Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

mike65 wrote: »
    :( Two hours Mariam :mad:

I wonder is that what we'll be getting every day when Pat finally packs it in?

By the way, if this story about Tubridy coming back to R1 is true, I hope they move PK back to 9 as a by-product of giving Tubs a 2-hour slot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

oh .

dear.

jesus.

ive actually turned back to tom dunne. PLEASE tell me pats on at 11 ?

cause this is killing me.
    If I remember correctly, Ronan Collins has an extended programme today. So no. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ah here fuk this then.

im stuck in work and i cant handle a day of this. i had to switch back as tom was annoying me and all im hearing now is some luvvie go on about her first cappachino that she had with some lad from eaton !

its off to youtube for me then.

take care guys, hope you all survive this.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,821 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lyric all the way for me today. Full pieces/works being played all day.

RTE1 in the morning is turning into a complete disaster these days.

What day did MLOD manage to insult some Belgians? (if that's what actually happened, I'm going on previous posts here) - I've been away and haven't had the pleasure of her dulcet tones for a while - but if she stuck her size 8s in it, I'd love to listen back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Lyric all the way for me today. Full pieces/works being played all day.

RTE1 in the morning is turning into a complete disaster these days.

What day did MLOD manage to insult some Belgians? (if that's what actually happened, I'm going on previous posts here) - I've been away and haven't had the pleasure of her dulcet tones for a while - but if she stuck her size 8s in it, I'd love to listen back!

I didn't hear it either but apparently she disclosed some selling information about a house which was on the market (including names I think) while striding about the midlands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

:( Two hours Mariam :mad:

All SO sweet and SO emotional :eek::eek:

She is awful isn't she? Like being smothered under a duvet of blancmange

"constructive social enginering"

good luck with that ya muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who the hell does he think he is??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Drink companies will just find another way to market their products. Arthurs Day for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Don't ya just love these superior people, (trust me, I'm a doctor), who know what's good for us poor ignorant plebs. We are so lucky to have these people who are constantly telling us how to live our lives. How did we manage at all at all in the old days before the advent of these lifestyle gurus.:eek:

Nonsense - I've been to Berlin a few times and there is no shortage of drunks on park benches with the cans or bottles beside them and if you open your eyes you'll see them in every other European city too.

Now, while I don't think Guinness or Heineken are charities & for sure there is benefit to them or they wouldn't be sponsoring sporting events but IMO first we should enforce the laws we already have and above all we should put a stop to using alcohol as a loss leader & pricing it cheaper than a bottle of water.

@ sept 23

he thinks he's your better, obviously and were too thick to know any more.

i have to admit to not hearing such arrogance supercilliousness in an age.

so marketing is making teenagers drink ?

i bet theres professionals in that profession falling all over themselves laughing at that one. if he was right they'd get a slam dunk with every toy on the market come christmas when they target kids.

doesnt work out that way as even 4 year olds only go for what they want and theyll decide whats the "must buy" everytime, not some suit.

its also really starting to get on my tits that the only solution from people earning 1 to 2 grand a week in wages is to put the price of drink up for people earning 400 quid a week.

exacltly how much would a pint have to cost to be prohibitive for pat kenny and co to think twice about buying one ?

i swear its like they do something to the professional class's brains once theyve been in the job too long.

my own personal feeling on this is were a nation of functional drunks, and theres nothing the top 10% who dominate our media (who are remorsely ashamed of this situation) can do about it as most of us are perfectly happy with the situation.

and as to why we drink ?

well IMO drunk girls getting their knickers off has alot more to do with it than rugby. i doubt theres a woman in media thatll say she kissed an entire stranger without having at least one glass of wine down her but ya never hear that angle.

probably cause the truth hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

@ sept 23

he thinks he's your better, obviously and were too thick to know any more.

i have to admit to not hearing such arrogance supercilliousness in an age.

so marketing is making teenagers drink ?

i bet theres professionals in that profession falling all over themselves laughing at that one. if he was right they'd get a slam dunk with every toy on the market come christmas when they target kids.

doesnt work out that way as even 4 year olds only go for what they want and theyll decide whats the "must buy" everytime, not some suit.

its also really starting to get on my tits that the only solution from people earning 1 to 2 grand a week in wages is to put the price of drink up for people earning 400 quid a week.

exacltly how much would a pint have to cost to be prohibitive for pat kenny and co to think twice about buying one ?

i swear its like they do something to the professional class's brains once theyve been in the job too long.

my own personal feeling on this is were a nation of functional drunks, and theres nothing the top 10% who dominate our media (who are remorsely ashamed of this situation) can do about it as most of us are perfectly happy with the situation.

and as to why we drink ?

well IMO drunk girls getting their knickers off has alot more to do with it than rugby. i doubt theres a woman in media thatll say she kissed an entire stranger without having at least one glass of wine down her but ya never hear that angle.

probably cause the truth hurts.

Are you drunk?

Ah fecks sake. Anyone fancy if Myles can get through today without a history slot?

he's talking to macdowel right now.

does that count ?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah fecks sake. Anyone fancy if Myles can get through today without a history slot?

Having MacDowall on you mean? :D

It's funny this morning hearing all the Senators crying out to have their jobs saved on different radio stations.. And now you have Senator MLOD off on a Paddywagon tour for RTE instead doing Seanad work.. :)

If MacDowel is in favour of retaining the Seanad ... that's reason enough for me to vote to abolish it.
    It strikes me that all those I've heard favouring retaining it are those with a vested interest in retaining a possible extra pension fund for themselves & their cronies.

Waste of time & money - get rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

dail clowns
    seanad muppets
    lol

lol.. muppets... I bet Miles is sorry he said that word now.. MacDowall is gone all legal on him..

• Advertisement

pretty much sums it up.

in fact its only the mans staggering ego that makes me think he's not a plant to ensure it goes.

look at some of the crap he just said, the senad can stop the dail giving away our tax rights to europe without a referendum ?

HOW exactly when its ALWAYS controlled by the dail of the day since the 30s ?

spoofer.

and as for going on about mary robinson, theres alot of people think she took us for a ride to get a "better " job in the UN.

I cant wait to get shot of the senate, itll be the only time i get to vote on anything to do with the fupping thing, like MOST of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

why not reduce the number of senators and keep a small seanad but at the same time reduce the number of tds and have 2 smaller governing houses

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

McDowell is playing a blinder - in convincing the public to get rid of The Seanad.

ah micheal if the fire escape in your house doesnt work you get rid of the house.

just ask the lads from priory hall.

:)

i bet enda kenny is laughing his arse off at this, you can just see the figures for getting rid of the place going up by the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If it's not a full-time job, how come it pays a full-time salary??

McDowell is playing a blinder - in convincing the public to get rid of The Seanad.

It's in safe hands now, Harry.. Mary Louise O'Donnell will be on shortly and that should convince the remainder of the electorate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This woman sounds just like my granny (same accent and everything). Gives me the shivers, what that woman went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I missed the earlier slots, but I wouldn't be happy to lose the senate, to keep an eye on the government. How it's populated, however, should be radically reformed (so it doesn't end up stuffed with government appointees to rubber stamp whatever laws they are given). How the Dail is populated should also be changed too, so that it's not filled with charismatic sleveens that are good at back-slapping and plamásing and only look after local interests. There are too many teachers / lawyers and publican TDs and not enough scientist / economist / medical ones.

• Advertisement

God I love John Banville ... so droll and laconic :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement