Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn a Qu'ran day

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

well, i did say the video was intended for cognitive brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

German View of Islam
    This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is said to be Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.

A German's View on Islam
    A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. 'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.
    The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.
    The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda , which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?
    History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points:
    Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.
    Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany , they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late. As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts--the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

I (old_aussie) say "let the burning begin"!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

For those of you with a cognitive and resourceful brain, I recommend you watch the following video and listen carefully to what is said.

Now I understand concerns from all people, but consider watching this short interview and make a judgement afterwards.

I'm convinced (not blindly) that any attack upon Iran would be catastrophic for the global economy.

I'll quote Brzezinski "Why should we act like crazies?"

Indeed, haven't "we" acted crazy enough already?
    Excellent video, thanks for that pablo_escobar. It's refreshing to hear such forthrightness from someone in his position.
    old_aussie wrote: »
    The problem with that is by burning the book you target all people of the Islamic faith, not just the radicals. That would be like, to use the letter you used as an example, killing the entire Japanese in order to stop their actions during WWII.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Reminiscent of the "German View" of Judaism in the 30s and 40s wouldnt you say?

Sad that the hated becomes the hater IMO:
    German View of Islam Jewish-Canadian racists view of Islam

This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is said to be Dr. Emanuel Tanya, Firstly it is Dr Tanay, but that mistake seems to be parroted amongst the extremist anti-Islamic blogs, so I assume that this is where you got it from. Secondly it was written by a Jewish-Candadian called Paul E. Marek http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_E._Marek

a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.
    An altogether unknown blogger. !

And then do we go on a lynching of blacks?

meglome wrote: »
    One the biggest media groups in the US and one of the most right wing is Fox. Fox is owned by a Christian Aussie. Are Jewish owned media outlets calling for a war on Iran? Otherwise why bring up any reference to Jews?

You've just pointed out the actual difference between a Jewish conspiracy and a Zionist conspiracy. Now that you are aware, remember this the next time you accuse me or anyone else of "making 'Joo' threads" when the threads are about Zionism. It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with politics.

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »

Also, that situation in the Middle East will never result in Judgment Day. There have been numerous conflicts directly involving Israel since it's foundation and in each case they kicked the **** out of the coalition of Arab states who opposed them. If it was to happen again then the outcome would be the same and the rest of us would get on with the rest of our lives, albeit with a higher cost of oil for awhile.

Your first point is very short-sighted. Israel only survives as the criminal state that it operates as solely because of US support. If Israel continues to act like Nazi Germany, war mongering, ethnically cleansing, killing peace activists, killing children ,building settlements, imprisoning a whole people etc eventually, despite the Lobby, the media, education systems, think-tanks, crooked politicians best efforts - eventually US popular opinion will turn against Israel.

Then we are left with Plan B: the Samson option.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_option

Your second point is typical of the self-indulgent, heartless and soulless comment that really makes me sick. Innocents routinely murdered and your only concern is the price of oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Your first point is very short-sighted. Israel only survives as the criminal state that it operates as solely because of US support. If Israel continues to act like Nazi Germany, war mongering, ethnically cleansing, killing peace activists, killing children ,building settlements, imprisoning a whole people etc eventually, despite the Lobby, the media, education systems, think-tanks, crooked politicians best efforts - eventually US popular opinion will turn against Israel.

Then we are left with Plan B: the Samson option.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_option

Who realisitcally has the power to destroy Israel, other than the superpowers, who currently have no motive to destroy them?

Who realisitcally has the power to destroy Israel, other than the superpowers, who currently have no motive to destroy them?

Unarmed peace activists?

Look at the might of the Israeli army. Sent to murder unarmed civilians, and he ends up crying.

20100606001r.jpg]

Nobody has real motive or the right destroy anyone. Israel is a rogue state who commits flagrant abuses of International and humanitarian law and many war crimes against civilians. Israel has illegaly nuclear weaponised themselves, even illicitly tried to sell some to their fellow racists in apartheid South Africa.

If there is anyone who needs to be brought into line, especially in terms of foriegn policy it is Israel. Why is there no motive? Because they are white?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Nobody has real motive or the right destroy anyone. Israel is a rogue state who commits flagrant abuses of International and humanitarian law and many war crimes against civilians. Israel has illegaly nuclear weaponised themselves, even illicitly tried to sell some to their fellow racists in apartheid South Africa.

If there is anyone who needs to be brought into line, especially in terms of foriegn policy it is Israel. Why is there no motive? Because they are white?

Dunno what being white has to do with, nothing about race I dont think :confused:

Israel is one of Americas most reliable allies for a start, that might help explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

German View of Islam
    This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is said to be Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.

A German's View on Islam
    A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. 'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.
    The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.
    The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda , which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?
    History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points:
    Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.
    Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany , they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late. As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts--the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

That's a copy and paste from an email that got circulated after the fuss over the islamic centre in down town manhattan isn't it?
    Paranoia is patriotic! Orwell would love this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

For those of you with a cognitive and resourceful brain, I recommend you watch the following video and listen carefully to what is said.

Now I understand concerns from all people, but consider watching this short interview and make a judgement afterwards.

I'm convinced (not blindly) that any attack upon Iran would be catastrophic for the global economy.

I'll quote Brzezinski "Why should we act like crazies?"

Indeed, haven't "we" acted crazy enough already?

Interesting how at 1.39 Z-big refers to Iraq as "our airspace"

Also interesting that when Sadam invaded Iran, the US gave him weapons but when Sadam invaded Kuwait the US started the Gulf War.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

My first point relates to the fact that a large conflict in the Middle East will never result in Judgement Day. For that to happen Israel or Iran would need to begin open war, the US would have to join in along with her allies on the Israeli side and then China and/or Russia would enter taking, what I assume to be, Iran's side. While it's clearly a simplified view of things, it would still represent the most insane foreign policy actions of multiple international countries ever and it is, in my opinion at least, something which will never happen.
    Your second point is typical of the self-indulgent, heartless and soulless comment that really makes me sick. Innocents routinely murdered and your only concern is the price of oil.
    While it is true it's a horrible to say, I'm quite positive that is how most of the rest of the world would view the event. Sure there'd be newspaper headlines and anti-war protests but I highly doubt there'd be any military intervention from outside countries. I'll happily agree with you that the actions of Israel are often in flagrant abuse of UN guidelines and international law but given the reaction to these events by the international community thus far, it's hard to see them doing anything in the event of an outbreak in open war.
    joebucks wrote: »
    Interesting how at 1.39 Z-big refers to Iraq as "our airspace"
    Well it is the airspace they currently maintain control so it makes sense to refer to it as that. Possibly a poor choice of words but at least it would be made proper use of if Israel were to initiate a first strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

fontanalis wrote: »
    That's a copy and paste from an email that got circulated after the fuss over the islamic centre in down town manhattan isn't it?
    Paranoia is patriotic! Orwell would love this stuff.

Funny i was actually thinking about the Americans while reading that email that was copy pasted.
    When will those fanatics be stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

Shame nobody stood up and said something when the Nazis started burning books. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Torakx wrote: »
    Funny i was actually thinking about the Americans while reading that email that was copy pasted.
    When will those fanatics be stopped.

It's also pathetic as the reason peace loving Germans and peace loving Rwandans turned on innocent people and slaughtered them is because they were convinced the people who died were out to get them and were the cause of their misfortune, the same sentiment being expressed about muslims in the email.

Advertisement