Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking Habits

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

enda1 wrote: »

I find it far more odd for those that form an intrinsic link between sociality and alcohol, it creates some sort of dependent relationship.

Only for people who associate going out with having to have drinks...
    I don't always drink when I'm going out, but it's the only time I might be tempted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

at that point i was drinking over a point of vodka a day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. More if I can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I used to be what I'd call a binge drinker, I guess. Tend not to drink now, but I wouldn't say I'm a non-drinker 'cause I still like a cocktail every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

I'm an alcoholic
    Twice a week on average. I'd get proper drunk one of the nights,usually a friday and would take it handy enough the other day I decided to have a few

I have friends who drink heavily 4 times a week, that said, they are all in college so that will probably end once they get their degrees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

I'm an alcoholic
    vespahead wrote: »

YES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

I'm an alcoholic
    Few times a week one night out clubbing and maybe two nights with a few at home or in a pub.

But these days Im happy enough to sit in the pub with a few mates having a few instead of going out and getting pure ****faced and Im only 20 clubs in Ireland are namely the same stuff and ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

small amount every night
    I like my vodka and tonic two or three times a week. Sometimes go out for a few beers on the weekend with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I drink a couple nights a week usually, though the days can vary, I'm still in college btw :p. I tend to drink a fair bit, though it depends on the night. Sometimes I end up a bit drunker than I'd like but most the time I'm not too far past tipsy(how I like it).

I actually hate going to clubs, though my mates seem to love it. I just end up standing around in the smoking area for the night chatting to people I already know while smoking copious amounts of cigarettes(I barely smoke when I'm not drinking so that really gets me). Gimme a nice half capacity pub over a club any day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

weekends only
    I drink every night normally 5 or 6 pints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Usually once a fortnight. I'm getting old. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

vespahead wrote: »

YES!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Only drink on weekends, if at all since I moved back home. When I lived in my own place I was drinking a bit 3 or 4 nights a week and getting battered drunk one or 2 nites a week, but that was in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭vinylrules

Five or six nights a week including at least one night in the pub - more if there's a gig on or I'm meeting up with friends. Mid-week would usually involve three or four cans of Amstel, or the same amount of Perlanbacher (lovely Lidl German stuff!) Weekend nights, would usualy drink five or six pints worth and maybe a glass of red wine before hitting the hay. Rarely drink before 9pm unless I'm having a steak sandwich in the pub on a Sunday. Occassional late afternoon pint on the way home from town or when travelling (have to have a few before a flight!)

As drugs of choice go, it ticks all the boxes - it's reliable (always does what it says on the tin), regulated, sociable, relatively cheap - and, of course it keeps people in jobs and attracts tax which goes towards the State. Oh, and I love that warm feeling inside once I've had a few - the world is always a better place and music sounds better. Everybody wins!

(I can just see the faces of the Alcohol Action crowd turning pale reading this but don't worry - I always drink sensibly!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I don't drink
    Current, alcoholic because it's Freshers Week and I'm a 1st year :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

vinylrules wrote: »
    Five or six nights a week including at least one night in the pub - more if there's a gig on or I'm meeting up with friends. Mid-week would usually involve three or four cans of Amstel, or the same amount of Perlanbacher (lovely Lidl German stuff!) Weekend nights, would usualy drink five or six pints worth and maybe a glass of red wine before hitting the hay. Rarely drink before 9pm unless I'm having a steak sandwich in the pub on a Sunday. Occassional late afternoon pint on the way home from town or when travelling (have to have a few before a flight!)

As drugs of choice go, it ticks all the boxes - it's reliable (always does what it says on the tin), regulated, sociable, relatively cheap - and, of course it keeps people in jobs and attracts tax which goes towards the State. Oh, and I love that warm feeling inside once I've had a few - the world is always a better place and music sounds better. Everybody wins!

(I can just see the faces of the Alcohol Action crowd turning pale reading this but don't worry - I always drink sensibly!)

Haha, I was going to say that if anyone from drunkaware is reading this thread they're probably in fits right now.

Advertisement