Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The barrow crossing 21/05/19 (pic twitter)
    xZLD8AU.jpg

The barrow crossing 22/05/19 (pic LinkedIn )
    nwQJMGw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

m17 wrote: »
    The barrow crossing 21/05/19:(pics fb page)
    euocoyf.jpg

I notice that in this picture, the structure is no longer resting on the temporary pillar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭prunudo

The barrow crossing 22/05/19 (pic LinkedIn )
    nwQJMGw.jpg

Funny how much the camera angle from the various photos effects how close they are to closing the gap. The photos last week made it look much closer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

New roundabout at Mountelliot, part of the N25 New Ross bypass residual schemes, has opened

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/new-roundabout-opened-38130491.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

With the non bridge part of the New Ross by-pass substantially complete at this stage, will there be a phased early opening of the section from the N30 to the N25?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

Thanks for these. I know there's a thanks button but sometimes its not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

JupiterKid wrote: »
    With the non bridge part of the New Ross by-pass substantially complete at this stage, will there be a phased early opening of the section from the N30 to the N25?

I would doubt it; The N30 section alone, as Marno I think said in an earlier post, would do nothing other than funnel more traffic into the east side of New Ross....therefore temporarily having the opposite effect of building the bypass.

It will probably open as one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I can't see any large benefit in an early partial opening.

I'd imagine since the project started it has been planned like this. A standard 14km dual carriageway bypass would not take 3 years, it's just the bridge waiting for completion, so it isn't really surprising that the easy parts are complete and they are just waiting on the bridge. A partial opening would require additional funding from DTTAS for availability payments and given the shortage of funding, + the NCH/NBP looming issues, it would be a poor use of resources imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

I would doubt it; The N30 section alone, as Marno I think said in an earlier post, would do nothing other than funnel more traffic into the east side of New Ross....therefore temporarily having the opposite effect of building the bypass.

It will probably open as one.

I agree I can't see it opening any earlier but it would, IMO, have a beneficial rather than an opposite effect.

All HGV traffic heading for Waterford (and vice versa) from the N30 is diverted at present along an inner relief road/bypass to connect up with the N25. The inner road has traffic lights and pedestrian crossings, a large secondary school, leisure centre, Tesco etc. Opening the completed section would relieve this part of the town of a large volume of HGV vehicles which would get to the present river crossing more quickly.

• Advertisement

The barrow crossing 23/05/19 (pic flicker)
    J7Ckucl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Can't they open one lane each way with a little hill in the middle so we can ramp the gap if we go 100kmh?

Can't they open one lane each way with a little hill in the middle so we can ramp the gap if we go 100kmh?

East bound and down...

The barrow crossing (pic bam ireland )
    mfLsyfg.jpg

The barrow crossing 26/05/19 (pic fb page)
    BjHOyDt.jpg

Another seven weeks to go and that gap will be closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

The lads were just moving in 10 years ago,
    ready for work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's worked in any number of films, so yes why not! :pac:

Could go for a really show off technique.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

The barrow crossing 26/05/19 (pic fb page)

Another seven weeks to go and that gap will be closed

I would love to see that moment, if anyone knows a good vantage point I would really appreciate knowing it. Tent at the ready!

Absolutely....planning a camping trip there, myself for that. Will be able to take in the Enniscorthy bypass at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭josip

Best viewpoint will be from the Galley
    http://www.rivercruises.ie/cruises/

or contact the marina to see if anyone rents out a boat
    http://newrossmarina.com/

• Advertisement

The barrow crossing (pic Irish times)
    27Dl1dp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19 insta_mavic

Not long left now! Image taken today June 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Saw recently that this started construction three year ago- the era of fast and early finishes during the late Celtic tiger appear well and truly over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Well it is all done apart from a 900m bridge, which to be fair is much harder to build than say the Mitchelstown Bypass, which was pretty much flat with one junction and took 18 month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭CoBo55

road_high wrote: »
    Saw recently that this started construction three year ago- the era of fast and early finishes during the late Celtic tiger appear well and truly over!

Have a look at the terrain, they did well to do it in three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Azatadine

To be fair it did seem to drag a bit for a while but they're really motoring on it now!

The barrow crossing 30/05/19 (pic LinkedIn )
    Bcu3aoY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

@Insta Mavic

Great pic!! Can't wait to see the gaps closed!

Thanks for all the superb photos and videos, they really are excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 insta_mavic

A few more shots that I took yesterday. It is getting very close to joining now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭prunudo

Looks to be only one move away from touching.

Advertisement