Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Central Heating - Installation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rookav

as for taking the old oil away , i know who recycles it and takes it away for free

Thanks! Will give you a shout if the sale goes ahead. Will want to clear out the old oil tank ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

im a viessmann installer as well , did u go to the uk on course ?

beware of the Chinese boilers , most other makes are made there cheap child labour an all that , no wonder the screws are so small !

it will cost more to remove the old oil than the tank , but as i said i know a guy who will do it for free .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I didn't know ya had to go to the u.k to learn how to install a boiler...

I taught the manufactures instruction told all of that!!!!!:D:D:D according RGII

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

it will cost more to remove the old oil than the tank , but as i said i know a guy who will do it for free .

If I was getting free oil, I would collect it for nothing. People actually charge for this service and more importantly people pay for it?

so i can give my customers a ten year warranty, immergas made in china no thanks

well ring one of the so called oil disposal companies , see how much they charge , i rang one of them , they told me it would have to transported to a cleansing plant very carefully, down in wexford some where, it would be so much a mile , and expect an inspector to come out and give a detailed report on the material . then i heard of a guy who does it for free, ok so he gets a drop of oil here an there but its a great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

so i can give my customers a ten year warranty

I never thought the plumbing forum would be make me laugh.

Good work:) !

beware of the Chinese boilers

what do I look out for, free prawn crakers?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭kscobie

gary71 wrote: »
    what do I look out for, free prawn crakers?:D
    there's a great james bond film in this:D:D:D:D

give up the ghost , handyman lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

I sure did :)

standards my man standards , top of the range , top of the range only. long live the gerries , back to china Mr Immergas

so i can give my customers a ten year warranty, immergas made in china no thanks

The 10 year warranty is standard on the heat exchanger, the 5 year parts and labour is the extra if installed by a Viessmann installer.

Who are immergas?

Did you hear of ARCA? I keep getting emails about them.

well fair play to ya which model do you fit most ? i fit a lot of 100 `s 19kw & 26kw modulating, really quite , aren't they, the clients love them as the viewing window gives temp, flame , comfort mode etc, so easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Immergas are made in itlay.

I think someone should of learned geography in school..:p

standards my man standards , top of the range , top of the range only. long live the gerries , back to china Mr Immergas

I agree they are top of the range and I love them, but not every one has money in there arse pocket for a Viessmann so you have to keep your and there options open. There are good mid range boilers out there like Ariston, Vokera and Glow-worm (the newer glow-worm models) that are reasonable prices and very reliable

they are a new crowd setting up in opposition to RGII , and Dublin Gas as they are dominating the market place , and there was talk of Dublin Gas fitting boilers on peoples bills , sure where would that leave us ? out in the cold !!
    and the gang in here laughing at us !
    the organizers are a few of the bigger well known company's who are feeling the pinch so i have mixed views on exactly what they are at , be wary.

there is little difference in the price two hundred at most , between a rolls royce or a mongoral from italy

• Advertisement

they are a new crowd setting up in opposition to RGII , and Dublin Gas as they are dominating the market place , and there was talk of Dublin Gas fitting boilers on peoples bills , sure where would that leave us ? out in the cold !!
    and the gang in here laughing at us !
    the organizers are a few of the bigger well known company's who are feeling the pinch so i have mixed views on exactly what they are at , be wary.

I would like you to clarify some points you made please.

Setting up in opposition to RGII?

Who is Dublin Gas? same as Bord Gais?

Who are the gang in here laughing?

I fit 100's too. The only thing I dont like about them is the blow-off, if you forget to put a little piece of copper onto it before you put it on the wall it's a pain in the arse to do it after. The offset wall bracket is very good if you have to run the pipes behind the boiler. and the 4 pipe system is very good too with the wireless 2 channel Vititrol controller.

JohnnieK wrote: »
    I sure did :)

well so did I, I can see a bit of male bonding going on, we will have to find a Pub with good German beer and stay a way from the Chinese afterwards of course:)

there is little difference in the price two hundred at most , between a rolls royce or a mongoral from italy

The Ariston CLAS is Italian and I would gladly have it on my wall, its a fantastic boiler, there is more than Viessmann out there.

gary71 wrote: »
    well so did I, I can see a bit of male bonding going on, we will have to find a Pub with good German beer and stay a way from the Chinese afterwards of course:)

We could go for an Indian!!

Setting up in opposition to RGII?

Who is Dublin Gas? same as Bord Gais?

I think they are called The Alliance of Heating and Gas installers and as far as I can make out from the newsletter they are not in opposition to RGII but want them to be more tighter and to stop the redundant factry workers and taxi men and bakers from doing a GID because they are unemployed and calling them selves gas fitters and going out thinking they are servicing boilers and so on. There was a meeting in the Red Cow a few months back about it and Willy Wilson was at it.

We could go for an Indian!!

I'd have to see their boilers first, i could have a kebab but those damn Turks have a lot to answer for with Heatline.

I think they are called The Alliance of Heating and Gas installers and as far as I can make out from the newsletter they are not in opposition to RGII but want them to be more tighter and to stop the redundant factry workers and taxi men and bakers from doing a GID because they are unemployed and calling them selves gas fitters and going out thinking they are servicing boilers and so on. There was a meeting in the Red Cow a few months back about it and Willy Wilson was at it.

But RGII have the contract and are the legal "watch dog" of the domestic gas installer. How can an other organization take over with out due course? Are they like a lobby group?

Setting up in opposition to RGII? another group like an other union to represent the gas fitters of Ireland down in cork they have an other group , we pay our annual fee as fitters , and have to buy certs as well, all of a sudden their is non fitters such as handy men and other non plumbers being registered with them , i dont think so

Who is Dublin Gas? same as Bord Gais? same

one in the last 3 or four quoates was lol at me

• Advertisement

one in the last 3 or four quoates was lol at me

:confused:

Advertisement