Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Betting Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

stupid internet at home down for the last 2 weeks so havent been able to place any bets.

really fancied an eagles (scratch) / green bay -7 double this weekend and everything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

eagle eye wrote: »
    Bank 113.4

I like a lot of stuff tonight. I feel certain this game is going to be very high scoring. I think Aaron Rodgers is certain to go over 300 yards tonight. I think John Kitna will definitely go very close to 300 yards if not break that figure. I see the Packers hitting the 30s at least in the scoring stakes here and I think Dallas will score over 20. I'm not taking the handicap bet on because we just don't know for sure how good Kitna can be. Last week he had 4 interceptions but only one of them was his fault, the rest were drops by receivers. He still ended up with 379 yards in that game, admittedly against a poor D but the Packers have been very poor in pass defense over the last while too. Felix Jones is due a big game and I think this could be his night. All it would take is Kitna hitting a couple of receivers early to open up some lanes for him and once he gets free he is one of the best downhill runners in the game.

This game has a lot of real interesting bets.

12 points over 46 points
    12 points Aaron Rodgers over 280.5 passing yards.
    12 points John Kitna over 250.5 passing yards.
    6 points Greg Jennings over 78.5 receiving yards.
    6 points Felix Jones over 52.5 rushing yards.
    Well Kitna, or rather his OL, was horrendous and let me down badly. 7 point profit.

Bank 120.4

And I'm going big tonight.

20 pts Ravens to win outright 1/1
    10 pts over 44 points @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Over @ 10/11
    Total Points in Game(58.5)
    Oregon At California Pending
    Over @ 10/11
    Total Points in Game(47.0)
    UL Monroe At LSU Pending
    Over @ 10/11
    Total Points in Game(53.5)
    San Diego State At TCU Pending
    Over @ 10/11
    Total Points in Game(49.5)
    Penn State At Ohio State Pending
    Over @ 10/11
    Total Points in Game(53.5)
    Utah At Notre Dame

Hines Wards injury cost me 160 euro on a 5 player anytime TD accumulator :(

Bank 110

21 pts Eagles -3.5 @ 20/21

10 pts LeSean McCoy over 70.5 yards rushing @ 5/6

• Advertisement

hard to believe Vick was 3/1 for an anytime TD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Anyone think Chicago are looking good against Dolphins?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

If I was going to back anyone it would probably be the Bears but Miami are fairly good against the pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Done the Bears earlier in the day @ +1.5.
    Here's hoping !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Too risky betting against a home team on Thursday Night Football imo.

• Advertisement

Bank 120

I really fancy the Dolphins tonight. I can see a couple of picks for the Dolphins D and Thigpen is one of those QBs that an aggressive D like the Bears can really suffer against as he can get out of the pocket quickly.

11 points Chicago Bears -1.5 @ 10/11

took the bears straight up

LeSean McCoy @ 2/3
    Any Time Touchdown Scorer
    New York Giants At Philadelphia Eagles Pending
    Fred Jackson @ 21/10
    Buffalo Bills At Cincinnati Bengals Pending
    Greg Jennings @ 8/11
    Green Bay Packers At Minnesota Vikings Pending
    Andre Johnson @ evens
    Houston Texans At New York Jets

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Am a Colts fan, but done the Patriots -8, when they were 7-0 up. Cant see Manning beating Brady tonite, too many injurys. But still hope the Colts can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

I need to make about 50 euro off the Eagles Giants game. What do people think of a double of Eagles -2.5 & Over 40.5? Comes in around 6/5

I'm all in tonight on 3 bets. Its one of those nights, perfect weather in San Diego for a football game at around 55 degrees. Not cold but not too warm either.

I have 109 pts and they are all going on 3 bets. I expect to get two up at worst but I think all 3 are equally likely. Its all the overs tonight for me. I don't like picking any particular receiver because they have so many targets. Rivers has Floyd back which is huge and Arjirotutu was just so good in their last game. He is missing Antonio Gates tonight which is a big loss but Randy McMichael has shown that he can fill in as a receiving tight end. Both these Quarterbacks having been putting up monster yardage almost all season and in perfect weather conditions I don't expect that to change. I can see this game being very high scoring. I have the low down at 54 points and I wouldn't be surprised if its in the 70s.

36 points Kyle Orton over 285.5 passing yards @ 5/6
    36 points Phillip Rivers over 300.5 passing yards @ 5/6
    37 points over 50 points @ 10/11

bobby wade wrote: »
    LeSean McCoy @ 2/3
    New York Giants At Philadelphia Eagles Pending
    Fred Jackson @ 21/10
    Buffalo Bills At Cincinnati Bengals Pending
    Greg Jennings @ 8/11
    Green Bay Packers At Minnesota Vikings Pending
    Andre Johnson @ evens
    Houston Texans At New York Jets

let down by 1 player again this week

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm all in tonight on 3 bets. Its one of those nights, perfect weather in San Diego for a football game at around 55 degrees. Not cold but not too warm either.

I have 109 pts and they are all going on 3 bets. I expect to get two up at worst but I think all 3 are equally likely. Its all the overs tonight for me. I don't like picking any particular receiver because they have so many targets. Rivers has Floyd back which is huge and Arjirotutu was just so good in their last game. He is missing Antonio Gates tonight which is a big loss but Randy McMichael has shown that he can fill in as a receiving tight end. Both these Quarterbacks having been putting up monster yardage almost all season and in perfect weather conditions I don't expect that to change. I can see this game being very high scoring. I have the low down at 54 points and I wouldn't be surprised if its in the 70s.

36 points Kyle Orton over 285.5 passing yards @ 5/6
    36 points Phillip Rivers over 300.5 passing yards @ 5/6
    37 points over 50 points @ 10/11

Ouch.

Is that the end of your betting for the year then?

Tough night, glad I didn't touch this game.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Ouch.

Is that the end of your betting for the year then?

Tough night, glad I didn't touch this game.
    Very, very rough night. I didn't expect Denver to be so poor. But thats how things go sometimes, I felt robbed with the over when San Diego didn't even seem to bother in a drive early in the 4th quarter. I made 683 points last year off my bankroll so I'll give myself another 100 for the rest of the season. If that game was on again tonight I'd do the very same bets.

Nothing worse than when a missed FG (Kaeding in this instance) costs you either a bet or a fantasy football win. Don't think I'll ever forgive Adam Vinatieri for what he did to me earlier in the year. Cost me both a bet and fantasy football at the same time. There were also a few unhappy bunnies in the gambling forum when the Chargers seemed content to run it out as early as the third quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Archimedes wrote: »
    Nothing worse than when a missed FG (Kaeding in this instance) costs you either a bet or a fantasy football win. Don't think I'll ever forgive Adam Vinatieri for what he did to me earlier in the year. Cost me both a bet and fantasy football at the same time. There were also a few unhappy bunnies in the gambling forum when the Chargers seemed content to run it out as early as the third quarter.

Plenty of things worse than that, like when your kicker kicks a perfect field goal but somehow the referee rules it no good and you lose the game and championship as a direct result (the missed FG occurred during sudden death overtime).

I got in deepish on the early game today. All the bets were on New England straight and the over. I backed the Patriots when they were down 14-3. Nice start to the day. I really fancy the Saints for a big win tonight. I think the scoring will be high too. I'm all over 50.5 pts and the Saints -8.5 at 2/1 on Betfair.

betse.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

Im thinking of Over 42 points in the Jets game. What you guys think? So far took the overs on the Lions game and on the game on at the moment which should come in. Need 7 more points in the last quarter.

I think the over is good in the Jets game too.

Went for it seeing as the Cowboys and Saints overs came in

I'm on the over too, also on the Bengals +8.5 and a small bet on the Bengals straight. I just have a feeling there could be an upset tonight.

Hmm, I dont know, I think Holmes will tear them up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

One of my bets today......How lucky can a guy get?

I'm doing the very same bets as I did last week tonight.

33pts over 50.5
    36 points Manning over 295.5
    36 points Rivers over 300.5

• Advertisement

Think everyone is going for the overs for this game, yeah? With Manning and Rivers there you would expect a lot of TDs. Think I might have to jump on the band wagon.

Advertisement