Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Jesus, how is she supposed to be informing us if she mixes up use by and best before herself?
    Perhaps there is an expectation that the listener engage intelligently and recognise a slip of the tongue for what it is - especially when the listener is helped by having the slip corrected immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Perhaps there is an expectation that the listener engage intelligently and recognise a slip of the tongue for what it is - especially when the listener is helped by having the slip corrected immediately.
    Aw it's so cute how you defend Tina everytime she's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

My mother never looked at use-by or best-before dates. She would just smell the food and say it's ok or not ok. Nobody died!
    P.S. The only thing that stumped her was Parmesan cheese.:confused:

Aw it's so cute how you defend Tina everytime she's on!
    It's a better behaviour than attacking her regularly, generally with no real justification.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    My mother never looked at use-by or best-before dates. She would just smell the food and say it's ok or not ok. Nobody died!
    P.S. The only thing that stumped her was Parmesan cheese.:confused:
    People who die as a result about making the wrong call are unlikely to come here to explain their policy.

Tell your mother not to worry about Parmesan cheese: it lasts almost forever, and it's obvious when it goes off.

• Advertisement

It's a better behaviour than attacking her regularly, generally with no real justification.
    I hardly think making a comment about a mistake she makes is attacking her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

A 'Stater'??? :confused:

Paddy not having much luck in Crossmaglen, have they no dole office up there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Meathlass wrote: »
    They rehash this feature on every radio show and newspaper at least 3 times a year.

Survival of the fittest tbh if people haven't figured it out by now.

well its not like theres anything else happening is it ?

the taoiseach and the minister for justice were accused of lying in the dail last night in relation to correspondences they had with the oppostion but apparently thats not news

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

the taoiseach and the minister for justice were accused of lying in the dail last night in relation to correspondences they had with the oppostion but apparently thats not news

:D

Obviously that's not news.

You do realise what country they are taoiseach and the minister for justice of, don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Shur he'll be kicked out when his holiday visa is up"..

Is this lad serious? He's gonna just stay illegal like thousands of other Irish.. I'd say he's gone, they'll never catch him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is this lad serious? He's gonna just stay illegal like thousands of other Irish.. I'd say he's gone, they'll never catch him..

It will be easy enough to get him back as he's a suspected "cop killer" and the Yanks don't like that.
    All they have to do is track his mail to his family as he can't keep moving all the time or trace his phone calls.
    There's a reward as well and his friends won't stay too faithful to him as time goes on.

I wouldn't be too sure that they know where he is. That could be just a bit of PR spin. He could be in Columbia or somewhere like that by now. Don't expect an arrest any time soon. He may be a cop-killer but is probably not stupid.

It seems that RTE cannot get through an hour's broadcasting these days without somebody talking about suicide. It has become an obsession with them!

Roger_007 wrote: »
    It seems that RTE cannot get through an hour's broadcasting these days without somebody talking about suicide. It has become an obsession with them!
    Better than brushing it under the carpet which is what happened up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,037 ✭✭✭✭neris

music was decent today for a change. Seen those lads playing on Grafton Street a few times and their good. Drummers a bit of a headcase though

i was sure i heard that song they did before somewhere !

thanks neris.

this union muppet really is some gob****e. Teachers expose themselves to infection by going to work. the unions really are scrapping the bottom of the excuse barrel for reasons that they shouldnt get pay cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

break the cycle,take the kids off them ffs:mad:

bet if tommy heads back down to oconnell st today this ones back on smack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Tommy mixin' with the good folks on O'Connell Street!! His union rep needs to get on the radio and explain how his monstrous absence rate is due to all the infections he picks up...like the teachers...

• Advertisement

Any chance hell drop down the RTE canteen to find out about all the coke gerry was getting ?

Thought not :D

Any chance hell drop down the RTE canteen to find out about all the coke gerry was getting ?

Thought not :D
    Sure he wasn't working class, don't you know presenters are only allowed to say they take drugs on RTE!

RIP Katie and Gerry, the people's princess and prince.

/candle blowing in the wind/

Sounds to me like all those poor oppressed pensioners have a viable trade here as proxy pharmacists :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think they should put a clinic in Killiney

Jays lads wouldn't it be great if the pint was half the price it was 20 years ago.

Instead its the reverse

Jays lads wouldn't it be great if the pint was half the price it was 20 years ago.

Instead its the reverse
    But the poor publicans have to make a living, don't ya know.

31 grand bender !

Looks like they tackled drugs in RTE after all !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wish for once that Pat would do an item on middle-class drug abuse. As somebody just said there, too much money is dangerous - his mate Gerry being a good example of this.

Is this 'The Savage Eye' ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

neris wrote: »
    this union muppet really is some gob****e. Teachers expose themselves to infection by going to work. the unions really are scrapping the bottom of the excuse barrel for reasons that they shouldnt get pay cuts
    yep, Pat rightly blew him out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement