Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah thats enough now, lads.

Back to talking about emos with implausably big swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Back to talking about emos with implausably big swords.
    And characters with even less boob coverage than Makoto!

Speaking of which, for anyone who actually plays this, who are yeer mains?
    Cloud of Darkness is currently my number one, with Squall playing second fiddle.
    I'm tempted to try playing Ultimecia, but her play style is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yuna confirmed at 4:37 in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D98CXfBZAUo

Many characters been confirmed since the last post. Tifa, Vaan, Laguna, Yuna, Lightning and Kain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Yeah Sairus i Main Golbez and Jecht solely for their damage and insane combos
    E.G.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Zs-RcLZXU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgIj8IlbUl8
    Jecht and Golbez are the only two that can do these insane ex cancels

Im looking forward to the new one
    they've added a whole new bunch of moves for the exsisting characters and changed the style of them as seen by clouds style (i heard japan gets a kingdomhearts outfit for cloud). he looks almost exactly like the amano art down to the earing. Also the assist combos will allow anyone to continue massive combos.

ALSO
    FERGUS
    did you notice at 2:13 it also confirms BASCH?

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    E.G.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Zs-RcLZXU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgIj8IlbUl8

they've added a whole new bunch of moves for the exsisting characters and changed the style of them as seen by clouds style (i heard japan gets a kingdomhearts outfit for cloud). he looks almost exactly like the amano art down to the earing. Also the assist combos will allow anyone to continue massive combos.

ALSO
    FERGUS

Holy crap didn't notice that

• Advertisement

New trailer up for this:

Notes from the trailer:

Priche from FFXI makes her finger wagging debut.

The cloud behind Bartz at the end says "It's been a long time". Good possibility this is going to be everyone's favourite sword collector Gilgamesh.

I was scouring the lineups pretty harshly at the end of the trailer and noticed Terra is on the Chaos side. Jecht and Tidus have also switched allegiances.
    (Terra is immediately to the left of Garland, Tidus is on the far right [it looks like Jecht, but he's way too skinny and pale. Compare to his costume from the clip earlier in the trailer]. Jecht is beside Yuna the second time it shows the Cosmos team.)

So the current roster now stands at the following (ignoring the allegiance changes, since they're not 100%).

COSMOS

Warrior of Light - FF1
    Firion - FF2
    Onion Knight - FF3
    Cecil - FF4
    Kain - FF4
    Bartz - FF5
    Terra - FF6
    Cloud - FF7
    Tifa - FF7
    Squall - FF8
    Laguna - FF8
    Zidane - FF9
    Tidus - FF10
    Yuna - FF10
    Shantoto - FF11
    Prishe - FF11
    Vaan - FF12
    Lightning - FF13

CHAOS

Garland - FF1
    Emperor - FF2
    Cloud of Darkness - FF3
    Golbez - FF4
    Exdeath - FF5
    Gilgamesh - FF5 (?)
    Kefka - FF6
    Sephiroth - FF7
    Ultimecia - FF8
    Kuja - FF9
    Jecht - FF10
    Gabranth - FF12

Also, a "Premium Demo" for Duodecim is now online on the Japanese PSN. It costs 300 yen and gives you a short story mode not in the full game (think Case Zero from Dead Rising 2) and some use of arcade mode. The real hook is that if you have a save from this demo when you boot up the actual game you unlock Aeris from FF7 as an assist.
    That'll probably only apply to the Japanese game though, so dont run off and buy the demo yet ;)

Didn't see these posts :pac:
    SirAuronDX wrote: »

ALSO
    FERGUS

I briefly toyed with using those two - especially Jecht. That guy has ****ing mental damage output.
    I pumped hundreds of hours into the game, but never properly learned any combos 'cause all I had was the computer to play against. I didnt even know there was such a thing as an EX cancel in this game XD Those vids are mad! XD

And yar, every character has 3 costumes now. The two they had from the first game plus fancy Amano design versions.
    Some characters have a fourth dlc costume. So far only Cloud and Lightening's have been revealed. You get them by having a save from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix and The 3rd Birthday respectively. Since Final Mix very likely wont come out over here, we'll probably just get them on the UMD.

Also, that Basch is just Gabranth's alternate costume. :(http://www.dissidia012duodecim.com/character-update-judge-gabranth/

Probaly gonna pick up Tifa in this one

There's no revealed characters I'm mad about yet really :/ Maybe Lightning or Yuna, but I'm still content with Cloud of Darkness. Moar lazors.

Also, after watching the trailer again I realised Prishe isn't speaking Japanese. After many rewindings I believe she's saying "...you're by yourself". SO EXCITING! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I was boring and played as Cloud. Game was hillarious, but people stopped playing against me. Something to do with it being horribly broken and them not liking loosing.

Hopefully Zack is a 4th costume for Cloud or something. That'd be nice.

• Advertisement

I've noticed the white haired man (golbez in 4.2) is also an alt costume
    Nice enough to have these as opposed to just a colour change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I think I'll end up going back to Terra IMO.
    I loved being lame with her, check out my YT channel I've posted up some vids before.

Some minor new info.
    Costumes for Warrior of Light and Garland:

wol.jpg

garl.jpg

I really like Garland's.
    Fighter/Knight WoL is pretty cool too I guess :P

Siliconera also have a run down of the apperantly very short Prologus demo.
    Basically the Scenario Mode is 4 consectutive battles played as Lightning with Warrior of Light as your assist. You dont heal between battles.
    Arcade has two options, 5 sequential opponents, or thirty. You get to choose from 7 characters, all with pre-assigned abilities and assists: Lightning, Kain, Warrior of Light, Garland, Kefka, Sephiroth, and Jecht. You are not limited to fighting just these guys though. Siliconera mention Shantotto, Cloud of Darkness and Terra.
    They hint that you might unlock something if you beat all 30 opponents in a row.

Lightning uses Paradigm Shifts as her main shtick. Like in FF13, she can switch paradigms to give herself new moves. It's basically switching classes. Tapping L+R switches Paradigms.
    Commando is her melee class, Ravager gives her ranged spells and Medic lets her charge her Bravery.

Kain doesn't sound too special. He has a chargable Jump attack - the longer you charge the further he jumps. He also sounds like he has a good mix of ranged and melee attacks. I magine he'll be good in the air. Dem dragoons.

Other tidbits from the comments are that the game feels faster now, even falling out of the sky is faster. Chases are apperantly much faster.

Finally, the demo download is two files - one 550MB demo file, and one 500KB assist file containing Aeris. I imagine this means you'll be able to delete the demo when you get the full game to free up all that precious space, but keep Aeris.
    I'm curious how that assist is rigged to just stop people downloading a copy of it onto their PSP without buying the demo. Probably just tags the file with your PSP's code when you run the demo for the first time, I dunno.

Release date has been announced for March 22nd in North America at $29.99. Only a couple of weeks after the JP release... nice change from last time! :D
    Hopefully they'll add in anther couple of characters though.. I'm not interested in any they've added so far XD
    EDIT: Oh wait, Yuna. I could totally get in on some of that action.

Also, these descriptions were hidden in the the demo:

Prishe:
    Concept: Combo Maker
    Description: Freely combines/combos her attacks, can link these with her original 'super moves'.

Gilgamesh:
    Concept: Scramble Fighter
    Description: Pick a suitable weapon to attack; even Gilgamesh can't predict the power.

Guess that's Gilgamesh confirmed! :pac:

"I FEEL SO BETRAYED"

Maining gilgamesh hard. it's like playing faust but cooler.

Also looking at the wikia apparently theres gonna be a european special edition which gives tifa a 4th costume or something

Just some more minor stuff on Gilgamesh, Prishe and... Desperado Chaos?

dissidia012_gilgamesh_thumb.jpg

dissidia012_prishe_thumb.jpg

dissidia012_desperadochaos_thumb.jpg

Apperantly the text on this one says "this character is locked" or something. Notice it's got a white FF 13 logo though.

dissidia012_random_thumb.jpg

perchance a toned down playable chaos...maybe even a playable cosmos...or maybe
    I AM CHAOS
    THIS IS MY FINAL FORM

A couple more tid bits trickled out over the last while.

Firstly, Duodecim introduces Nintendo's dreaded Friend Codes, at least in a limited capacity.
    The game has a mode where you can create your own quests; creating maps, placing enemies, wiriting dialogue, etc. You can share these quests with your friends, but only if you have their code.

The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve 3) is coming out next month over here and the special edition has a code for an Aya Brea costume for Lightning - the only way you're going to get that costume.

Also, the game has the entirety of the original Dissidia's story mode included, which you unlock after clearing Duodecim's campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Sairus wrote: »
    The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve 3) is coming out next month over here and the special edition has a code for an Aya Brea costume for Lightning - the only way you're going to get that costume.

Are we getting a special edition? I haven't played a PE game since 2 , shortly after its release. I don't remember it at all! It's really cool that Yvonne Strahovski is voicing Aya, that really sold me on the game! I wish Sony would release the first two on PSN, the original is one of those games I've always wanted to play.

On topic, Game have a Legacy Edition of Dissidia Duodecim: http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PSP/Fighting/Dissidia-012-Duodecim-Final-Fantasy-Legacy-Edition/~r353596/?s=%22Dissidia%20012%22

How are we supposed to get the Aerith assist?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnw9EL3Jut8
    Gilgamesh seems to be kinda zappaish/faustish to me. considering his attacks will have a random weapon. be it increased range or damage or neither etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyiQCbUZCLI
    Prishes is fearsome!

• Advertisement

And dont forget Desperado Chaos!

And dont forget Desperado Chaos!
    he turns the game off for his ex burst?
    not to mention his ex burst basically allows you 20 seconds of more damage?

BANNED IN VS THANKS

I played through Prologus today. I dont think it's worth the €3.
    The story mode lasts all of 20 minutes on hard mode and is clearly made using the 'make your own quest' feature from the full game with a voice acted cut scene at the start and finish. If you do buy this to get the Aeris assist, dont delude yourself into thinking you're getting value for money because it has extra story content. Here's a rundown of what happens:
    Lightning is angry. Lightning fights some guys. omg, Cloud's with Chaos.

Gameplay wise the game feels much more hectic than the first game. The aerial rock-paper-scissor battles are much faster. I could barely respond to them when the AI chose bravery attack.
    Everything feels a lot heavier than the first game too. You get thrown further with every hit and you seem to fall to the ground faster when falling or jumping. Quick running also seems better but I'm not sure why.
    Assists are mental. Combos go through the roof with a well timed assist. Getting a Break on the opponent probably wont be too difficult once you get the hang of assists.

I haven't played as Kain yet, but Lightning feels great. Her Paradigm shifts work great and match perfectly with how they work in FFXIII. She's also a total bitch in the cut scenes so she gets more awesome points. XD

So yeah after owning this for a while im rather enjoying it.
    the pace is certiantly quicker and with the assist guage opens up a bunch of new stuff. such as if you hit someone in ex mode with your assit it makes them lose the ex mode etc.
    Accessories that boosted ex mode such as center of the world and close to you give the trade off that you can't use your assist guage. fair trade imo but the ex guage burns really quickly. Ex revenge is also a good idea since i never really enjoyed the fact i would get burst combo'd if i tried to attack them only to get riposte'd

My main golbez ate a nerf. he can't do his dodge combos anymore but jecht remains just as powerful. im enjoying Prishe and Kain intensely and gilgamesh is fun. yuna seems a bit basic yet OP with the amount of range she can cover with her summons. alot of people have new stuff and some have meh stuff but overall i'm actually enjoying this and looking forward to playing fun times with my mate

Also there are ways to grind xp,ap,kp in an amazing way. e.g. one battle giving you 40-70ap without accessories breaking

EX Revenge is so good.
    As demonstrated by me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I played through Prologus today. I dont think it's worth the €3.

I didn't think it was too bad, the Arcade Mode is decent. I'm playing through as Lightning on Hard, you can unlock
    Cloud, if you beat Tifa
    in Arcade. Haven't met
    her
    yet though.

Advertisement