge of FBI’s foreign intelligence investigations covering India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.18-year FBI career.

David "Mark" Conrad – Retired Agent in Charge, U.S. Customs. Responsible for internal integrity and security for areas encompassing nine states and two foreign locations. Former Federal Sky Marshall. 27-years in U.S. Customs. Currently Professor of Criminal Justice at Troy University.

Edward J. Costello, Jr. – Former Special Agent, Counterterrorism, FBI. Former Judge, Los Angeles, CA.

Rosemary N. Dew – Former Supervisory Special Agent, Counterterrorism and Counterintelligence, FBI. Former member President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee (NSTAC) and the Electronic Commerce/Cyber Crime Working Group. 13-year FBI career.

Bogdan Dzakovic – 14-year Counter-terrorism expert, Security Division of Federal Aviation Administration. Witness before the 9/11 Commission. (For more,
    click here)

Sibel D. Edmonds – Former Language Translation Specialist, performing translations for counterterrorism and
    counterintelligence operations, FBI. Witness before the 9/11 Commission. (For more,
    click here)

Steve Elson – Former Special Agent with the U.S. Navy and the FAA. Specialist in Counterterrorism, Intelligence, and Security. Twenty-two years military experience, primarily in Naval Special Warfare and nine years Federal service with the FAA and DEA. Retired Navy Seal.

David Forbes – Aviation, Logistics and Govt. Security Analysts, BoydForbes, Inc.

Melvin A. Goodman – Senior Analyst at the Bureau of Intelligence and Research, State Department, 1974-1976. Professor of International Security at the National War College 1986-2004. (For more, click here)

Mark Graf – Former Security Supervisor, Planner, and Derivative Classifier, Department of Energy. Former Chairman of the Rocky Flats (DOE) Physical Security Systems Working Group from 1990 through 1995.

Gilbert M. Graham – Retired Special Agent, Counterintelligence, FBI. 24-year FBI career.

Diane Kleiman – Former Special Agent, US Customs. Exposes major cover-ups on her website: http://www.customscoverup.com

Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, PhD, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Former Political-Military Affairs Officer in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Staff Member, Office of Director of the National Security Agency. 20-year Air Force veteran. (For more, click here)

Lynne A. Larkin – Former CIA Operations Officer. Served in several CIA foreign stations and in the CIA's counter-intelligence center helping chair a multi-agency task force and seminars on coordinating intelligence among intelligence and crime prevention agencies.

David MacMichael – Former Senior Estimates Officer with special responsibility for Western Hemisphere Affairs at the CIA's National Intelligence Council. Former Captain, U.S. Marine Corps. 10-year military service.

Raymond L. McGovern – Former Chairman, National Intelligence Estimates, CIA, responsible for preparing the President’ Daily Brief (PDB) for Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. 27-year CIA veteran. Former U.S. Army Intelligence Officer. (For more, click here)

Theodore J. Pahle – Former Senior Intelligence Officer, Defense Intelligence Agency. 37-year intelligence career. HUMINT [Human Intelligence] operations officer with DIA, Office of Naval Intelligence and U.S. Army Intelligence. Middle East and Latin American operations specialist.

Behrooz Sarshar – Retired Language Translation Specialist, performing Farsi translations for counterterrorism and counterintelligence operations dealing with Iran and Afghanistan, FBI.

Brian F. Sullivan – Retired Special Agent, Risk Management Specialist, FAA. Retired Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police.

Commander Larry J. Tortorich, U.S. Navy (ret) – Former Deputy Program Manager for Logistics – Tomahawk Cruise Missiles. 24-year Navy career in the fields of aviation and counterterrorism. Two years as a federal employee with DHS/TSA in the fields of security and counterterrorism.

Jane A. Turner – Retired Special Agent, 24-years in FBI.

John B. Vincent – Retired Special Agent, Counterterrorism, FBI. 27-year FBI career.

Dr. Fred Whitehurst – Retired Supervisory Special Agent / Laboratory Forensic Examiner, FBI. Former U.S. Army Intelligence Officer.

Col. Ann Wright, U.S. Army (ret) – Retired Army officer and Former U.S. Diplomat. 29 years in U.S. Army, U.S. Army Reserves. Member of International law team in Operation Urgent Fury in Grenada. Served in Panama and Somalia. Joined Foreign Service in 1987. Deputy Chief of Mission, U.S. Embassies in Sierra Leone, Micronesia and Afghanistan. Helped reopen US Embassy in Kabul in December, 2001.

Matthew J. Zipoli – Special Response Team (SRT) Officer, DOE. Vice President, Security Police Officer's Association, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/officialsquestion911commissionreport

Advertisement