Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 27 - 2011 ideas etc.......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Charisteas wrote: »
    Wow a WM27 thread already, nice!

For me, WM really starts around December time when they have jobbers Royal Rumble qualifying matches on Raw and Smackdown. You know, when Michael Cole insults our intelligence by saying that a Goldust or a William Regal could go on to Wrestlemania by winning this match and taking the first step.

I wonder if the Undertaker/Kane feud will be drawn out until WM I am really liking this feud but I think it has the potential to be drawn out for a maximum 3 more PPV's (throw in the odd HIAC, casket, and street fight).

And what odds could you get for Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio to both win their first World Championships at WM?!

Is there another draft before WM27? If not, then I can't see how they could have so many of these fresh matches as mentioned above, with the exception of the Rumble winner choosing which belt and therefore which brand to fight for.

Wouldn't you love them to do something completely unexpected like have Golddust win the Rumble and headline Mania? Actually recognise probably the most improving in-ring performer in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Yeah but only if his opponent was someone of equal value. Not a current headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

CMpunked wrote: »
    Yeah but only if his opponent was someone of equal value. Not a current headliner.
    Cody Rhodes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

Syferus wrote: »
    Cody Rhodes. ;)

*Rings Sky to Preorder*

:o
    Brother vs brother match!

They're always amazing. Gonna sell my phone and laptop and head over just for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to see Christian win the RR and go on to face Edge at WM for the world title

PS.

I may have said this many times before :o;):p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    PS.

I may have said this many times before :o;):p

And you'll probably say it a few more times again, won't you? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,060 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cena v Taker must headline for so many reasons. Its the biggest match that they can do with the current roster, its fresh and the prospect of Cena ending the streak to watch the internet eplode is delicious. Taker is getting on so their is no guarantee he will be around till 2012, so it needs to happen now really.

Other matches? Impossible to guess really.

Rey v Sheamus would be excellent as would Punk v Orton. I would bring back Goldberg for a quick match as I think their is money to be made with a return for him. I would prefer The Rock but that's not going to happen.

Hunter can be in the dark match. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rey v Sheamus, I like It.

They should have Goldberg v The Miz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Rey v Sheamus, I like It.

They should have Goldberg v The Miz.

Blotchfest.. Though i would enjoy seeing Miz getting squashed by Bill..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Question time. Should Danielson be put in the Money in the Bank match (assuming they have one) or should he have a programme from the Rumble until Mania? Both have their advantages. Winning Money in the Bank is a great head start into the main event picture (Hi CM. Punk) but a well built feud would allow him to showcase himself better.

I think a Singles match could mean more. Punk only got off the ground by going heel and how he cahed in, edge also made his impact by the way he cashed in rather than winning the title of Mr MITB to start with.

So unless Danielson was going to go heel he could get a bigger boost by getting a singles match at mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If the thing about unifying all the titles is true, I'd love if Bryan beat The Miz tonight and Kaval eventually uses his shot to beat Ziggler and it ends up Kaval vs. Bryan at WrestleMania in a title unification match. I can hope right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

With MitB a ppv now too I'd imagine the more benficial MitB match for him to be competing in would be there. Even then I would still imagine he'd need to really gain some unstopable momentum to actually win.

Being conservative and assuming nothing explodes or falls off - which knowing pushes in general in any organsation the probably will - WW 2012 might be a better stage for him if they were to be brave and give him a next to guaranteed title.

I'd love to see Goldberg vs Sheamus, or even HHH?
    I can't recall trips having a match with him in his wwe run?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

CMpunked wrote: »

Unforiven 2003. Not a very good match at all. In fact I remember it being quite boring.

chordtype wrote: »
    Unforiven 2003. Not a very good match at all. In fact I remember it being quite boring.

Fair nuff.
    That's probably why I didn't remember it.

Scratch that one out and just leave big red and big gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Taker vs Cena (de facto heel)

Edge vs HHH (heel)

Orton vs CM Punk

Seamus vs Rey

Regal vs Danielson

Jericho (if he's still about) vs Miz

is a card I'd be happy with.

I don't really care what matches are title matches as the belts are worthless these days tbh.

Goldberg and HH had a feud last time he was with WWE, lasted more than one PPV AFAIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Take this with a pinch of salt, but worth a quick read.

Dave Meltzer leaks WWE's current plans for WrestleMania XXVII

According to Dave Meltzer in the September 20th 2010 Wrestling Observer Newsletter the WWE creative team are working hard to finalize the top three matches for WrestleMania XXVII by November, so they can start the hype in earnest. Here are their current sketchy plans:
    • A World title unification match, as had been previously reported at Cageside Seats, featuring The Undertaker vs. Sheamus. Meltzer is still sceptical that they'll go through with the World title unification idea, because he thinks at the end of the day the anachronistic thinking that they need a World champion for both touring brands to draw will win out. He also doesn't think Sheamus is credible enough yet for fans to buy him as a streak threatening WrestleMania opponent for The Undertaker. Personally I think for the World title unification gimmick to really work, you need two guys synonymous with their respective brands to go at it and Sheamus doesn't cut the mustard. Triple H, John Cena or Randy Orton would be better choices to fly the Raw championship flag.
    • John Cena vs The Miz. This is a good sign that they're fully behind The Miz's current push and have big plans for him in the future, even if this match doesn't pan out come show time.
    • The Money In The Bank ladder match may be back in its traditional WrestleMania slot, due to the MITB PPV bombing.
    • They may do some turns to lead to fresher matches. Talent who may get such a makeover include Jack Swagger, MVP, Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. That probably won't light the world on fire, given that all those stars have been typecast as midcarders after several start stop pushes. However, they might just be desperate enough to finally pull the trigger on turning John Cena heel, as they do realize they haven't got anything hot ready for WrestleMania, which is a riskier proposition with bigger potential upside. Expect them to go back and forth on that decision for fear of alienating the kids and women that Cena has brought to the table as their franchise babyface star of the past five years.
    • Expect lots of former WCW stars to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame, given that WrestleMania is in Atlanta next year. Those being considered include Ron Simmons, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger (Vince's hatred for Luger after he jumped ship and appeared on the first Nitro show while having a handshake agreement to stay with the WWF has died down since Luger's well documented health problems), Sting (provided he doesn't re-sign with TNA), Barry Windham and Tully Blanchard. Poor Ol' Jim Ross is still pushing for Danny Hodge as he does every year. Conspicuous by his absence in being considered is Bill Goldberg, after his negotiations with WWE earlier this year quickly soured.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I honestly can't see Sheamus V. Taker at WM27. I reckon it would just be Sheamus jobbing to the Undertaker. Wrestlemania these days is all about Taker's streak and i think the most obvious choice would be Cena V. Taker. I mean, Taker is not gonna be around for much longer, and if this is gonna be his last WM, and if WWE are gonna have some one to end the streak, who better than the No. 1 draw for the WWE Universe, John Cena. I dont think he would even have to go full heel for it. It could all start at Royal Rumble, with Cena eliminating Taker and then going on to brag about the achievement or something, leading to him challenging Taker at WM. Imagine the build up and promos for it, they would be amazing.

As for WWE/WHC Titles matches, I would like to see Orton Vs. Jericho Vs. Sheamus for the WWE Title and CM Punk Vs. Jack Swagger. And if they were going to unify the 2 titles, i would love to see CM Punk Vs. Jericho.

Another big-draw cross brand fued i would like to see is Edge Vs. Christian for the IC/US Title in a ladder match (if the MITB is gone).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 eire126

Hey guys!! Im actually heading over to atlanta this year...cant wait...gonna be my first wrestlemania!! I really do not want to see taker vs sheamus....im sorry but it would be soooo obvious taker would win. I think for taker to have a good match at wrestlemania it needs to be against someone big that people would have doubt that taker will win....great example being shawn michaels! So here are some matches i would like to see

*cm punk vs danielson (think this could be a great match)
    *jericho vs orton (this has not really been done properly)
    *HHH vs mysterio (with HHH as a heel)
    *Goldberg vs edge
    *Cena vs taker (this could be a great feud if booked right...dont wanna see super cena here)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

flahavaj wrote: »
    Taker vs Cena (de facto heel)

Edge vs HHH (heel)

Orton vs CM Punk

Seamus vs Rey

Regal vs Danielson

Jericho (if he's still about) vs Miz

is a card I'd be happy with.

I don't really care what matches are title matches as the belts are worthless these days tbh.

I would pay to see that show. That's a great card.

I'd love to see Taker vs Cena at long last. Imagine if they got really ballsy and decided to pull the trigger on the Cena heel turn during the match as he screws Taker and ends the streak. The internet would explode. He'd be the most hated guy in history the next night on Raw. :D

With regards the speculation about Sheamus, it seemed to me they might be teasing a feud with Kane. They had a backstage altercation not long ago as I recall. Can't say that interests me much.

Imagine if they got really ballsy and decided to pull the trigger on the Cena heel turn during the match as he screws Taker and ends the streak.

Oh i never thought of it that way, turning him heel during the match by screwing Undertaker out of a 19-0 win streak. Now that would be bloody awesome, the crowd would be fit to kill him. It would be worse than Austin joinig Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania 17 and screwing The Rock

Oh i never thought of it that way, turning him heel during the match by screwing Undertaker out of a 19-0 win streak. Now that would be bloody awesome, the crowd would be fit to kill him. It would be worse than Austin joinig Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania 17 and screwing The Rock

Yep, it would be awesome. They need a good Mania next year as the PPV'S including the last Mania have bombed financially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Whoever ends up as GM and/or leader of Nexus will be pretty important at Wrestlemania. I imagine that Vince will be involved somehow in that match too.

If Cena ended the streak I might never watch wrestling again :D

An outside chance that Sting might appear too given where Mania is next year. I can't see Goldberg appearing at all.

I don't get why people are so against Cena ending the streak.

Takers Streak was a bore fest for the most part and and there was rarely any doubt his streak would hold up. It needs to end.

Also Cena would be a great heel for a few months before the "Cool" guys that boo him now, start to cheer him instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

To be honest, I don't think anybody will ever end The Undertaker's streak. Two main reasons are that first of all, he probably wouldn't job at WM anyway, and second reason is that when he is retired, WWE can release a DVD of the entire streak. A DVD named Undertaker 20-0 is going to sell more than Undertaker 19-1.

For me, it just wouldn't be acceptable for Undertaker to lose at any WM, unless it was a retirement match against Kane, whereby Kane 'murdered' Taker, and he is gone forever.

For me, it just wouldn't be acceptable for Undertaker to lose at any WM, unless it was a retirement match against Kane, whereby Kane 'murdered' Taker, and he is gone forever.

NO NO NO!

Kane is terrible and is probably going to retire soon, so it would be a totally pointless to allow the big red retard to end the streak.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    NO NO NO!

Kane is terrible and is probably going to retire soon, so it would be a totally pointless to allow the big red retard to end the streak.

Kane (Glen Jacobs) has said a couple of weeks ago, that there is still plenty of life left in his WWE career and he is having lots of fun with his WHC regin.

Anyway ON TOPIC: I wouldnt want Kane vs. Undertaker again, it's been done twice already, and the last time it only lasted like 2 minutes :eek:. If they were gonna put an end to the streak, it would would most probably be Cena (as i said in an earlier post). Jericho, Orton or HHH or Edge are also outside possibilities. Maybe Rock or Austin ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

To be honest, I don't think anybody will ever end The Undertaker's streak. Two main reasons are that first of all, he probably wouldn't job at WM anyway, and second reason is that when he is retired, WWE can release a DVD of the entire streak. A DVD named Undertaker 20-0 is going to sell more than Undertaker 19-1.

I don't see 'Taker ever losing his streak either, but I think that it should end. It would be absolutely epic to see Cena turn heel during the match and end the streak. As a compromise they could have Cena lose and turn heel with a post-match attack, but that would not have the same impact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement