Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bout Dem Bears?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the best analysis i saw of wright was ' best o line in the draft , he plays like a prick ' :)

we need numbers in the door . should be 10 if there are no further trades

history will show whether not getting carter at 9 and trading back to 10 was a good move . eagles were strong already .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Well! How are we feeling? I'd probably be a lot more optimistic if our division wasn't looking so strong all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Close to .500 with Fields having a solid season and I'll be satisfied I think. Not expecting playoffs for the reasons you've said. Think the Vikes and Lions are clearly better when all teams are healthy and it'll be a battle between ourselves and the Pack for 3rd.

Little review here of Bagent against the Colts. If he plays well again tomorrow against the Bills and PJ is once again poor surely they'll make him QB2. He has been far better than PJ in practice and both games so far.

All the additions and the team is still horrendous. Alan Williams is simply a bad coach.

The offensive playcalling was scared, unimaginative sh*te all game. The o-line still being swiss cheese doesn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Go Bears!

I know it's only week one but there was nothing there that gave cause for optimism. All the problems and doubts from last year were in evidence again, in some cases even worse.

It's only week one... It's only week one... It's only week one...

It's amazing that they can spend so much upgrading the roster and still look like the same hopeless team that was on the field in December. The lack of discipline the first two weeks is the only difference I see.

Fields is firmly inside his own head, playing scared and refusing to throw the ball when he's looking straight at wide open receivers. He's a shell of the QB he was at OSU, but 3 years of dysfunction will do that to you. Well on our way to David Carr'ing the kid.

Caleb Williams will be better off staying for his senior season if the Bears or Panthers end up having the worst record this season or we'll ruin him too.

This has been as depressing as opening two weeks as I remember. We did some nice things early on but as always can't roll with the changes. Not too mind last year, this feels like Nagy and Trubisky all over again. At some point you have to accept that it's not the individual coaches or quarterbacks, it's the organization. Word of McCaskey having "angry" meetings with coaches and manager during the week and all I can think is, who the **** are you angry at? Did you storm in and shout at them about your own decade or more of ineptitude?

The McCaskey's managed to hire a Matt & Ryan who appear worse than Nagy & Pace. Eberflus has put together a horrendous staff on both sides of the ball and is trying to run a defensive scheme which depends on players (such as a 3T) which we don't even have on the roster. Poles is a former offensive lineman who has masterminded a bottom 5 offensive line two seasons in a row (only week 2 but it looks like the line is no better).

The Eberflus gimmicks like HITS aren't even fun either. At least Nagy had Club Dub and other nonsense.

Blow it up and start again...again.

• Advertisement

Really good drive just now if you're superstitious maybe we should complain more. But, yeah the only problem with your post here is that if we blow it up and start again and it's the same people doing the blowing up and restarting, there's no point. I'm not sure what the chances are of us getting a new ownership anytime soon...

Can only laugh at that. The screen was so predictable.

What can you say, can't see myself giving up my Sundays for the rest of the year to be watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

I am worried for the Bears sake that Fields being bad will be used as sacrificial lamb. Most of the receivers are struggling to know their routes (*cough cough* Claypool), the offensive line do not know who they are blocking half the time. I don't know what Kmet is meant to be doing and neither does he. He can't block, he can't run routes, he can't catch.

After all that Fields is still not reading plays as they should be read. However if you want to bring someone new in for Fields you need to tear the entire building down to give them a chance.

Yeah I saw an interesting thread on twitter where they showed Kmet in week one often in a running stance on plays where it was very obvious he would be blocking and nobody was going to be fooled or care if he ran, but he still had a running stance and then wasn't able to make the block, resulting in a sack.

Plenty of sacks that are Fields's fault as well, he is frozen in the pocket and not seeing open receivers, and this week he wouldn't make runs either.

Saw where the final pick 6 came on a play where Getsy called a play twice in a row and got blown for penalties, then called it a THIRD time for the pick 6 and the defense read it like a ladybird book.

Throw in your own point about receivers not running routes, and the defense playing pretty poorly despite having a defensive head coach, and then consider how bad the roster is all the way through especially in the trenches, along with having gotten rid of the only great player we had, and eventually you realise that quarterback, other players, coaches, and management are ALL dire. It's just an unforgivable situation and there's no way that it can be solved under the ownership that have led us to this exact spot three times in a row now (Emery/Trestman, Pace/Nagy/Trubisky, and now by the looks of it Poles/Eberflus/Fields). You can blame individuals all over the place, for sure, but when there's a repeated pattern like this, it's the organization.

In two decades I've never seen the Bears org in as chaotic a place after 2 games as it appears to be right now. Fields openly called out the coaching in his press conference today.

Alan Williams has just resigned. Nobody seems to know what the **** is going on with that, but his statement says he's resigning to look after his health and family.

Brad Biggs said this earlier just before the resignation announcement:

Lot of speculation about the status of #Bears defensive coordinator Alan Williams. I can tell you for the last 3 days we've been operating under the belief that his absence has not been related to health or a family matter.

Something smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A lot of nonsense being posted on Twitter by random accounts with no credibility.

My guess is Halas Hall was quite toxic after week 1. Perhaps there was a falling out which has led to him resigning and claiming it's due to "health/family" reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Several actual news sites are reporting a raid on his home though. Granted a number are also claiming one in Halas Hall which has since been refuted

His attorney (sports, not criminal) was on Parkins & Spiegel around 20 minutes ago repeating the health/family thing and when asked about the criminality rumours said "There is absolutely no criminal activity and no criminal actions being taken against Coach Williams."

Obviously I hope if he does have health issues and family issues they aren't serious and everything will be fine, but I'm still leaning towards it being a cover for him essentially being fired. But firing your DC after a week would look awful and lead to chaos.

Obviously the way things have played out have led to a chaotic situation anyway, but that is because the Bears communication on this has been abysmal.

• Advertisement

This is so similar to the demise of the trestman era. Joke organization.

Is this rock bottom or is rock bottom losing to the Broncos next week?

Hahahahahaha

Holy God.

I hate this team so very, very much.

I have no words after that. To lose to that Broncos team at home at all is embarrassing, but to lose in that fashion puts it on another level entirely.

At least the Panthers lost so the old one two draft is still on.

The Bears never fire in-season but this staff will test their resolve. I am interested to know if Kevin Warren has final say on firings or if it's still ultimately George running things. Warren has the same titles as Ted Phillips but Ted never had the authority to make those decisions alone.

If we win this we will have some serious momentum but you'd have to say there's a lot of ineptitude on display from both teams, our offense is not at all clicking like it was the last two weeks. Not quite back to square one here but it's not promising either.

• Advertisement

I'm starting to wonder if Larry Borom is gambling against the bears.

Advertisement