Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish people are Hyprocrites and Begrudgers!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

serendipitous backstabbing it were m'lud !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

jessie37 wrote: »
    Making up LIES is a great way of Criticising your betters...do it if you have proof that a person didnt genuinely deserve what they acheived...dont make up sh1t to make yourself feel better

Nobody is my better and i am better than no other person.

What with all this **** about "betters" being bounced around AH today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Nobody is my better and i am better than no other person.

What with all this **** about "betters" being bounced around AH today?

He started it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Got a promotion at work but according to some people through backstabbing not because I do my job well! and theres is no truth to it whatsoever..

Hahaha! Bet you are shyte at your job and supreme at schmoozing and now you are getting the fallout.
    Making up LIES is a great way of Criticising your betters...do it if you have proof that a person didnt genuinely deserve what they acheived...dont make up sh1t to make yourself feel better

Your betters???????
    Right, you are either smugly squatting in trollsville or you are seriously needing a smack on the botty.

Darlughda wrote: »
    Hahaha! Bet you are shyte at your job and supreme at schmoozing and now you are getting the fallout.

Your betters???????
    Right, you are either smugly squatting in trollsville or you are seriously needing a smack on the botty.

Read the replies, not my words!

• Advertisement

Bring the evidence internet! *weilds gavel*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

And if I was to pick a location thats chocablock with begrudgers. Its boards.ie

The people that believe that Ireland is full of begrudges happen to be the same ones that don't actually know what it means. Provide some links to show how Boards is 'chockablock' with begrudgery.

Ireland is chockablock with people that assume anyone who criticizes something is therefor begrudging, rather than y'know.. criticizing. When someone says they don't like Jedward, I bet in your eyes it's begrudgery.. god forbid anyone has difference of opinion with others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Also theres a missing porker with an STI and some jellybabies bit it. I think that's it.
    :D

Read the replies, not my words!

But, but... is not reading your words as OP against the law of boards???

*SMASHES DOWN GAVEL*

internet has spoken!!! GUILTY!!! TAKE HER DOWN!!!

• Advertisement

OMG I meant those weren't my words, I was merely quoting someone else who referred to our "Betters".... :eek:

*SMASHES DOWN GAVEL*

internet has spoken!!! GUILTY!!! TAKE HER DOWN!!!

Objection!!!

OMG I meant those weren't my words, I was merely quoting someone else who referred to our "Betters".... :eek:

But, did you slyly agree with the sayer of these words on the sly?

Objection!!!

Noted *mutters*

Bring the new evidence OP !!!

Grabs popcorn

is it to early for the '' Order Order '' quote ? :pac:

*bounces Judgly curls absently*

Well ? Did you OP ever use or mention the word betters in relation to the aforementioned abomination duly brungeth forthly jusificationally...erm...towit?

Noted *mutters*

Bring the new evidence OP !!!

:o

*bounces Judgly curls absently*

Well ? Did you OP ever use or mention the word betters in relation to the aforementioned abomination duly brungeth forthly jusificationally...erm...towit?

Erm... I did but ......... I didn't mean it was just quoting a word used in evidence against me :(

Latchy wrote: »
    Grabs popcorn

is it to early for the '' Order Order '' quote ? :pac:

Bring it, my work here is done....:(

I sentance youooOOOoooOOO to collect the dry cleaning of all the backstabEEESz in question herto-fore mentioned for the duration of one million years. Fuuuuuuuuuuurrrthermore you shall also pick fights with your new manager for the period of ONE MONTH, and refrain from washing or showering for the SAaaaaaaaaaaammme sentance to run CONCURRENTLY...you also must answer the phone in your new position as 'Good morning, sex gardening division' ......and loom closely into your colleagues hoola-hoop space having eaten a total of 17 garlic plants every day for the next 6 BILLION years.

Take ER DOWN!

Erm... I did but ......... I didn't mean it was just quoting a word used in evidence against me :(

Well yer honour.

That sums up my case for the prosecution. OP is now giving out about a word originally used by themselves as evidence of begrudgery.

I shall now rest this case in the hands of my BETTERS.

• Advertisement

Yes its Irish people who do this, no other country, we are bad and terrible.

Yawn. Dont criticise your betters or those richer then you. That makes you a begrudger. I think the word it generally used against any critisism of those in power, oh your just jealous, sit down do what your told you are only saying anything because you are jealous. Property boom, anyone? remember that? Maybe if Irish people were more inclined to question their "betters" then we would all be better off.

See above quote - my proof of the first person to use the word "betters"

Yes M'lud

/ slips pack of fresh bacon into M'luds pocket ;)

Last order......er Order ..Order

I sentance youooOOOoooOOO to collect the dry cleaning of all the backstabEEESz in question herto-fore mentioned for the duration of one million years. Fuuuuuuuuuuurrrthermore you shall also pick fights with your new manager for the period of ONE MONTH, and refrain from washing or showering for the SAaaaaaaaaaaammme sentance to run CONCURRENTLY...you also must answer the phone in your new position as 'Good morning, sex gardening division' ......and loom closely into your colleagues hoola-hoop space having eaten a total of 17 garlic plants every day for the next 6 BILLION years.

Take ER DOWN!

Harsh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

See above quote - my proof of the first person to use the word "betters"

Ithink you are missing the point a little, I did not say betters was yourself, you took as meaning yourself and then refered to yourself as better so it doesnt really matter who brought it up first.

Ithink you are missing the point a little, I did not say betters was yourself, you took as meaning yourself and then refered to yourself as better so it doesnt really matter who brought it up first.

Oh ok, but would never use that word had you not introduce it, and I definitely do not think of myself as better then anybody ...not my point at all in starting this thread.. but howsever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nextbestintown

Why in the name of Fcuk do Irish people think its only the little nation who are begrudging?

Human nature exits everywhere. Irish have actually a high tolerance to people who fcuk them over and get rich while doing it........ Developers, polititions and RTE presnters etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc............:rolleyes:

OoooooooooOOOOOORRRRrrrrddDDDEEEEEEEEERRRRRR !!!

Plaintiff if you are indeed, in factly muchly thus! The sentance stands I'd like to thank the prostitution erm, prosecution and the also the defensive for their untiring copulation cooperation. Yep.

Now, I'll hand over to me betters and such, thusly yours in justice.

Why in the name of Fcuk do Irish people think its only the little nation who are begrudging?

Human nature exits everywhere. Irish have actually a high tolerance to people who fcuk them over and get rich while doing it........ Developers, polititions and RTE presnters etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc............:rolleyes:

I hear ya. Yes on a serious note, the notion of begrudging is a clever little deflector thought up by folk who do not want corruption and inequality exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Seems to me, if your doing well in this country people hate you, they gossip and do their best to bring you down. Is everywhere like this or is this just an Irish thing?

OP, you make a fair point but those characteristics, unfortunately is representative of human nature, as such, you will find peoples that fit into your defined parameters everywhere.

Is jealousy and begrudgery restricted to the Island of Ireland?....NO

Are they more pronounced here?...certainly NOT.

I think it's more of a perspective issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement