Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Office - Season 7

Options

Comments

God. Not Danny McBride. Surely the role of loudmouth hick is played by David Koechner as Todd Packer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

DAVID BRENT CAMEO?!
    British actor Ricky Gervais will make a cameo next week on the U.S. version of The Office, playing the character he created for the original British series.
    Gervais will reprise the role of acerbic paper salesman David Brent, who drops into the Dunder-Mifflin office run by Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell. The show will air Jan. 27.
    Carell is in his final season on the U.S. version of the comedy Thursdays on NBC.
    Gervais, who was criticized by many in Hollywood for his insults while hosting the weekend Golden Globes, is an executive producer of the American series. One of his Golden Globe insults was aimed at Carell, calling him "ungrateful" for leaving a show that made both of them great.
    The British version of The Office ran just two seasons, but catapulted Gervais to fame in the role of the patronizing and offensive Brent.
    It has been remade in France, Germany, Brazil and Israel, as well as the U.S.

The newest episode was quite good actually. Less of Jim and Pam, though still focusing on Pam somewhat. Delighted Creed got a bit more screentime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

yeah i really enjoyed this weeks episode. quite a few laugh out loud moments and just enjoyable an the whole

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Wow.. actually a really good episode. Very funny parts and the story was quite good.

Very much like the Office of yesteryear. Michael's dance party was pretty great.

Kelly: "oh god please stop" made me lol because it's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

• Advertisement

OisinT wrote: »
    Wow.. actually a really good episode. Very funny parts and the story was quite good.

Very much like the Office of yesteryear. Michael's dance party was pretty great.

Kelly: "oh god please stop" made me lol because it's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

The Michael Scott dance-off was wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Very good episode,especially Kevin flipping off Holly.Also alot of Creed :D

Best episode in a while,surely no Jim didn't hurt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

BrianJD wrote: »
    sigh. That'll probably be shít if I'm honest. Ferrell can be really really annoying in things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

sigh. That'll probably be shít if I'm honest. Ferrell can be really really annoying in things like this.
    He was brilliant in Eastbound & Down so I'll keep an open mind.

• Advertisement

im with you on that. If he's anything like his usual over the top, ridiculous self it'll be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/will-ferrell-the-office/
    With Steve Carell stepping out of NBC’s The Office, producers have enlisted Will Ferrell to help boost the show’s numbers during the season’s home stretch.
    Ferrell will reunite with his Anchorman co-star in a four-episode arc later this season. He’ll play a branch manager who arrives from the home office and proves to be just as inept as Michael Scott.
    “We found Steve Carell when he was nothing but a movie star and we turned him into a television star,” says executive producer Paul Lieberstein. “We are proud to continue The Office‘s tradition of discovering famous talent, and we hope that once America gets a good look at Will, they’ll see what we see: tremendous raw sexuality.”
    Three episodes will feature Carell and Ferrell together (they’re not co-workers, they’re co-people), then Ferrell will have one episode working with the Office gang solo after Carell departs (he’s leaving the show four episodes before the season finale, you’ll recall).

Why do I feel they are testing the waters and Ferrell could maybe take over full time from Steve :(

I think Ricky Gervais is in tonight's episode :)

I would love to see more of this - especially from Dwight.

(it's a weird colour so NBC can't claim copyright, apparently)

Could we have just seen the first hints of Michael Scott leaving Scranton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sorry but the tear at the start, awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

First 2/3 of this week's episode were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bren_D

Loved Ricky Gervais and the British Office. Not so sure about American version though. A similar type fly on the wall show from America is Modern Family. I think it is brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Threat Level Midnight, great episode. "This one's for you Cherokee Joe".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

"I'm a huge Woody Allen fan. Although I've only seen Antz" :D

• Advertisement

Threat Level Midnight was literally the funniest thing on the Office for about 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

"Who is Justice Beaver?" Was cracking up at that.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/the-office-spoiler-alert-guess-whos-in-steve-carells-final-episode-after-all/
    Amy Ryan will play a role in the April 28 swan song. “All I’ll say is she actually is in the episode in a way,” teases Paul Feig, who directed the highly anticipated half-hour. “[Holly] is involved.”

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Can you quote the article? Cant get on to that here :(

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Office-Gervais-Arnett-1030964.aspx

Ask and ye shall receive -- at least if your name is Ricky Gervais.
    Two months after he suggested that Will Arnett should join The Office, both Gervais and Arnett have signed on to appear in the NBC comedy's season finale, Entertainment Weekly reports.
    The hour-long episode, airing on May 19, is still being written so no word yet as to who they will play. Gervais, who created and starred in the original British production of The Office, appeared as David Brent on the U.S. version earlier this year. The upcoming episode will be Arnett's first appearance on the show.
    Arnett and Gervais' guest spots will follow Will Ferrell's four-episode arc, which begins April 14. Steve Carell's last episode is set for April 28.
    The Office airs Thursdays at 9/8c on NBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If Gervais and Arnett are appearing it must be interviews for a new manager? there's not really another way to work David Brent and another new character in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yesterday's episode was so... aww. :)

And it clears up the whole Michael leaving thing very nicely.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/05/office-finale-adds-ray-romano-james-spader/

The Office is hiring more stars for its season finale: Ray Romano, James Spader and Catherine Tate will guest star as more potential replacements for the departing Michael Scott. They join the previously reported Ricky Gervais and Will Arnett in the May 19th hour-long episode. Of course, Gervais has said he’s not interested in playing the role again, Arnett was cast in an NBC comedy pilot, and Romano is on TBS’ Men of a Certain Age. Or, producers could just do a total fake out and cast somebody who isn’t even in the finale.

• Advertisement

That makes me sad. Seems like they're just whoring it out now.

Advertisement