Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 year old British kid banned from the US for life

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I Must have missed the whole US vs Yemen-Pakistan war so. UAV's vs civilians, that's some contest.

I'd like you and Gizmo to tell me what is an acceptable ratio of for you both- civilians killed vs supposed terrorists killed to justify these attacks.

Bet you don't answer the question and give some long winded answer ;)
    I haven't done that to you yet BB so I won't start now. :) What Paul said is indeed perfectly correct however I'd go one step further and say no ratio is acceptable. But why then, you may ask, do I support these strikes, or at least their aims? Well unfortunately just like I admit there is no acceptable answer, I also do not believe that these terrorists can be allowed to operate without any action taken against them. The reason the Pakistani government has probably called in the US drones is because their alternative, open fighting with soldiers, would more than likely result in a higher death toll with both civilian and casualties. Were a better solution available I don't think either the US or Pakistani governments would hesitate to jump at it.

Advertisement