Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Was that meant to be unsettling? Because that's not something I'd like to stumble upon late at night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

There used to be a channel called 5 Spike but that closed or changed name 3 years ago. The channel 5 suite of channels moved to a new frequency a month ago and also changed some of the names. The new settings are 11307 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S QPSK

The list of channels is here https://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?&tp=1236&standard=All&filtre=Clear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I think you are correct, AFAIK, 5Spike became Paramount Network which in turn became 5Action. If he hadn't retuned since 5Spike changed names a few years back, then for him, he would still be seeing 5Spike as the name on his channel list, even though in reality it would have been 5Action he was watching. All channel 5 channels moved about a month ago, so his 5Action ( or for him 5Spike) would have disappeared that time too, so it sounds very much like 5Action is what he would have known as 5Spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah that sounds like the answer tbh, thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

NOW ROCK has replaced Now Xmas.

Happy New Year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Smithsonian Channel gone

it was announced that the channel would be closing on January 6, 2023 after nearly four years on air.

Its programming will be shifted to online platforms, including Paramount+, My5 and Pluto TV.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thanks.

I wondered, as I had attempted to play that channel tonight but there was no content.

Pity, as I watched the channel irregularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Yes, pity about Smithsonian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

It's daft moving Smithsonian content to a streamer, whilst I'd often settle on that channel for a half hour while something pretty or interesting was on before I go to sleep, they're nuts if they think im going to go out of my way or even think about seeking out Aerial America etc.

Ah well it was a nice channel while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There was a rather interesting development that occurred on VM's EPG in the UK last night.

They did an overnight reshuffle which got rid of SD channels owned by Channel 4 and Sky. All of the channels from Channel 4 are now HD only on VM O2 in the UK.

You previously needed a HD sub to watch Channel 4 sister channels in HD on VM in the UK. That sub is now no longer required to view them. They are HD by default.

I wonder does this move from Channel 4 allows them following agreement with Sky to put out E4 HD, More4 HD and Film4 HD on Freesat/FTA Satellite in the near future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭mrtom

Any idea where the HD "Wild Earth", the live feed from various game reserves in South Africia has gone? Was on Astra 2A 11171 H 22000. Showing good signal strenght.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

From the Flysat satellite news 16 February.

17:55 CET WildEarth TV ( 11171 H ) left Astra 2G @ 28.2° E

The signal is still there and the channel name 51118 still scans, but No Audio Video message.

Bit of a strange one this. I'm fairly sure it was still there earlier in the week. However it seems odd that they were testing for 2 months solid without launching. I first spotted it on 12th Dec.

No mention on their website https://wildearth.tv/channel/

It is still available on Rakuten TV if you have a suitable device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Probably been answered before but just want to check if it's possible to tune in Channel 5 like we can with the ITV/UTVs?

thanks

The Channel 5 suite of channels is on 11307 H 27500 2/3 QPSK DVB-S

• Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

If memory serves these channels may be tagged as subscription channels, in which case a FTA scan of the frequency/transponder may not store them. In this case do an "all channel" scan which will store the subscription channels too.

Post edited by The Cush on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Nope, manual addition via Add Channels.

10773H, 8PSK, 23000, 3/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

I take it you mean cheap FTA boxes as a good FTA box can have bouquets set to autoupdate like sky and no problems for youn old techy or non techy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I have two Humax Foxsat-HDRs with the modified software, they're just the business - "just work" - never any hassle and non-techy spouse friendly - stream recordings to any device in the house. I got the second one cheap on eBay a few years ago, I should probably grab another as a spare before they become collector's items 😉

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

So tell me where a plug and play fta box with 7 day epg for Irish and UK channels can be bought, that an elderly or non techy person doesn't have to download epgs and skins etc , so as to make a fta box look similar to a Sky box. For years I've asked how come somebody isn't making these for the Irish Market and selling them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Irish market is too small to make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

and let's face it, there's shag-all worth watching on the Irish channels anyway 😕

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Wcool

OK followup question, I am trying tio reach Advanced level 😁:

Lots of channels have a +1 hour 2nd channel or a SD + HD variant of the same channel.

Is there a hack to tell the EPG software to use the data from another channnel for the EPG display?

er can you explain a bit further with examples????? And can you say box and image you are using? I am intrigued as at the moment I am tinkering with a box from scratch and setting up bits like epg.

Well an example would be the channel GREAT! Movies

I have EPG for GREAT! Movies, but not for GREAT! Movies +1.

Is there a way to use the feed for GREAT! Movies for +1 as well?

Same for DRAMA, GREAT! tv and YESTERDAY

Sorry forgot: OpenATV 6.4 with zgemma H7

You should have EPG data for all channels inc Great movies +1 if you use crossEPG.

now that is a good example. I have a zgemma h7s setup and it did not have great movies so I added them and got all the epg's. This is with openatv 6.4 and using a kiddac skin. And I use crossepg with openepg ticked. here is a pic.

But try this first go to great movies + and then arrow up and then press red button, you may find another list for great movie + select it and then press epg. Next bit is to move that to your movies bouquet.

But you need to say what way you have set up your epg. I have just got another Zh7 from Germany and started configuring with basic epg and as yet cant make it download manually. Its 6.4 as well but I will add a lot of bits as I go along.

Have you had the box long?

I have to go out for a bit.

• Advertisement

MENU>SETUP>EPG>CROSSEPG>

Make sure Sky UK is ticked and save the settings.

This is on Vix but ATV should be similar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement