Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Storm Chasers' Return (Discovery US)

Options
  • 17-09-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

STORM CHASERS returns on October 13, 2010 with all new episodes at an all new time -- Wednesdays at 10 p.m. E/P.

Television's most electrifying hour returns with bigger storms and higher stakes. STORM CHASERS' teams are on the scene recording data and gathering research in order to improve early warning systems. This fall, viewers will get a front row seat to nature's fury in the heart of "Tornado Alley" as scientists, researchers and weather enthusiasts gear up and strap in for their pursuit of the ultimate tornado footage.

This season, viewers witness how the courageous STORM CHASERS used science to save lives last spring, which was one of the most violent storm seasons on record. Extreme meteorologist Reed Timmer reunites with chasing partner Joel Taylor in their armored chase vehicle "The Dominator" for the exciting fourth season joined IMAX filmmaker Sean Casey and his monster tank-like TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle) and veteran researcher and storm chaser Tim Samaras. Stay tuned for complete updates.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/storm-chasers/about/about.html

Dominating... :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

wait a minute..... sean is returning?? thought he was done??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Great :)

Except the last one or two seasons I've got really irritated by the 'coming up' codology that takes the suspense out of it somewhat, it's like telling what happens at the end of a book at the beginning so like what's the point reading :confused:

Edit : Discovery US ? Is that the normal flavour of Discovery we get here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Good to see Reed and Joel back together. Wasn't expecting Sean to be coming back since he didn't appear for the last episode after he got his shot. Gonna have to prepare myself for his constant childish moaning.

I don't think it will be on Discovery over here until it is completely shown in the US. Not sure though. You'll find it on the net though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Good to see Reed and Joel back together. Wasn't expecting Sean to be coming back since he didn't appear for the last episode after he got his shot. Gonna have to prepare myself for his constant childish moaning.

I don't think it will be on Discovery over here until it is completely shown in the US. Not sure though. You'll find it on the net though.

LOL I've rechristened the TIV as the Tantrum Incubation Vehicle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Not wrote: »
    Great :)

Except the last one or two seasons I've got really irritated by the 'coming up' codology that takes the suspense out of it somewhat, it's like telling what happens at the end of a book at the beginning so like what's the point reading :confused:

Edit : Discovery US ? Is that the normal flavour of Discovery we get here ?

I always skip ahead the first minute or so to get past the 'coming up' parts. :D
    It probably won't be on Discovery on TV over here for a few months but the episodes will pop up on youtube etc. after they air in the US anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

. Gonna have to prepare myself for his constant childish moaning. .

Yes, he's become a huge off put

there are websites that show the american shows the day after. just letting you know.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    there are websites that show the american shows the day after. just letting you know.

I know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

The first airing in the US is on the 13th of October i think. thepiratebay will have it pretty much straight away for the rest of us for those of you that use it!

Looking forward to seeing it now! You think there is any chance Reed might visit Ireland to do some storm chasing, lol , id like to meet him!

IMC042 wrote: »
    The first airing in the US is on the 13th of October i think. thepiratebay will have it pretty much straight away for the rest of us for those of you that use it!

Looking forward to seeing it now! You think there is any chance Reed might visit Ireland to do some storm chasing, lol , id like to meet him!

He has his own storm chasing tour company you can book places on. Not sure if he travels with the tour groups though.

• Advertisement

Looks like the new season will be taking a look at the serious impact these storms have on peoples lives

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Looks like the new season will be taking a look at the serious impact these storms have on peoples lives

OMG, that lifeless body at the end scared this s**t out of me! I really hope he wasn't dead!

sweet jaysus please tell me that person was at least breathing, cause that was sick to be honest:eek:

glad to see joel back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd watch it, but I can't stand the guy that shouts all the time!

Just a reminder. New season starts tomorrow in the US. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

WOO! LOOKIN FORWARD TO IT!, its my fix till next MAY! ha :D

ANYBODY HAV A LINK TO WATCH THE FULL EPISODE FROM YESTERDAY?

Iancar29 wrote: »
    ANYBODY HAV A LINK TO WATCH THE FULL EPISODE FROM YESTERDAY?

Haven't watched it myself yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6MVGt3z300

Forgot to think about youtube ha, cheers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Forgot to think about youtube ha, cheers! :)

Is there only one part there?

And I tried U-Tube but still did not find this link.

• Advertisement

No theres 2, but the 2nd is only just over 4 mins long.

Seems the person uploadin them has no part 3 up yet :(,

anyone know when the season starts on tv over here???

Yeah looks like the youtube version wasnt uploaded right. I'm sure the uploader will fix that. Anyway, I see that it is also up in the usual type of place people find US TV shows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Can i post a link to a Megaupload file with Storm Chasers Season 4 EP1 on it?

The Television charter says links to TV shows aren't allowed on Boards.

I'm not to sure on the legalitys of it myself as it only aired in the US last night so i've pm'd both Trogdor and Weathercheck for their opinion on wether its ok to post the link or not,

must go now and watch it :)

Btw, Mythbusters-Storm Chasers episode also aired last night. On Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfJlSbwV7jg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Can't allow a download link guys sorry, but for those who wish to see it it's not too hard to find when you know where to look ;)

trogdor wrote: »
    Can't allow a download link guys sorry, but for those who wish to see it it's not too hard to find when you know where to look ;)

Thanks for answering my question

cant find a decent clip anywhere :( was looking forward to watching this tonight.

• Advertisement

Just watched it. Looked like a higher quality production than the previous seasons. Better cameras, better editing but less science and more drama...

Looking forward to the next episode already. :D

Advertisement