Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's On in the City?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ceatharloch

This Sunday (June 2), traditional Irish music from the group
    OGMA, afternoon session (suitable for families, kids etc.), free
    admission, 1pm to 4pm, The Salthill Hotel (on the prom).
    This is in celebration of the Galway Sea Festival. See
    http://www.culturefox.ie/event/ogma-live-traditional-irish-music/3769.aspx
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ceatharloch

Come and see/hear the best in traditional Irish music, song and dance, and
    its free!
    Tonight (Thurs.) The Western Hotel (33 Prospect Hill, Galway City Center),
    9.30pm, free admission.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Just a quick reminder that Ignite Galway #5 will be occurring this Thursday evening (June 27th) upstairs in Kellys at 8pm. If you’ve made other plans, change them because this will be far better! What is Ignite?

Ignite is a global format for 5 minute lightning talks where a variety of speakers meet up and each share a story that they hold near and dear in the hope of inspiring the audience with new ideas. To aid them in this goal, they are allowed 20 slides that more forward every 15 seconds. It’s a light-hearted event where the real aim is to have a good time while learning something new.

276408_229498227107284_572134938_n.jpg

Why you should attend

This is our biggest Ignite event yet! At least 12 speakers have stepped forward and are confirmed to be talking on a wide range of topics. These include:
    • Oisín Ó Nidh, chairman of the Galway Cycling Campaign, on How to make Galway a Cycling City,
    • Michael Madden, veteran Ignite speaker and Head of Information Technology in NUI, Galway, on Computing Education: Past and Future,
    • Helen Gomez, artistic evangelist and open source enthusiast, on The Meaning of Art,
    • Paul MacEoin, masters student and (mad) scientist in training, on Curing Cancer,
    • Brendan Smith, probably the busiest person in Galway and localised force of nature for community outreach, on the Artifacts of the National Computer and Communication Museum,
    • and a whole load more to be announced later today!
    What Ignite is in aid of

The entry price of €5 goes towards helping 091 Labs with a particularly hefty ESB bill! Make sure to turn up early because seats are limited!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Request:

I'm away for the 1st 2 weeks in July but want to post something that's happening early in July.
    Would someone volunteer to post it for me please? If so just PM me and I'll send you the details.
    Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Advertisement