Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 27 - 2011 ideas etc.......

Options
  • 16-09-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I know way way way too early :o;)

Next year, the 27th annual WrestleMania will take place at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta

Source
    WWE officials are indeed open to turning John Cena heel.Officials realize that they don't have anything that hot right now for WrestleMania 27. The idea of turning Cena heel has been around for years but discussion about it has never gotten far because Vince McMahon always turns it down for business reasons.
    The Miz vs. Cena is being discussed for WrestleMania but if Cena turns heel before then, obviously that match would be off the books.

Am I the only person who don't wanna see The Miz V John Cena at WrestleMania 27 :(

I think Cena V Taker has also been rumoured at some stage and Cena V Rock both would be good imo and Sheamus V Taker is another match being touted and maybe Goldberg might feature in the main event or WrestleMania in some type of match how about against Edge - Spear V Spear :p or Randy Orton Legend Killer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Holy sh*t, the Mania 27 pre-show thread is already up:eek:

Tbh, I can't see them turning Cena heel any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Heel cena could work well only if he is going to do the good thing and turn back as face at the end of the match.
    Alà Hollywood/hulk hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

good god could you imagine if sheamus ended the streak....it would propel him into the stratusphere.......and it would make up for booking him so weak atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Miz is nowhere near ready for the main event based on what we've seen the last few weeks. Everything is off about him at present. His promos are long, drawn out garbage and his in ring skills still leave a lot to be desired. At least Cena's finisher is actually decent as well. The Skull Crushing Finale getting him the 3 count over anyone on the grandest stage of them all would be a disgrace IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Voltwad wrote: »
    Miz is nowhere near ready for the main event based on what we've seen the last few weeks. Everything is off about him at present. His promos are long, drawn out garbage and his in ring skills still leave a lot to be desired. At least Cena's finisher is actually decent as well. The Skull Crushing Finale getting him the 3 count over anyone on the grandest stage of them all would be a disgrace IMO.

Lol, you had me until this!

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Lol, you had me until this!
    Well, half decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Quick someone start a prediction game thread too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They obviously still have big plans for Sheamus, you wouldn't know it from current booking. It's mad that he could well be a three time WWE Champion by then. Less than two years after debuting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

I reckon it could end up being Taker versus Cena instead of Sheamus. Cena and Taker is one of the very few big matches that they haven't done on a PPV yet. They probably did something while Cena was on Smackdown but since he moved to Raw and became the top star I don't think they've done anything substantial between the two. While I'd love Sheamus to be in the Mania main event I think he's a few years away from it at the minute. 2012 maybe but not next year. How many people would realistically buy him as a person that would end Taker's streak? He rarely even gets a clean win on Raw. It wouldn't matter if it was face versus face but if WWE did mind then they could use this as the perfect way to start turning Cena heel. Maybe have it culminating by having him cheat to win at Mania.

chordtype wrote: »
    I reckon it could end up being Taker versus Cena instead of Sheamus. Cena and Taker is one of the very few big matches that they haven't done on a PPV yet. They probably did something while Cena was on Smackdown but since he moved to Raw and became the top star I don't think they've done anything substantial between the two. While I'd love Sheamus to be in the Mania main event I think he's a few years away from it at the minute. 2012 maybe but not next year. How many people would realistically buy him as a person that would end Taker's streak? He rarely even gets a clean win on Raw. It wouldn't matter if it was face versus face but if WWE did mind then they could use this as the perfect way to start turning Cena heel. Maybe have it culminating by having him cheat to win at Mania.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3u5dy_wwe-the-undertaker-vs-john-cena-ven_sport

• Advertisement

Ha I actually have this on DVD.

How many of the current fans though will remember this though? They haven't done it recently enough that it wouldn't feel special.

I actually thought that would have been a perfect time for Cena to go over Undertaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

7 months and counting.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

at least lets get into 2011 first :rolleyes:

Turning cena heel would be the most straightforward option, but the two are so big that cena could simply request the match out of respect.
    Kinda like hbk-taker 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Beautifully said Voltwad.. Jizlington in the Main Event of Wrestlemania = The end of me watching WWE..

Whenever I hear anyone mentioning the Miz I await Walters criticisms :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

CMpunked wrote: »
    Whenever I hear anyone mentioning the Miz I await Walters criticisms :pac:

Its a lot worse on the Podcast :pac:

I also don't think Miz would be ready for a Mania main event just yet. However, to play to play devil's advocate it would be an awesome (sorry) way to get him over as a legitimate top star. The same could be said for quite a few of the guys on the roster.

They are also considering bringing back the Money in the Bank match for Mania this year according to the latest Observer. It ain't adding any real buys to Mania but again it's a good way to get a new guy over.

Its a lot worse on the Podcast :pac:

Oh I know. When your connections not going! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

If you look at the talent that WWE can book at WrestleMania, then the idea of The Miz in a high-profile spot is not that far-fetched. Potential 'Mania card:

Streak v. Super-Cena: The Undertaker v. John Cena
    WWE Title: Triple H v. Edge v. Sheamus
    World Title: Rey Mysterio v. The Miz
    CM Punk v. Randy Orton

Thats a line-up of relatively fresh match-ups. Sheamus could be taken out of the WWE Title match as Edge-HHH has never really been done properly.

In any case they really need to start laying the groundwork for potential 'Mania encounters soon enough. Their best bet to get a good buy-rate is to build anticipation for 3 or 4 top encounters.. they have consistently failed to do this in recent years, with many matches put together as an afterthought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I think we need some ppv thread rules because lately we've - ok, just JP Liz - been digging way too deep into the bag of crazy and speculation to throw up these threads.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    CM Punk v. Randy Orton

Money right here.

Money right here.
    This for the World Title please. Get Mysterio away from that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I'd enjoy Taker v Sheamus alot more than Taker v Cena IMO. Also Cena v Miz appeals to me. Would love for the Miz to go over!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Wow a WM27 thread already, nice!

For me, WM really starts around December time when they have jobbers Royal Rumble qualifying matches on Raw and Smackdown. You know, when Michael Cole insults our intelligence by saying that a Goldust or a William Regal could go on to Wrestlemania by winning this match and taking the first step.

I wonder if the Undertaker/Kane feud will be drawn out until WM I am really liking this feud but I think it has the potential to be drawn out for a maximum 3 more PPV's (throw in the odd HIAC, casket, and street fight).

And what odds could you get for Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio to both win their first World Championships at WM?!

Is there another draft before WM27? If not, then I can't see how they could have so many of these fresh matches as mentioned above, with the exception of the Rumble winner choosing which belt and therefore which brand to fight for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Charisteas wrote: »
    Is there another draft before WM27? If not, then I can't see how they could have so many of these fresh matches as mentioned above, with the exception of the Rumble winner choosing which belt and therefore which brand to fight for.

The brand split more or less gets thrown out the window every year come WrestleMania season. I still think Cena/'Taker is the biggest match they have left and they should do it while Undertaker is in a good enough condition to deliver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Would you have that as a WHC match or no title involved. The problem (for me anyway) with an Undertaker WM match is that you know he ain't gonna lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Charisteas wrote: »
    Would you have that as a WHC match or no title involved. The problem (for me anyway) with an Undertaker WM match is that you know he ain't gonna lose.

A match of that calibre would have to be the main event so I'd make it a title match or maybe even a title vs. title match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have changed the title of this thread as it is FAR too early to have a WM pre show thread. I do not want this forum becoming like the soccer forum where people start threads weeks in advance of a match just so they can say they started a really long thread.

I would be of the view that for PPV pre show threads, within reason, should only be started after the previous one has finished. Of course the exception will be made for WM as the whole "Road To Wrestlemania" thing really kicks off in January, and some of the other bigger PPVs as well like the Rumble and Summerslam and all.

So for now, this thread is being re titled WM27 ideas etc....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement