Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish people are Hyprocrites and Begrudgers!

Options
  • 19-09-2010 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Seems to me, if your doing well in this country people hate you, they gossip and do their best to bring you down. Is everywhere like this or is this just an Irish thing?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Cuddlytroll

jessie37 wrote: »
    Seems to me, if your doing well in this country people hate you, they gossip and do their best to bring you down. Is everywhere like this or is this just an Irish thing?
    Does every forum feature repetitive, self-hating threads or is it just a boards thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Nah it's the same here, jealously exists everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Really? :eek:

(edit - aimed at OP, not the post above!)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Does every forum feature repetitive, self-hating threads or is it just a boards thing?

I love myself too much for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Failte Tir na nOg:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Not sure what you're talking about man. This thread is about cartoon theme tunes.

This is my favourite. How about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

You have got it wrong.

The people who are doing well are quietly getting along with their lives.

The ones who are crowing about how great they are are rightly being taken down a peg or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

We also great at tarring everyone with the same brush. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Groundhog day week on boards ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Dont hate myself! Just wondering are all nations as bad as the irish when things go well for you.!! or is it just us the thrive on peoples misfortunes

• Advertisement

Latchy wrote: »
    Groundhog day week on boards ....

Should I read through every thread first before I post

Search function normally does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Is this the bit where we're all supposed to ask you what's going so well for you.....;) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Some Irish people are, most don't give a sit either way and mind their own business, that's how i see it anyways,

Obviously this has been debated already , so mods just close it!

you've being here before ;)

Yes .

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Irish are so self hating, we hate our self hating

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Obviously this has been debated already , so mods just close it!

Too late now! It shall descend into a huge fight, someone will cry, others will chew on their keyboards. Me? I'll just sit here with one ball in and one ball out because it's feels weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Yes we know.

To make it worse the same people also dislike people who are unsuccessful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

This is just a double blind thread opener in order to start a Bono bashing thread because we haven't had one in, OMIGOD it be must 36 hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

lots of stupidity doing the rounds in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Any examples of this?

I only hear this nonsense from the FF types who lined their pockets during the boom years.

But hey, Its Sunday and I'm bored. So go on tell us. How well are you doing and how are others gossiping about you, hating you and conspiring to bring you down?

Got a promotion at work but according to some people through backstabbing not because I do my job well! and theres is no truth to it whatsoever..

Lets guess:

1. Got a boyfriend and friends infuriatingly indifferent
    2. Got a new car and someone pointed out it's a cut-n-shut
    3. Tried to organise a 'Yay me' night out but no-one came
    4. Adopted a rescue donkey but no-one will sponser it's hay feed fund
    5. Got a new kitchen with fancy hydraulic drawers but no-one complimented it
    6. Got to finals of Mz Hairycankles pageant but friends laughed at achievement
    7. Lost 7 stone but mates just responded by ringfencing their husbands and subtly phasing you out
    8. Got cosmetic surgery but people keep mentioning vulcans instead of 'young and fresh'
    9. Child won Junior Miss Precocious Brat pagent but is no longer welcome at kids parties which all unfairly refuse to tolerate biting
    10. Perfected D4 accent but ungrateful ex friends cross the street
    :cool:

Got a promotion at work but according to some people through backstabbing not because I do my job well! and theres is no truth to it whatsoever..

Those BASTURDS !!!! :eek::mad:

*removes dagger from shoulderblade*

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It's just an after hours thing

Julius Caesar ...that's terrible :(

/ goes off to ride on the pigs back

Hey .... which one of you B'stds stole my fooking pig :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

+1

Advertisement