Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downton Abbey

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Snoopy1 wrote: »

Season 2 I think. He decided not to go through with it in the end

Yeah but that was different. De mens were allowed those type of shenanigans in those days, but if it was women it would have been a different story.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Delighted Ms Cnuting is gone. Rude Rude Rude. Happy to hang out with the toffs but sneer at them when they offer hospitality.

Dunno what Lord G is doing giving Cora the cold shoulder, after all he claimed to be onto yer man from the start.

Edith is such a mope, and the farmers wife is pure thick if she cant put two and two together: Edith gets her hubby a good job at the same time this foundling from a 'friend' his missus had never previously heard of arrives, then Edith sniffing around that one particular child in her brood constantly.

[guess=]My money is on Edith grabbing the child and heading off to Germany to find Whatshisface who isnt really dead at all but high up in the Nazi party [/guess]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

I do hope Edith gets a good storyline in the aftermath of this.
    It will be pathetic and sad (its Edith) but hopefully a bit dramatic and outrageous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Baby4 wrote: »

Because then she'll be the wife of a Lord and higher in society than the Dowager is. She wouldn't be able to order her around or feel superior to her if she married him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Can someone help me - I missed the part with Baxter catching Thomas giving himself treatment, what was he doing to himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Can someone help me - I missed the part with Baxter catching Thomas giving himself treatment, what was he doing to himself?

Hes taking something in the effort to stop himself being gay
    The Dowager doesn't want isabelle to accept the proposal as it would mean that isabella has more power than her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I think he had injections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Both Violet and Mary noticed the coldness between Robert and Cora at the cocktail party. I can imagine they'll be a few questions asked by both as to the cause of the problem.

Apart from that brief scene when he was talking to Edith about the trial in Germany and what might have happened to Michael Gregson, we haven't seen Robert as anything other than a grumpy, bad tempered rude man, constantly moaning about something or complaining about the horrors of modern life. He has become very one dimensional. It seemed obvious that he was going to return early that night, he kept going on about staying away if the dinner went on too late.

^ Exactly. He's been a pain all series.

I thought they were building up to Cora actually cheating and having everyone be on her side about it. He's been putting her down and ignoring her opinions and thoughts all series. I hope those that do notice the coldness blame him for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So Lady Edith departs Downton with her child (glad she got her back from that fishwife tenant farmer) and Lady Mary sports a very avant garde 1920s hairdo.

Does this mean Edith is leaving the series?

I'm sure they'll track Edith down and drag her back.

I was amused at the start of the episode when nobody seemed that bothered that Edith was about to get the terrible news but by the end of the episode I was hoping Edith would flip and murder them all. Mary was especially rude when Edith wasn't impressed with her new hair.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lady Mary bullies Edith - that's been pretty obvious for a number of the series now. She is either cold and indifferent to Edith and her plight or else bullies her outright. Edith is right to leave Downton - it's obvious that she is deeply unhappy there.

So it looks like Bates is innocent of killing Mr Green after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

Lady Mary needs to S.T.F.U. I'm getting very tired of her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lady Mary needs to S.T.F.U. I'm getting very tired of her.

Yeah she thinks she's God's gift to everyone and she is unspeakably rude to her sister. She wouldn't have lasted a day in the 'real life' aristocratic world of that time. Her poor manners and sexual proclivities would have marked her out very early as one to be avoided by anyone with breeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Why didn't Tom try harder to get Edith to talk to him? I'm glad she got Marigold back. I did feel sorry for the other lady though. I don't see why they couldn't have told her the truth in the first place!

Is Violet going to run away with her Russian prince? I hope not :( I love her!

Did anyone else think Mary looked like Charlie Chaplin with her new hair and her horse riding outfit?

Who killed Greene? Mrs Hughes? :p

Poor Thomas :(. I'm glad he has kind Baxter to help him.

Mrs Hughes and Mr Carson are so cute!! They melt my little heart. Was that property proposal a marriage proposal in disguise? I like to think so :).

I hope Isis is ok! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Don't let the dog die!

Rosie Rant wrote: »

Did anyone else think Mary looked like Charlie Chaplin with her new hair and her horse riding outfit?

Chaplin? Or Herr Hitler? :eek:

Edith was right to leave. She just found out that her fiance died. And they are all off to party and have loads of people over for a big shindig. Nice supportive family there.

But she is too well known in society to keep the baby concealed in London for long.

I think Carson and Mrs.Hughes are lovely together. And I do think that was a proposal- Carson is too proper to shack up with someone and so is Mrs. H.

Dunno what the ticket convo was for, didn't Mary burn it ages ago? And considering the 4 that know lied to detectives all along, new statements from them would be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I think the stupid UPC skipped an episode :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

SarahBM wrote: »

Catch it on TV3 on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

I love Lady Mary, a bit of class and sass to her...

As for the depressing attention seeking cow Edith..

SarahBM wrote: »

I watched that episode above on UPC, it was EP 6 that aired. If you are not too worried about spoilers you can check here if you saw them all.

If they kill Isis I am never ever going to watch it again!!!
    I've just finished watching it
    All this conniving is annoying me. Mary just needs to say to lord Gillingham I don't like you I'm going to marry mr blake. Then lord Gillingham can go off with that dreadful woman that they are trying to set him up with.
    I'm happy cousin isabelle is finally going to get some happiness, I hope I have the same amount of men chasing me when I'm her age.
    I think Edith will be found in London. She's obviously in a hotel and that would be paid for by her father.
    Who killed mr green I was convinced it was mr bates?
    I'm glad rose is finally getting a story. I thought she was meant to shake things up a bit but all she's doing is helping Russians.
    Finally one little question. Was cousin Rosamund ever married or had children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭paulbok

All this conniving is annoying me. Mary just needs to say to lord Gillingham I don't like you I'm going to marry mr blake. Then lord Gillingham can go off with that dreadful woman that they are trying to set him up with.
    I'm happy cousin isabelle is finally going to get some happiness, I hope I have the same amount of men chasing me when I'm her age.
    I think Edith will be found in London. She's obviously in a hotel and that would be paid for by her father.
    I'm glad rose is finally getting a story. I thought she was meant to shake things up a bit but all she's doing is helping Russians.

Every time she appears on screen, I keep thinking it's Miss Bunting. very alike

paulbok wrote: »
    Every time she appears on screen, I keep thinking it's Miss Bunting. very alike

Both incredibly mouthy and annoying

Both incredibly mouthy and annoying

The posh one annoys Mary though, and just for that is a blessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Aunt Rosamund is widowed with no children as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Aunt Rosamund is widowed with no children as far as I know.

Is Aunt Rosamund not Rose's mother :confused::confused::confused:

Or have I got that completely arseways? I know Rose is at Downton because her parents are divorcing - I thought that was Shrimpy and Aunt Rosamund.

Please don't shoot me if that's a ridiculous suggestion :eek:

Advertisement