Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Office - Season 7

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Funny episode alright. I'm surprised that
    Will Ferrel
    is the new manager though! Well he seems to be anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

G-Money wrote: »
    Funny episode alright. I'm surprised that
    Will Ferrel
    is the new manager though! Well he seems to be anyway.

I wouldn't bet on it just yet.
    Ferrell is only signed for 4 episodes so far, and I would of thought he is too big for a TV Show like The Office. Plus Gervais, Tate, Romano, Spader and Arnett have yet to appear in the show. Although Arnett can be ruled out seeing as he signed on for a new show this Autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I didn't like it at all, started off well, but just went downhill. I find Ferrell tiresome though, he's got a couple of characters with only slight variations & I think he's just playing himself mostly (like Gervais).

Would have preferred to see Stephen Merchant get a bit of a spin in it as a potential manager

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Wasn't really impressed with that episode, I liked Carrell and Ferrell together but the rest of the staff seemed redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Dman001 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on it just yet.
    Ferrell is only signed for 4 episodes so far, and I would of thought he is too big for a TV Show like The Office. Plus Gervais, Tate, Romano, Spader and Arnett have yet to appear in the show. Although Arnett can be ruled out seeing as he signed on for a new show this Autumn.

Afraid Gervais has already appeared, he was in the pre-credits sequence a few shows ago. Anyway, he's working on a show with Merchant and Warwick Davis at the moment.

• Advertisement

Afraid Gervais has already appeared, he was in the pre-credits sequence a few shows ago. Anyway, he's working on a show with Merchant and Warwick Davis at the moment.
    He's making another appearance in the Finale though, even though you can kinda guarantee he won't be the new manager.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Afraid Gervais has already appeared, he was in the pre-credits sequence a few shows ago.

He's going to appear in the season finale too, it was talked about a page back after his cameo in the episode you're referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

it was "good" (7-8/10) but we really don't know yet which way Ferrell is going to go - nasty or nice?

I think we're set for a strong final few eps though - looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

iMax wrote: »
    I didn't like it at all, started off well, but just went downhill. I find Ferrell tiresome though, he's got a couple of characters with only slight variations & I think he's just playing himself mostly (like Gervais).

Would have preferred to see Stephen Merchant get a bit of a spin in it as a potential manager

Agree, he was just too Will Ferrell-y. The opening scene was good for the novelty but for me it got old very quickly. The only thing I got a laugh from was "Drink some soap!". I fear for the show after Michael leaves. I wish they'd just end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Huge return to form with this episode imo. Numerous laughs (unlike last week).

It's really just dawned on me.... we've only one more episode of the office featuring Michael Scott :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Michael's almost gone. :(

Good episode again this week, quite a few unexpected laughs, loved
    Dwight with the sounds effects.
    :pac:

"This is for you, trashcan!"

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

rumor has it that in the last Ferral ep he leaves because
    he is unveiled as the real scranton strangler
    Alot of sites reckon that Arnett is a sure bet to be taking over from Carell next season.

Meatwad wrote: »
    rumor has it that in the last Ferral ep he leaves because
    he is unveiled as the real scranton strangler
    Alot of sites reckon that Arnett is a sure bet to be taking over from Carell next season.
    Isn't Arnett involved in a new show in the Fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

phasers wrote: »
    Isn't Arnett involved in a new show in the Fall?
    He is indeed!

Can't see him committing to 'The Office'.. haven't watched much of the show this year but if I was a betting man, I could see them choosing one of the existing characters.

Basq wrote: »
    He is indeed!

Can't see him committing to 'The Office'.. haven't watched much of the show this year but if I was a betting man, I could see them choosing one of the existing characters.
    Me too, the fact they gave Jim a stab of being Manager last season, I reckon it'll be Dwight and will be Michael's last (only?) good deed to him.

I'd be thinking along the same lines, I can't see the show working with a stranger in charge.

Maybe Kelly or Darryl? As long as it isn't Pam or Jim, they're smug enough as it is

phasers wrote: »
    I'd be thinking along the same lines, I can't see the show working with a stranger in charge.

Maybe Kelly or Darryl? As long as it isn't Pam or Jim, they're smug enough as it is
    Isn't Daryl some sort of Manager at the moment? I think for entertainment value the producers will put Dwight as manager and could focus on him finally getting to the "top". How long the producers could pull that off for is a different story though.

I was thinking Dwight, but that would really mess with the fabric of the show. He could just fire Jim if he made any jokes for instance.

What about Andy?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Basq wrote: »
    He is indeed!

With his track record he could commit to two series simultaneously and not be overworked.

• Advertisement

Nice last episode for Michael but I don't know, I was expecting something more from it for some reason. Felt a bit flat or something.

Anyway, I can see them sowing the seeds for WF being given the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

die show die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I was a bit emotionally during the Jim and Michael scene. Wasn't hugely impressed with the rest of the episode though.

I hope that
    Will Ferrell turns out to be the Scranton strangler and Will Arnett joins the cast.

I was a bit emotionally during the Jim and Michael scene.

+1

I definitely felt that myself. Not sure what it was about the scene but it got to me a bit. You kind of got the impression that it nearly was the two actors talking to each other and not being in character. Especially when he mentioned about how sad he was at leaving and wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

G-Money wrote: »
    Felt a bit flat or something.

I think it's been flat since season 5. Still watch it though! :)

I thought Dwight reading the letter of recommendation was the nicest moment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I got the impression watching it that the show wasn't coming back for another season and they were just going to end it a year early as a surprise. Too meta? Wishful thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

"Hey, will you guys let me know if this ever airs?" Had me in stitches. Was an average episode, few very good moments though.

I miss him already :(

maximoose wrote: »
    "Hey, will you guys let me know if this ever airs?" Had me in stitches.

"It feels good to have that off my chest"

(muted) "That's what she said"

How apt :D

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed the first episode without Michael (Steve). Some very funny moments,
    notably the juggling scene.
    The opening credits were tough to take though, seeing DeAnglo sitting at the desk instead of Michael right at the end, I wasn't expecting that. Gave me a dagger to the heart sort of feeling :o

Advertisement