Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They never fought because your god doesn't exist. Seriously. It's not a difficult concept.
    J C wrote: »
    Yes, Dagon wants to be God ... but he is just a fallen angel.

You clearly know nothing about the Order. Why make make claims about it that are completely untrue? That's lying, J C. You're a liar, and you know it. The question is, why would you choose to keep lying, knowing full well what it is you're doing? Did your priest pay you off? Are you just too scared to admit the truth? It's really not so bad once you man up and face it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

seriously guys, you gotta kill this thread. it's farcical.
    Why are you serious about something you claim to be farcical?

... and what kind of 'magic' are you into?

Sarky wrote: »
    They never fought because your god doesn't exist. Seriously. It's not a difficult concept.

You clearly know nothing about the Order. Why make make claims about it that are completely untrue? That's lying, J C. You're a liar, and you know it. The question is, why would you choose to keep lying, knowing full well what it is you're doing? Did your priest pay you off? Are you just too scared to admit the truth? It's really not so bad once you man up and face it.
    How many Oaths have you taken ?

You can still be Saved ... but please don't mess around with Dagon ... he can destroy you ... unless you are Saved.

You are only bound by these oaths to Dagon ... when you remain unsaved ... every Christian has the power to bind and loose ... and they can bind Dagon ... and loose you from your oaths to him ... if you ask them to do so.
    ... and you can do this yourself ... if you get Saved.

But I already AM Saved. By something far more real. And, incidentally, more honest. Anything you say just galvanises me further against your lies. You drive me further and further away from your god with your disingenuous rants. How does that feel, to have made sure a soul can never be part of your faith? In the eyes of your religion, you have damned me.

But I already AM Saved. By something far more real. And, incidentally, more honest. Anything you say just galvanises me further against your lies. You drive me further and further away from your god with your disingenuous rants. How does that feel, to have made sure a soul can never be part of your faith? In the eyes of your religion, you have damned me.
    You clearly have taken many Oaths ... but right up until you die, you can turn your back on Dagon ... and be Saved.

Jesus can only save you if you freely ask to be Saved ...

... and I haven't damned you ... you are damning yourself by refusing Salvation.

• Advertisement

Go ahead, believe that lie if it makes you feel better. If you can swallow something as ridiculous as "Jesus loves you", or believe that nowhere in this MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE of a thread that nobody has posted any evidence supporting evolution, then you'll have no problems at all thinking you had nothing to do with me turning my back on your god. Clear conscience all the way, am I right?

Go ahead, believe that lie if it makes you feel better. If you can swallow something as ridiculous as "Jesus loves you" then you'll have no problems at all thinking you had nothing to do with me turning my back on your god. Clear conscience all the way, am I right?
    You had turned your back on God, long before you met me ... and I am asking you to freely change your mind ... and be Saved.

Jesus Christ really does love you ... and He died to make perfect atonement for your sins.

... and all you need to clear your conscience and be forgiven of all your sins ... is to be Saved by the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Why Jesus' blood though?

Why not Horus? More or less the same life story as Jesus, just much longer before Jesus...

Why Jesus' blood though?

Why not Horus? More or less the same life story as Jesus, just much longer before Jesus...
    Horus was an Egyptian myth ... Jesus Christ is a real person who really lives ... and really died ... to Save us.

But how do you know he really lived and Horus didn't?

• Advertisement

But how do you know he really lived and Horus didn't?
    The Egyptian accounts of Horus clearly depict him as a myth ... but the Biblical account of Jesus Christ presents his life story as a fact.
    ... and I personally know that He lives.

"This Is Spinal Tap" presents the life of the band "Spinal Tap" as fact.

But... But they're real! I have all their songs, how could they be a lie!

"This Is Spinal Tap" presents the life of the band by the same name as fact.
    ... and your point is????

Also what makes the "myth" of Horus different from the "fact" of Jesus.

Also, I personally know he doesn't live...soooo, where does that leave us? Stalemate?

Also what makes the "myth" of Horus different from the "fact" of Jesus.
    The difference is that Horus is a myth ... and the existence of Jesus is a fact!!!!
    Also, I personally know he doesn't live...soooo, where does that leave us? Stalemate?
    That's because you haven't met Him yet ... because you aren't Saved.

... and that leaves you unsaved ... and me Saved

... and your point is????
    wiki wrote:

This Is Spinal Tap...is an American 1984 rock musical mockumentary directed by Rob Reiner about the fictional heavy metal band Spinal Tap. The film satirizes the wild personal behavior and musical pretensions of hard rock and heavy metal musical bands, as well as the hagiographic tendencies of rock documentaries of the time.

Things can be presented as fact when in fact they are not...

The difference is that Horus is a myth ... and the existence of Jesus is a fact!!!!

But how is the existence of Jesus a fact?

Things can be presented as fact when in fact they are not...
    ... but it is a fact that Spinal Tap is a fictional band.

But how is the existence of Jesus a fact?
    We have written accounts of the life of Jesus Christ as handed down directly from people who knew Him personally while he was on Earth.
    The Egyptian accounts of Horus don't claim that he really existed ... the accounts are clearly written as myth.

• Advertisement

But the fact that Spinal Tap is fictional is outside the primary source of their lifes which is the documentary. So how do we know that the "fact" it is fictional is in fact a myth and that the "myth" they were fake is really, well fact?

Ya we have written accounts but that still doesn't make it a fact...

But the fact that Spinal Tap is fictional is outside the primary source of their lifes which is the documentary. So how do we know that the "fact" it is fictional is in fact a myth and that the "myth" they were fake is really, well fact?

Ya we have written accounts but that still doesn't make it a fact...
    ... but we know that Spinal Tap is a fictional band ... fact.
    ... and we know that Horus was a mythical Egyptian deity ... fact.

... and we know that Jesus died and rose again ... and has gone before us to prepare a place in Heaven for everyone who believes on Him ... fact.

But how do we know that Jesus died and rose again?

But how do we know that Jesus died and rose again?
    We have direct accounts from eyewitnesses.

Firsthand accounts? Written by said eye witnesses?

Firsthand accounts? Written by said eye witnesses?
    Yes.

http://www.facingthechallenge.org/gospels.php

How do we know what they wrote was 100% true to what happened? Also, that website doesn't cite any sources apart from one which was about Luke, could you provide something a bit better? That link hasn't showed my anything TBH...

How do we know what they wrote was 100% true to what happened? Also, that website doesn't cite any sources apart from one which was about Luke, could you provide something a bit better? That link hasn't showed my anything TBH...
    Here is another link
    http://thriceholy.net/author.html

Ah that looks a bit better, shall have a read of it. Could you also answer the first question I ask? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

"This is Spinal Tap" has nothing but first-hand accounts of the band given by eye-witnesses...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement