Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new ESB Online Store ESBstore.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

A no brainer really. I'd buy the Sangamo Programmable Immersion Time Switch with Boost Control.

I'm always forgetting to turn my manual switch off. Set it and forget it. Save cash, stay toasty.

Love it. :D

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Sangamo%20Programmable%20Immersion%20Time%20Switch%20with%20Boost%20Control/1159/100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Ohh i would buy some Solar Centre Solar Lamps for my garden. Just got the garden done up and this exactly what we need.
    http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Solar%20Centre%20Solar%20Landscape%20Spot%20Lights%20Set%20of%202/1215/500

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I would buy some Energy Saving bulbs first of all. Our current bill is through the roof, and on top of that, we get at least 1 bulb blowout a month. It's horrible :(

I'd also buy a monoxide alarm as well as a new smoke alarm, as we don't have a monoxide alarm, and our smoke alarm is worse for wear.

And finally I'd buy a set of solar lights, to spruce up the appearance of the place a bit :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

I would buy the Solar Centre EVO 56 Solar Security Light so I can play ball out my back garden on the dark winter nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mocmo

I'd have to go for the radiator panel and the programmable immersion timeswitch....I am tired of heating the walls not the room and an immersion timer would banish the regular 'did I leave the immersion on again' panics!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'd buy energy saving lightbulbs the apartment I live in. The downside of living in a (somewhat) modern apartment is that the builders seemed happy to put halogen lights all over the place. I don't think thats very efficient so I think it'd be great to replace the bulbs with energy saving versions. I've already changed one of two regular bulbs but it gets expensive so that's kind of a turn off.

If there was anything left over I'd buy the little wind-up radio. It'd be handy for the kitchen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

I’d buy some Thermostatic Radiator Valve Packs, so I could adjust the temperature of my central heating in each room according to what rooms are mostly used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

If I were to win the 100 euro voucher without any hesitation I would buy 4 chimney baloons.

Myself and my wife live in an corporation built house from the 1940's which we moved into at the end of 2009.

There are 4 fireplaces (one in each room).

Smoke from the next door neighbours fire occasionally even comes out into our house via one of the fireplaces

we can't use the fireplaces in our house because of this problem - however this doesn't stop heat from escaping up the chimney!

We are expecting our first born at the end of the month and I want junior to come into a warm smoke free house.

regards,
    Gollem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Solar lighting for the garden to see just what the dogs are getting up to at night, good luck with the website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

If I won I would buy the following;

Heatkeeper Radiator Panels because while our radiators work they have never been all that efficient. I think these would help.

Automatic De-Aerators for Radiators because said radiators often develop heat sapping air bubbles which gurgle away through the system. Any bleed keys I have bought over the years break after a few twists so these automatic ones would be 'bleedin' great.

Lastly, I would but a Chimney Baloon. Now that I know these exist we could get rid of the bundle of towels that currently live up our chimney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Just moved into a new rented house, so first things first, replace all the light bulbs with CFLs, and after that to treat myself I'd buy the Philips Imageo Rechargable Tea Lights. I'm a huge fan of candles and would to have them lighting from sunset every night, but with a 3yr old and a new kitten we just can't do it for obvious safety reasons :(

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

I would buy the Solar Centre EVO 56 Solar Security Light. I live in the countryside and it is so dark at the side of the house. Could really use a good light out there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Wind up solar radio looks class. Never suffer from low battery angst again!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I'd have to buy a fire angel carbon monoxide monitor.

co-9xt.jpg

Unfortunately I cannot afford to keep my family and friends safe with one in this current economic climate, and it kills me a little inside.

Also, this fireblanket:

FB100Duk%20FIrstAlertFireBlanket.jpg

For similar reasons.

And finally I'd buy some energy saving lightbulbs, because mother earth's health, is second only to to my family's in my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

If I won I'd get my hands on one of those Powertravellers as my phone loves running out of battery on me :rolleyes:

16300%20PowerMonkey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'd buy this:
    Philips Living Colours LED Light

And find some way to set it up so that it shone through the fishtank. Giving the room both a cool lighting colour and also as diffuseness and shimmer through the tank. It would also make the tank itself look pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

First thing I would buy is a Fire Angel Carbon Monoxide Alarm, something I have been meaning to buy for a long time and just money wise cannot afford it at present.

As we live in an esate with quiet small back gardens, only about 8ft wide.. Both neighbours have invested in back garden bright lights. I feel a bit like we maybe a target for a break in as we are in pitch black in comparsion to the neighbours.
    So for piece of mind I would invest in a Solar Centre Solar Garden Spotlight.

Thanks ESB!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'd like one of those Gelert Wind Up and Solar Power Radios, pretty neat good price too actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭simo28

I'd go with Osram Classic 10W CFL.
    Great value with 15euro off.
    Plus they're classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

First off i would get the Powermonkey solar charger for the mobile as I have quite the reputation amongst friends and family for constantly having a dead phone especially as proven at Electric Picnic the other week! So hopefully any future possible meet up with friends or updates from the family won't be missed as frequently by my good self!

With the remainder it would have to be the Sangamo Programmable Timed Immersion switch as it might help myself and the flatmates leaving the immersion on the whole time thus wasting energy and money once the bill comes around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i think id buy the Flash Wireless Room Thermostat with Control Dial,its hard to get house at right temp with some rads having dials,some not etc so think this wld make it alot easier to control the temp as at mo its either freezing or roasting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 venus11

I would buy a Solar Centre EVO 56 Solar Security Light

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

The first thing I would buy is the room thermostat, because the one on my boiler is ancient and I can't afford to replace it at the moment, this would help me a great lot as the rooms in my house are always at different temperatures, the kitchen gets cold, the living area roasted. You just can't win.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Heading back to college next week so the X-mini max rechargeable speaker set would be very handy for my bed room and for parties as my laptop speakers are rubbish.

And with the leftover change I'd buy a heap of energy saving light bulbs cause my housemate is notorious for leaving the light on.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Image_placeholder.gif

Philips Imageo Rechargeable Tea Lights (6 Pack)

Hiya,

These tea lights are the coolest thing i've ever seen and would be my first buy! You don't even have to switch them on - perfect for a bbq in the garden. Even the weather won't stop them - water resistant. Operate for 20 hours. Need i say more, these are just perfect - i want them!! Please please pick me

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bambi2

I would love love love the Philips Living Colours LED Light - we've just moved into our first home together and I think it would definitely help with the oncoming winter blues!!!:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

It would have to be the Solar Fairy Lights. I've been trying to trap a fairy for years. Maybe these lights will attract them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stiofandebrun

I would buy smoke alarms for all over my house as fire safety is so important as so many people die from smoke inhalation every year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would buy the candle tea lights because they are pretty and if a child knocks them the house won't burn to the ground! and a carbon monoxide alarm because I need another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Definitely the Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights - if I didn't manage to light up her life, these might... ;)

And as they're rechargeable, they'd do it again and again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement