Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bout Dem Bears?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

one week to go , unbeaten in pre season , a stadium move announcement incoming , some early ESPN (i think ) prediction that we will go 3-14

BRING IT ON

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Christy42

I did hear a good piece that they have largely gotten rid of a lot of long term contracts and will be able to go out and spend in 2023. Main thing for them is to ensure Fields lives that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

On the one hand the offensive line is a worry and it's probably not great when your o line is the main topic of discussion all off season. On the other hand, poles is an o line guy and he does seem to be willing to make the moves he needs without regard to existing reputations. I have my doubts about leatherwood like everyone else, and Jenkins move to guard seems weird but he's looked decent there. I dunno, all you can do is be optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

a non NFL podcast I listen too just did their own draft party - everyone had to take a team (4 guys getting 8 teams) the Bears were taken 2nd last. I haven't been following closely but it does feel like a year where we might be getting a top 3 pick in next years draft!!! interesting that they kept Robert Quinn though...

We did win preseason!!!😂

• Advertisement

How bout dem bears dere ha?

SINGING IN THE RAIN

wasn't pretty and for while it was ugly but fair play to the offence & the 49's discipline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,180 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Strong defensively. Made half time adjustments. Disciplined in all phases (that stupid towel penalty aside). Really enjoyed that.

Dominque Robinson with 7 tackles to go with his 1.5 sacks. Only second to Roquan (9) in tackles today.

Lots of positive stuff said about him all off-season and he had a massive game. Could end up being quite the pick in the 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

That looked fun. It'll be a shame if ye ever move into a roofed stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What a bizarre wknd results. Bears, Giants and Vikings beat 3 of the favourites for Super Bowl. The rain must have distracted the sun drenched 49ers. But just wait till we go to Lambeau especially when it’s cold. Packers will be unbeatable. Go Pack Go. Rogers for MVP happens near every season.

has he blamed the loss on woke vaccinated liberals yet ?

Its the hope that kills you , great first drive then same old story .

Also why did Montgomery not run the 4th and inches even though fields got what i thought was a TD

I wouldn't mind giving fields the ball there but from the shotgun is crazy, even if he was over the line. More generally, do they not trust him at all to throw? Because if not, we could be in trouble. Lots to like about how the team is developing with young and cheap players all over the place but if fields doesn't work out it's all for nothing. But it's only one week, in a high pressure game. Two winnable ones coming up, of we come out of week 4 3-1 or even 2-2 you'd say we're around where we expected to be in a development year.

i think fields has the talent to make but he looks like he has the weight of his world on his shoulders when the games are not going his way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

You can never beat the Packers, no matter how many times u try. Even in Soldier Field, even if it was big rain, we would still trash ye. And even God cannot help ye if ye come to Lambeau for an ice game, we would absolutely crush ye. Even Leonardo Di Caprio in the Revenant killed ur mom.

The state of you.

I don't think he has developed trust in his line yet as there are lots of snaps were he looks very antsy in the pocket. Compare that to his Buckeye tape and it's like 2 different people. JT O'Sullivan has highlighted Fields taking half a second too long to make a decision several times and it happened again on Sunday when he had St Brown open down the right side, but he held it and ended up having to check it down. He just needs to let it fly when the opportunity comes.

It's a small sample size, but it's beginning to look like Mooney might not be a #1. Apart from 1 play when Fields missed him deep there wasn't many opportunities to get the ball to him because he hasn't been able to create separation in either game this season. Ditto Kmet.

The thing that worries me far more than Fields simply not working out because he hasn't got "it" is it not working out because the Bears didn't give him the best possible chance to succeed. The situation he has been put in the first two years is pathetic.

The second hand embarrassment 😂

• Advertisement

I don't want to be getting impatient but our passing offense is septic right now.

fields throwing has been piss poor

then fields to kmet .......FINALLY

It's just frustrating to watch because there's so many errors. Rushing the ball will possibly work this week, although I have my doubts, but it just won't do against any decent defense, and you can't develop fields by giving the ball to Herbert all day. But whenever they do a passing play, with the exception of the kmet and st Brown passes, it feels like you're just waiting for something to go wrong.

Not sure what to do but I would love to be done with mustipher at center and they need to play Jenkins more.

What the hell was eberflus doing? Are we trying to win the game or not? You have possession, time on the clock, and all your time outs, what sensible reason is there to not try and get a score? The argument that you don't want to concede could apply to every **** possession, so how does that make sense? Idiotic

i still haven't got my head around that , crazy , if you're 40 points up you should still go for it

the only positive is herbert getting more game time , he looks a class act

Fields, oh my God. He is so bad right now, it's inexcusable. That int is a disgrace.

• Advertisement

There's no defending Fields there. His pass protection has been sh*te all day, but he finally got a clean pocket and the play had time to develop only for him to throw a terrible pick into triple coverage.

Maybe the fact he rarely has opportunities to sit in the pocket and throw down the field influenced his decision to let it fly, but it was an awful decision. Can't throw that ball.

Advertisement