Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 year old British kid banned from the US for life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

Obama has to be the most boring occupant the white house has ever had.He wasn't called the "empty suit" when he was an Illinois Senator for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

todolist wrote: »
    Obama has to be the most boring occupant the white house has ever had.He wasn't called the "empty suit" when he was an Illinois Senator for nothing.

Not to the people of Pakistans tribal belt he hasn't,

US Drone Strike Statistics
    Year........Number of Drone Strikes......TotalKilled
    ..............................................Total1,767

Projection for 2010.............92..............824

On June 3, 2009, the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) delivered a report sharply critical of US tactics. The report asserted that the US government has failed to keep track of civilian casualties of its military operations, including the drone attacks, and to provide means for citizens of affected nations to obtain information about the casualties and any legal inquests regarding them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_attacks_in_Pakistan

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

robtri wrote: »
    well back on topic....

the article.. if it to be trusted, main stream media, sensatalising stuff and all that lads...

also says he used threating and abusive language....
    it is hard to say since they didnt reproduce the email.. exactly what was said... but threating, possibly the life, of a countrys leader is a no no... and serves the idiot right....
    there are consequences for your actions and now he has to accept that..

Being banned from AmeriKKKA for life is a blessing not a punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Being banned from AmeriKKKA for life is a blessing not a punishment.

Indeed but you'd need to do more the call the president a prick like you suggested.
    So why all the sensationalism?

studiorat wrote: »
    That link says nothing about what the email said. Nothing about calling anyone a prick.

Another case of 1 + 1 making 3. Without the text of the email the OP is even more sensationalist than any tabloid.

Don't know if I should respond to this. You quote me and then refer to me in the third person.
    :confused:

Will the kid admitting that he called him a prick satisfy you?
    He said that he had called President Obama a ‘p***k’ but when asked if the action taken to ban him from going to America ‘forever’ was extreme, Mr Angel said he had been more abusive than that.

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/News/Teen-is-banned-from-USA-over-Obama-hate-email.htm

• Advertisement

studiorat wrote: »
    Indeed but you'd need to do more the call the president a prick like you suggested.
    So why all the sensationalism?

I'm sorry I really don't know what you are getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

but what else did he say in the email... what was the threatening stuff?????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The comment you supply has the kid admitting he called Obama a pricak and that he was also far more abusive then that.

In the OP, however, you portrayed the ban for life as being " For calling Obama a prick!!".

That would be like someone here hurling abuse and threats at another poster and finishing off by calling them stupid....getting banned....and someone else suggesting they were banned for calling another poster stupid.

That's assuming that the suggestion that there were threats involved as well was a fabrication.
    Welcome to the era of thought crimes
    Sending an email isn't a thought. Its an action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

As soon as this fella figures out that he outa write a book about it the richer he'll get. If he can't hear 'ka-ching' like every time he clicks on his inbox he's a moron. Or deaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

you don't have a natural born right to enter the united states

wish it were the same in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

sligopark wrote: »
    wish it were the same in Ireland
    It is the same here.

Texan backpackers turned away by Irish immigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

what has obama accomplished?

A nose job
    barack-obama-plastic-surgery.jpg

I had people insult me why cant i get them banned for life :mad:

That kid is going to be famous when he gets older,for what yet to be seen lol

They seem pretty similar to me, especially considering one picture is him at his high school graduation whereas the other one is a current picture of him.

As for becoming famous later, well generally speaking people who think they're smart and/or funny writing to someone to call them a prick don't usually go very far in life.

Obama defends the right to kill US citizens without due process before a court of law without having to give any justification for the murder, even to the courts - hiding behind the "state secrets" act.

What a prick President.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/25/AR2010092500560.html?hpid=topnews

Obama defends the right to kill US citizens without due process before a court of law without having to give any justification for the murder, even to the courts - hiding behind the "state secrets" act.

What a prick President.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/25/AR2010092500560.html?hpid=topnews
    I don't really see the issue with this in this context. What we have here is a suspected terrorist who is hiding in another nation with no extradition agreement in place with the US. If he is innocent then there is no reason why he can't return to the US and face due process. His case is high profile enough that they won't be able to simply brush it under the carpet as some may suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

That kid is a moron! Never will he get to visit the USA! One of the most beautiful and diverse places I have been to(politics aside)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

That kid is a moron! Never will he get to visit the USA! One of the most beautiful and diverse places I have been to(politics aside)

Meh.

ONe example of many.
    http://news.antiwar.com/2010/08/23/us-drone-strike-destroys-house-full-of-children-in-pakistan/#

Of course we never find out their names because that would mean registering them as fellow human beings.

8e6a8be31a229b213cafae60019138de_S.jpg
    The children of Mohammed Asghar who was killed in a US drone attack.
    http://www.cageprisoners.com/our-work/interviews/item/535-interview-with-family-devastated-by-drone-attack

gizmo wrote: »
    I don't really see the issue with this in this context. What we have here is a suspected terrorist who is hiding in another nation with no extradition agreement in place with the US. If he is innocent then there is no reason why he can't return to the US and face due process. His case is high profile enough that they won't be able to simply brush it under the carpet as some may suggest.

Apparently he is also an expected of working for the CIA by other Muslims.
    Just a warning on the above, I listened to some of the lecture and it is a little disturbing for some reason. I think it is a genuine jihadi type speaking. Interesting nonetheless. My computer has been having all kinds of crashes since I start looking into this stuff just now, white screen flashes and stuff, weird.

Anyway. Don't you find the fact that the president can order citizens killed without any accountabilty or reason a terribly dangerous precedent?

Anyway. Don't you find the fact that the president can order citizens killed without any accountabilty or reason a terribly dangerous precedent?
    As I said, in this context no. If this man is indeed innocent, there is nothing stopping him from coming forward and proclaiming his innocence. Given the level of interest from civil rights groups there is no way anything would happen to him if he did this. Also taking into consideration the fact that Obama has used the state secret act so seldom since coming into office it's quite obvious there is a strong case against him otherwise such measures would not have been taken.

As for the subsequent links, can you please link to some stories regarding the innocent deaths at the hands of Mohammed Ali Hamadi? How about because of Baitullah Mehsud? Or maybe Hakimullah Mehsud?

Do you even know who these people are? What they have done? Probably not unfortuantely, yet I'm sure it'll be easy to find hundreds of articles about how the US have "slaughtered" hundreds of people in Pakistan. While I'm all for denouncing the heavy handed tactics of the US military when it's called for, the bias in the other direction sickens me equally.

• Advertisement

As I said, in this context no. If this man is indeed innocent, there is nothing stopping him from coming forward and proclaiming his innocence. Given the level of interest from civil rights groups there is no way anything would happen to him if he did this. Also taking into consideration the fact that Obama has used the state secret act so seldom since coming into office it's quite obvious there is a strong case against him otherwise such measures would not have been taken.

As for the subsequent links, can you please link to some stories regarding the innocent deaths at the hands of Mohammed Ali Hamadi? How about because of Baitullah Mehsud? Or maybe Hakimullah Mehsud?

Do you even know who these people are? What they have done? Probably not unfortuantely, yet I'm sure it'll be easy to find hundreds of articles about how the US have "slaughtered" hundreds of people in Pakistan. While I'm all for denouncing the heavy handed tactics of the US military when it's called for, the bias in the other direction sickens me equally.

Why do you put the slaughter of innocent civilians in inverted commas? That's disgraceful behaviour.

I actually didn't know who any of the terrorist chaps, (according to wiki at least) were beforehand, no. But what is the connection between them and innocent civilians being murdered in drone attacks!!!????

As I said, in this context no.
    And out of this context?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Wouldn't it be nice to get every1 in Ireland and the UK to sign a petition which has that kids email as it's context? It'd be a nice record for the guiness world book if so many people get banned from entering the US :D

Why do you put the slaughter of innocent civilians in inverted commas? That's disgraceful behaviour.
    No, it's bad journalism and the reason I put it in inverted commas was to highlight the sensationalist nature of it. Of course it is a tragedy they were killed but the media reporting on them with such hyperbolic terms is not only untrue but disrespectful.
    I actually didn't know who any of the terrorist chaps, (according to wiki at least) were beforehand, no. But what is the connection between them and innocent civilians being murdered in drone attacks!!!????
    Quite a lot actually, they were three of the prominent terrorists killed in the last waves of the strikes.
    And out of this context?
    That doesn't make sense, the context is that the President has used an executive order to allow a capture or kill order to be placed on a US citizen who is a known terrorist and is hiding in a non-extradition country. Should he be able to do this on anybody? Of course not. Would he do it anyway? Of course not. He's doing it for the above reason and for the above reason alone. What would you prefer him to do, just forget about him because he's a US citizen? Should known terror subjects who are US citizens be left alone for fear of upsetting civil rights groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I heard Obama is a radical Islamic sleeper cell terrorist who plans to destroy the United States by expanding health care coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

No, it's bad journalism and the reason I put it in inverted commas was to highlight the sensationalist nature of it

Totally agree with Gizmo on this.

Brown Bomber, posting the way you do only serves to stir up ignorant hatred. Presenting only one side of a topic is misrepresentation. Force feeding people stories of 'slaughter' is poor journalism. Cows are slaughtered, pigs are slaughtered.

Civilians dying in wartime is an unfortunate fact of life. I wish it weren't so, but it is. Obama, you can be certain, does not condone the spilling of innocent human blood.

Totally agree with Gizmo on this.

Brown Bomber, posting the way you do only serves to stir up ignorant hatred. Presenting only one side of a topic is misrepresentation. Force feeding people stories of 'slaughter' is poor journalism. Cows are slaughtered, pigs are slaughtered.

Civilians dying in wartime is an unfortunate fact of life. I wish it weren't so, but it is. Obama, you can be certain, does not condone the spilling of innocent human blood.

I Must have missed the whole US vs Yemen-Pakistan war so. UAV's vs civilians, that's some contest.

I'd like you and Gizmo to tell me what is an acceptable ratio of for you both- civilians killed vs supposed terrorists killed to justify these attacks.

Bet you don't answer the question and give some long winded answer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

The simple answer is, there are no simple answers.

Life isn't always as black and white as you'd like it be, there are a thousand shades of grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I Must have missed the whole US vs Yemen-Pakistan war so. UAV's vs civilians, that's some contest.

That's the problem with fighting an unconventional war.

Advertisement