Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

J C wrote: »
    My threshold for my belief is the omnipotent Word of the omniscient Creator God of the Universe ... and my threshold for my science is that it be based on logically coherent hypotheses that have evidential support in the physical world!!!
    you realise that you ignoring evolution in favour of your creation myth is at odds with your alleged threshold for science.
    Death and disease are facts of life ... how they arose in the first place, is a matter of faith.
    something is born, it dies. Or are you now claiming that people were immortal at one point?
    Equally, the creation of the universe and all life by an omnipotent transcendent Creator is also an obvious fact ... who that Creator was, is also a matter of faith.:)

Good to see you now realise it's a matter of faith and not evidence.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Sarky wrote: »
    Lies created by men. Men who saw the naked, whole truth and were afraid, and created a host of warm, protecting lies for the weak-willed and naïve to hide behind. One way or another, you will see the truth. Whether it be now, in the embrace of Father Dagon, or when the stars are right, as you claw the eyes from your face, renouncing- too late- your whole life as a sham, is entirely up to you.
    Like I have said some will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, in this life ... and be Saved.

Others will wait until the next life to bend the knee ... and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord ... but it will then be too late to be Saved ... and they will be granted their wish to be in the 'embrace of Dagon' ... for eternity!!!!:eek:

... your turn of phrase 'as you claw your eyes from your face' implies that people will intentionally blind themselves in their attempt to follow Dagon.

... Jesus Christ gives sight to the blind ... and sets the downtrodden free !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

JC, can you supply a single example of how creationist science has contributed anything to medicine?
    Yes or no?

Amazing how a simple yes or no question is giving so much trouble.

King Mob wrote: »
    JC, can you supply a single example of how creationist science has contributed anything to medicine?
    Yes or no?

Amazing how a simple yes or no question is giving so much trouble.
    I have made it clear that I believe that a surgeon's worldview has little effect on the quality of the operations that a Consultant Surgeon, with either the Creation or Evolution worldview, performs.

Ye are the guys claiming that the Evolutionist worldview somehow makes Evolutionists better doctors ... and so far ye haven't provided any evidence for this contention.

I have made it clear that I believe that a surgeon's worldview has little effect on the quality of the operations that a Consultant Surgeon, with either the Creation or Evolution worldview, performs.

Ye are the guys claiming that the Evolutionist worldview somehow makes Evolutionists better doctors ... and so far ye haven't provided any evidence for this contention.
    But that isn't a response to the question.

Can you supply a single example of how creationist science has contributed anything to medicine?
    Yes or no?

• Advertisement

koth wrote: »
    Good to see you now realise it's a matter of faith and not evidence.
    Yes ... the physical evidence is there for the creation of the universe and all life by an omnipotent transcendent Creator ... who that Creator was, is indeed a matter of faith

who said this?

But that isn't a response to the question.

Can you supply a single example of how creationist science has contributed anything to medicine?
    Yes or no?
    I am not claiming that being a Creationist especially endows one with the gift of being a great doctor ... although the sheer logic of the Creationist Position may indeed help.

However, ye are the guys claiming that Evolution does help make Evolutionists better doctors ... and I have asked why ye believe this to be the case ... and so far the answers forthcoming have been non-existent.

Yes ... the physical evidence is there for the creation of the universe and all life by an omnipotent transcendent Creator ... who that Creator was, is indeed a matter of faith

so when are you going to post some of this so called evidence that exists?

I am not claiming that being a Creationist especially endows one with the gift of being a great doctor ... although the sheer logic of the Creationist position may help.

So is that a yes or a no response to the question I asked?

Yes or no?

• Advertisement

who said this?
    OK ... so do you accept that both Creationists and Evolutionists make equally good doctors ... and their worldviews have little proctical effects on the quality of their medical practice?

OK ... so do you accept that both Creationists and Evolutionists make equally good doctors ... and their worldviews have little proctical effects on the quality of their medical practice?

of course. I've never said that religious people can't be good doctors.

So, who has said that wasn't the case?

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

koth
    of course. I've never said that religious people can't be good doctors.

So, who has said that wasn't the case?
    You for one ... here for example:-
    so you'd be treated by creationist treatments, i.e. prayers?

or do you want the medicine that resulted from the understandings we currently have of evolution?
    Glad we have cleared that one up!!!!

You for one ... here for example:-
    once again with the word twisting. I was responding to idea of being treated with medicine that is a result of creationism. I'm not aware of any such medicine so i presumed you meant prayer.

That was not a comment about religious doctors. So you're lying/misrepresenting what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

... your turn of phrase 'as you claw your eyes from your face' implies that people will intentionally blind themselves in their attempt to follow Dagon.

... Jesus Christ gives sight to the (spiritually) blind ... and sets the (spiritually) downtrodden free !!!

Reading only what you want to see? I'm not surprised. You really are desperate to hang onto your beliefs, so you can do nothing else. Indeed, you haven't done anything else since you first came here. I assure you the end of days will be much, much worse than anything your little bible claims. Its authors deliberately made it so.

The Order does not ask for the disgusting mutilation you propose. You are quite disgusting and perverse to even suggest it. Nevertheless, I imagine it will be an appropriate response on the last day, when those who have not taken the Oaths witness first-hand the complete annihilation of all they believed in and held dear. Father Dagon loves His children. He does NOT love those who scorn him. You'll see that soon enough, if you remain as stubborn and unenlightned as you are.

I'm offering you a chance to avoid a fate worse than anything written in your scripture. Join us. Ia Dagon!

Reading only what you want to see? I'm not surprised. You really are desperate to hang onto your beliefs, so you can do nothing else. Indeed, you haven't done anything else since you first came here. I assure you the end of days will be much, much worse than anything your little bible claims. Its authors deliberately made it so.

The Order does not ask for the disgusting mutilation you propose. You are quite disgusting and perverse to even suggest it. Nevertheless, I imagine it will be an appropriate response on the last day, when those who have not taken the Oaths witness first-hand the complete annihilation of all they believed in and held dear. Father Dagon loves His children. He does NOT love those who scorn him. You'll see that soon enough, if you remain as stubborn and unenlightned as you are.

I'm offering you a chance to avoid a fate worse than anything written in your scripture. Join us. Ia Dagon!
    ... and I'm offering you the opportunity to be Saved !!!

I know that terrible times will befall this planet as the Anti-Christ arises ... but God will Save all who call on Him for mercy.

God the Father loves ALL sinners ... including yourself and myself.

Isn't it true that Dagon has already fought a war of rebellion against the Triune God (whom he calls the Elder Gods) ... and lost?
    ... so why do you expect that Dagon can now win anything?

... and do you accept that Christians are protected against Dagon by the sign of the Triune God whom they follow?

Isn't it true that Dagon has already fought a war of rebellion against the Triune God (whom he calls the Elder Gods) ... and lost?
    ... so why do you expect that Dagon can now win anything?

More lies, from you. I'm not surprised. Nobody is.

The Dagon you're thinking of is one mentioned in your book of lies. Of course the human authors would try and create a god capable of overthrowing Father Dagon. They were terrified of His power and His purpose. And hence we have all this nonsense of "father, son and holy spirit".

Still you refuse to see the truth. You will regret your foolishness when the stars are right. But it will be too late by then.

The Dagon you're thinking of is one mentioned in your book of lies. Of course the human authors would try and create a god capable of overthrowing Father Dagon. They were terrified of His power and His purpose. And hence we have all this nonsense of "father, son and holy spirit".

Still you refuse to see the truth. You will regret your foolishness when the stars are right. But it will be too late by then.
    Unsaved Humans should indeed fear Dagon's purpose ... but the Saved need not have any fear.

... and isn't it true that Dagon has already fought a war of rebellion against the Triune God (whom he calls the Elder Gods) ... and lost?

... and isn't it true that Dagon and his followers are currently banished from Heaven ... and under the power and surveillance of the Triune God?

Was reading the whole thing too much for you?

Still, you haven't butchered science with lies and misrepresentation for nearly a whole page now. Truly, the works of Father Dagon are miraculous to behold. Ia!

Was reading the whole thing too much for you?
    I read it all ...

... but you didn't answer my questions:-

... isn't it true that Dagon has already fought a war of rebellion against the Triune God (whom he calls the Elder Gods) ... and lost?

... and isn't it true that Dagon and his followers are currently banished from Heaven ... and under the power and surveillance of the Triune God?

... so therefore Dagon cannot do anything to the Saved ... as God has ultimate power over him and won't allow him?

• Advertisement

I did answer your questions. Try reading it again. It's only 4 lines and it's not like the answer is hiding.

Jc, still waiting for a yes or a no.

Is that too hard for you?

I did answer your questions. Try reading it again. It's only 4 lines and it's not like the answer is hiding.
    You didn't answer my questions ... which were about what YOU believe ... and not about what the Holy Bible says has happened.

... so do YOU accept that it is true that Dagon has already fought a war of rebellion against the Triune God (whom he calls the Elder Gods) ... and lost?

... and do YOU accept it is true that Dagon and his followers are currently banished from Heaven ... and under the power and surveillance of the Triune God?

Jc, still waiting for a yes or a no.

Is that too hard for you?
    I have clearly stated that the worldview of Evolutionists or Creationists has no effect on their abilities as doctors ... so no is the answer!!

I have clearly stated that the worldview of Evolutionists or Creationists has no effect on their abilities as doctors ... so no is the answer!!

That wasn't the question! The question is simple:

Has creation science contributed anything to medicinal science? It's not about individual doctors or their beliefs. It's about contributions to medicine from creation science.

And how can you not understand that evolutionary theory plays huge roles in modern medicine?

Again, you managed to somehow miss half the content of a 4-line post, J C.

All your claims are rubbish, because your bible is false. Yes, your bible. Not a single word of truth in there. It is a collection of desperate lies written by terrified men who could not face the glory of Father Dagon. Your whole life is based on falsehoods. What you believe has no bearing on the truth. When the stars are right, you'll see. One way or another, you will see.

I don't judge you for believing the lies. They are comforting things, promising you a life of paradise after death. But it is simply not true. You know this, deep in your soul. You deny it out of fear. Fear of the truth. I do not fear the end. I have Father Dagon. You have nothing.

Wow and it only took you 6 times to get a straight answer.
    I think it's progress.

So now another yes or no question so you don't get confused.
    Can you point to a single example of any advance or practical application of any field of science based on creationism?
    Yes or no?

gvn wrote: »
    That wasn't the question! The question is simple:

Has creation science contributed anything to medicinal science? It's not about individual doctors or their beliefs. It's about contributions to medicine from creation science.
    I have already answered that question ... but I guess repetition of the truth is good.
    The starting point for all research is the Creationist Principle that we can understand life and the physical world by applying our God-given logical mind to examining the ordered effects of God's logical ordered mind ... as found throughout all of creation.
    It's the Evolutionists who have a philosophical problem here ... as they believe that their minds are the results of undirected chemical reactions and a whole series of mistakes within a Universe that was made by a huge disordered explosion AKA The Big Bang!!! We would not expect any predictability or order in such a scenario ... nor could we trust any mind produced by such processes to be either logical or coherent ... a computer to which a sledge-hammer has been applied ... comes to mind!!!

gvn wrote: »
    And how can you not understand that evolutionary theory plays huge roles in modern medicine?
    I have asked for examples ... and was provided with an example of NS selecting within a Kind ... which is pure Creation Science ... and nothing to do with Pondkind to Mankind Evolution.

... so do you have any examples that you can share ?

Again, you managed to somehow miss half the content of a 4-line post, J C.

All your claims are rubbish, because your bible is false. Yes, your bible. Not a single word of truth in there. It is a collection of desperate lies written by terrified men who could not face the glory of Father Dagon. Your whole life is based on falsehoods. What you believe has no bearing on the truth. When the stars are right, you'll see. One way or another, you will see.

I don't judge you for believing the lies. They are comforting things, promising you a life of paradise after death. But it is simply not true. You know this, deep in your soul. You deny it out of fear. Fear of the truth. I do not fear the end. I have Father Dagon. You have nothing.
    ... and you have managed to not answer two simple questions about YOUR beliefs ...

... do YOU accept that it is true that Dagon has already fought a war of rebellion against the Triune God (whom he calls the Elder Gods) ... and lost?

... and do YOU accept it is true that Dagon and his spirits, (whom he calls the Great Old Ones), are currently banished from Heaven ... and under the power and surveillance of the Triune God?

... and I'll add a third question ... what has Dagon promised you, if anything, for joining with him against God?

... I'll bet that he never speaks of his love for you, like the Holy Spirit speaks of His love for me.

• Advertisement

I have answered your questions.

You just don't like the answers because they establish your bible as a pack of falsehoods.

Also you really should know better than to read August Derleth's version of events.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement