Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new ESB Online Store ESBstore.ie

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cunninsu

I would purchase the chimney balloon. I never thought such a product existed. For years the draft between chimney's and doors has driven me crazy. You even end up with black dust around the door frame from the chimney sut with the draft going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

i'd buy a dryer so that it'd be easier to dry the contast flow of cleaning clothes that having two kids brings with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

With a €100 voucher I'd get:

I'd be buying the radiator de-aerator because I'm dreadful at using that fiddly key I have at the moment. €9.95

A new lagging jacket for my hot water cyclinder to keep the water hot and my heating bills down. €16.99

Carbon Monoxide Alarm - as I don't have an actual alarm so I'd be much happier with one in the house. €23.99

3 remote control sockets for those hard to reach sockets like behind the TV. €19.95

I'd use the remaining credit to stock up on energy saving lightbulbs for around the house. I'm sure I've missed one or two lights and it would be great to have some on standby as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭orl

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Sangamo%20Programmable%20Immersion%20Time%20Switch%20with%20Boost%20Control/1159/100

My immersion timer is only after breaking down and I forgot to switch the immersion off! Dreading my esb bill. definitely would buy this.

I would spend the rest on cfl bulbs as one of the most annoying things is when i run out of bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gills2

It would have to be the Sangamo Boost Immersion Time Switch and a set of remote control sockets - 2 teenagers, countless gadgets and an immersion heater lead to very scary bills:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 JD623

I'd get the Armaflex Frost and Heat Insulation Kit as the house can get quite drafty during the winter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I would buy one of those devices that turns the immersion off 30mins after your teenage child has put it on for their third shower of the day, you know the one?
    It's great, it also has an attachment that detects body heat and carbon dioxide production levels in bedrooms, and if they fall below a certain level, the ipod dock, Play station, DVD player, TV, PC, phone charger, and lights are all switched off automatically.
    Although mind you, I might wait for the new version, which emits an alarm if the stink of wet towels, socks, and take-away leftovers in the bedroom rise to near-lethal levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I'd buy a rake of the Airless Automatic De-Aerator for Radiators and a few Chimney Balloons to keep the auld ones warm in winter :D !

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

I'd buy the carbon monoxide detector because you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CandyApple2010

If I could get anything from your store I would go with the Philips Living Colours LED Light!! This looks very cool and would totally be great in my living room area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 neadycodd

I would start by replacing all my shower heads with the Mira Anti-Lime Scale Shower Heads - it would save me having to keep a needle close by the shower to stop the holes getting clogged up!!

Darn you limescale! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tony10

Hi, i'd defo buy the
    X-mini Max II Rechargeable Speakers for Laptops etc cause i'm a new student in digital media and this would come in very useful for my projects as i need to integrate sound with pix.game on.
    tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rebelle

If I was lucky enough to win I would get these wonderful rechargeable speakers and I would love the rechargeable candle lights, and then with what is left over I would get the Remote Control Sockets.

Image_placeholder.gifImage_placeholder.gifImage_placeholder.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

I would definitely buy the energy saving lights as the price of them always put me off but this could be just the offer i was waiting on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'd buy the Philips Imageo Rechargeable Tea Lights....
    I 'switched' a while back and am very unhappy with my new 'service' - it's the worst customer service I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

So I'm eager to switch back to esb...and i just love candles and have spent a fortune over the years on tealights..These rechargeable tealights would save me enough to clear my mortgage arrears;)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

I would buy bags of coal and give them to the poor unfortunates who cant afford to pay their bill and have had their electricity cut off..:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

I'd like to buy the Solar Centre EVO 56 Solar Security Light because I think that having regular lights on outside at night is a waste of electricity. Sensor lights are the way to go in regard to outdoor lighting. In addition these ones are solar powered so they won't use any ESB at all.

First ever posting on boards btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭carolireland

I would buy the immersion element and immersion time switch booster.
    My immersion is not working correctly. The new element would solve this problem while the time switch would help prevent the immersion being left on by my teenage family and wasting electricity. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

The chimney balloon:
    • It would stop the draughts during the 11 out of 12 months that I don't light a fire.
    • It would stop the heat going up the chimney.
    • It would stop soot falling down on top of the candles that I've placed in the fireplace.
    • I'd be able to install it myself (and I'm thick).
    • It would improve the BER rating on my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

If I win the prize it would have to be the Fire Angel carbon monoxide and smoke alarm. You cannot have enough smoke alarms. One in every room apart from the kitchen. Good luck to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

Hi,
    Does anybody know the closing date for this competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

First choice would be a Sangamo Programmable Immersion Time Switch with Boost Control. This would be really useful as our heating system doesn't have a 'hot water only' function.

I'd also get a 7"-9" Round Chimney Balloon to keep out the drafts when we're not using the open fire.

Finally I'd add €4.20 to my voucher and get an Attic Door Insulation Kit for the kid's bedroom.

All I need now is the voucher to get started with my buying spree on www.esbstore.ie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Would definitely get the Solar Centre EVO 56 Solar Security Light, I paid €70 for a similar one 2 years ago and it only has 3 LED's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 MSmum

I would buy the Fire Angel Carbon Monoxide Alarm and the Fire Angel Optical Smoke Alarm to protect my 3 wonderful babies, with having 3 babies these alarms would be great peace of mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi,
    Does anybody know the closing date for this competition?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your entries. We are delighted with the response to the competition so far.

The competion will close at 5pm today, Monday 20th September, so if you haven't posted your entry yet, get posting!

The 5 winners will be picked at random, in the same way that the winner was choosen for the Electric Picnic competion we ran last month here.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 48 -Dugg!e-

I would buy some Airless Automatic De-Aerator for Radiators because my rads always seem to fill with air during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Everyone,

The winners have been drawn - ***drum roll*** - and they are as follows:

Post #68: ger vallely
    Post #16: xebec
    Post #81: wmpdd3
    Post #100: center15
    Post #28: tommy21

Congratulations, and thanks to all who entered! :)

The winners were picked on Random.org, and will receive their voucher codes via PM shortly. For those who didn't win and are still coveting certain ESBstore products... well, we hope you buy them anyway. ;)

Thanks again,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭carolireland

Thanks for organising the competition and congratulations to the winners.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gills2

congratulations to the winners and thanks for the competition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks again to everyone who entered.

Below are the winning posts, and we'd love to hear how these products work out for you. It sounds like there will be a lot of spooked deers in Phoenix Park, once xebec gets the LED LENSER jogger light! :D

Ger Vallely
    I would have to buy the Mira Anti Limscale Shower Head. We bought our first home 4 years ago and are on our 3rd shower due to unbelievable limescale. It's costing us a small(unexpected) fortune.This sounds like it might be a solution to our problem. Also the First Alert smoke alarm with escape light-just sounds like a very good product to have in the home!

xebec
    LED LENSER jogger light for me...

LedLenserJoggin%20H5.jpg

The dark evenings are approaching and I'd like to let the deer in the Phoenix Park know I'm coming before the scare the living daylights out of me by suddenly appearing two feet away!!

wmpdd3
    I would buy everything in the safe home section especially the Fire Angel Carbon Monoxide Alarm and Fire Angel fire alarms.

We are due our 1st baby in 2 weeks time and we spent the last 15 years partying instead of investing in home safety!

I would also buy the new 15 halogen candle bulbs for the 3 chandeliers we inherited!

center15
    Powertraveller Powergorilla definitely! Great for travelling

tommy21
    If I had the money, I would do so many things. We live in a three-storey house that is over 100 years old, and is a nightmare to run in terms of utilities. We have done what we can in terms of replacing inefficient light bulbs with the more efficient types, simple steps like turning the thermostat down and lagging the tank, and even purchasing solar lamps for the garden rather than using the two standard lights we have outside.

My next step would be to purchase the chimney balloon, which is another relatively inexpensive measure to prevent heat escaping and draughts invading.

Once I win the lotto, I would then replace our ancient windows and install timers on all radiators in the house!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement