Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 27 - 2011 ideas etc.......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source - Wrestlezone
    This week there was talk of doing some kind of Nexus vs. The Core match, presumably at this year's WrestleMania event. It's possible that there will be some kind of confrontation between the two groups at the Royal Rumble.
    Several WWE officials are under the impression that Christian won't be back in time for this year's WrestleMania event. His situation is described as "touch and go."

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I read a suggestion of Taker v HHH with HBK as the ref.

I like that idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

DM-ICE wrote: »

I like that idea.

Read that on ewrestlingnews,Hope that Sheamus doesn't get buried further before that happens.I find it odd that when Sheamus has improved his push has all but fallen off the edge of a cliff.The same has been happening to swagger.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

GTR63 wrote: »
    Read that on ewrestlingnews,Hope that Sheamus doesn't get buried further before that happens.I find it odd that when Sheamus has improved his push has all but fallen off the edge of a cliff.The same has been happening to swagger.

A great wrestler can make you forget when they lose.
    Sheamus has been able to do this brilliantly imo.

HHH v Taker would be interesting considering how HHH has never beating Taker. And also a nice call back to their match at WM-Xseven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    A great wrestler can make you forget when they lose.
    Sheamus has been able to do this brilliantly imo.

HHH v Taker would be interesting considering how HHH has never beating Taker. And also a nice call back to their match at WM-Xseven.

Losing to Santino & getting dumped out over the top by the dreadful Mark Henry has to hurt.Maybe i'm being protective of him cause he's Irish but I think wwe should be having more established guys putting over Morrison. But I doubt Orton,Cena or Edge are interested in putting anybody over when they are Main Eventers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

I like that idea.

So do I for the question mark it would put over HBK helping HHH get the win but at this point I think the most sensible option would be Barrett since it would give closure to Nexus costing Taker the win in the Bragging Rights Buried Alive match.

Punk vs Cena
    HHH vs Sheamus
    Barrett vs Taker

Gabriel, Slater and Jackson vs Harris, McGullicutty and Mason Ryan? Probably meh to watch but I think it's better than sticking Punk and Barrett in there with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

^^^^ Where would Miz and Orton fit in?

And you can probably add Otunga and Sheffield to that match if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

glenjamin wrote: »
    ^^^^ Where would Miz and Orton fit in?

And you can probably add Otunga and Sheffield to that match if it happens.

Money in the Bank again? *shrug* ;)

I'm kinda hoping Michael Cole reveals himself as the GM by then and keeps swaying things to Miz's advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I like that idea.

if it means HHH is back to his heelish best then im all for it!!

it would be interesting to see if hbk was involved.

Either he calls fairly and causes HHH to win. (come on, trips is mr ego but he's not going to beat taker) and thus causes a rift in his relationship with hunter. Assuming trips would be mega-heel.

Or he calls it for HHH and is sky rocketed to major heel even though he is retired and won't be making regular appearances.
    Seems pointless IMO.

Unless HBK makes the three count, taker wins and HHH takes out his rage on him, then being beaten down by taker and then the down on one knee "19-0" screen thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

People care about special referee gimmicks?

I suppose with Taker's streak vs HBK's best mate it'd be as interesting as that stip could possibly get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So in the last couple of month's, Undertaker's WM27 opponents have been Cena, Kane, Barret, the entire Nexus and now we have HHH in the running! In other words, no-one (especially WWE Creative) knows what's going to ahppen. Hell, Taker might not even be fit for Wrestlemania.

But I guess I would be happy with HHH facing him, I just don't see how it lead up to Trips being involved with the Deadman. It could very well be the last Wrestlemania for both men, so having them face off would make sense. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good as their match at Wrestlemania X-7, because as far as i can remember, that had a nice long feud to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

So in the last couple of month's, Undertaker's WM27 opponents have been Cena, Kane, Barret, the entire Nexus and now we have HHH in the running! In other words, no-one (especially WWE Creative) knows what's going to ahppen. Hell, Taker might not even be fit for Wrestlemania.

But I guess I would be happy with HHH facing him, I just don't see how it lead up to Trips being involved with the Deadman. It could very well be the last Wrestlemania for both men, so having them face off would make sense. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good as their match at Wrestlemania X-7, because as far as i can remember, that had a nice long feud to back it up.

Can't see it being Hunters last WM. Not by a long shot. I'd say he has four/five more in the tank.

Going by kane-n-nite taker is set to be signing at the WM fan axxess.
    Take that whatever way you want. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

The internet would explode if Cena beat Taker, it mightn't be "as bad" if HHH beat him, but there'd definately be explosions.

Degag wrote: »
    The internet would explode if Cena beat Taker, it mightn't be "as bad" if HHH beat him, but there'd definately be explosions.

I'd consider that young upstart Triple C*nt ending Taker's streak a much bigger slap in the face. Mostly because he'd be booking it; and has a shorter shelf-life than Cena. That'd be incredibly selfish, along the lines of Nash booking himself to end Goldberg's streak.

I'd add that to my list of "if this happens I'm quitting watching wrestling" :pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd consider that young upstart Triple C*nt ending Taker's streak a much bigger slap in the face. Mostly because he'd be booking it; and has a shorter shelf-life than Cena. That'd be incredibly selfish, along the lines of Nash booking himself to end Goldberg's streak.

I'd add that to my list of "if this happens I'm quitting watching wrestling" :pac:

what else is on that list?

CMpunked wrote: »
    what else is on that list?

Had a hard think. Here's the full list :)

- CM Punk failing a wellness policy test
    - Any McMahon (Vince/Shane/Steph) going on last at WrestleMania
    - Triple H becoming a 17 time champion.
    - and now, Triple H ending Taker's streak.

I suppose it's more "I'll stop watching for as long as I can". Last time I had one of these ultimatums fulfilled was when Bradshaw became world champion. I stopped watching for about 4-5 months but his reign just lasted so long! :pac: (yes his character turned out to be really excellent but out of principle I wouldn't hear him out)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

He's not actually straight-edge in real life though, is he? Surely just a gimmick?!

Charisteas wrote: »
    He's not actually straight-edge in real life though, is he? Surely just a gimmick?!

CMPunkTattoo.jpg

Having "Drug Free" on your hands and "Straight Edge" permanently tattoo'ed on your tummy is real life dedication! Nope it's legitimate, it's no gimmick!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think that's one thing I adore about Punk; he genuinely is a good role model in the drugs and drink respect. It also makes him such an awesome heel since he's basically just playing an evil version of himself, not a character just cast upon him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭pbffan

Here's what I'd love to see happen(not a chance though)

Edge vs Randy Orton World Heavyweight Championship - (I just don't see anyone on the SD roster worthy of a title match with Edge at 'Mania, and Orton's got nothing else going on + their feud was never given proper closure)

The Miz vs John Morrison WWE Championship

John Cena vs The Undertaker (Main Event)

Sheamus vs Triple H No DQ

Punk's Nexus vs Barret's Nexus

Daniel Bryan vs Jack Swagger US Title

Kofi Kingston vs Alberto Del Rio IC Title

Ziggler wins MITB

Too many interbrand matches, and we won't see Face vs Face at Mania, I know, but sure we can always dream :)

Any word on Jericho???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭pbffan

Wrestlemania 27 has "instantly forgettable" written all over it imo

It's mad to think that X-7 was ten years ago, getting auld :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

- Any McMahon (Vince/Shane/Steph) going on last at WrestleMania
    - Triple H becoming a 17 time champion.
    - and now, Triple H ending Taker's streak.

I suppose it's more "I'll stop watching for as long as I can". Last time I had one of these ultimatums fulfilled was when Bradshaw became world champion. I stopped watching for about 4-5 months but his reign just lasted so long! :pac: (yes his character turned out to be really excellent but out of principle I wouldn't hear him out)

Hmmmm...........

Mick-Foley.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

^^^^^^^^

WWE will do that some day, the BWEasel has it stored for when Punk goes face and gets injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

So, what's it looking like now?

Miz vs. Cena
    Orton vs. Punk
    Edge vs. Del Rio (Thinking a fatal 4 way with Mysterio and Morrison possibly??)
    HHH vs. Sheamus
    Taker vs. Barrett/The Core

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Miz vs. Cena
    Orton vs. Punk
    HHH vs. Sheamus

Hope not , it should be one one but in a way wouldnt be surprised if Rey gets in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Miz vs. Cena
    Orton vs. Punk
    HHH vs. Sheamus

That is if Trips is back in time. (He'll probably screw Sheamus in an elimination Chamber qualifying match or something)

Edge/Del Rio would be pretty good, but I've a feeling Ziggler will be in it making it a Triple Threat. (or as you said Rey)

Miz/Cena meh, We all know how it will end at this stage.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I really really really hope Miz drops the title at EC

I guess Corre V Nexus in some form will also happen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I wonder which of Miz/Cena or Punk/Orton will have the WWE title? Been fairly obvious for a while that Miz would face Cena. Just hope they keep the title off of Cena.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement