Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Game of Soccer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

Hooked booked it again for next week - we are just going to take it a week at a bit for another few weeks anyway.

There is an option to book a 4 week block but they want a €60 deposit the first week as well as the €60 for that night and then pay as normal the 2nd and 3rd week with the deposit being used to pay for the 4th week.

I think the guys have now created a boards group for this so looks like we will be using that to run it from now on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mckenic

Ah crap!

I have to come up with 22 posts from somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mckenic wrote: »
    Ah crap!

I have to come up with 22 posts from somewhere :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963543&page=63

Take ya a day if ya do it right

Thanks!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So , back from holidays, how do i get in on this action?

• Advertisement

Do what Im gonna do -

Wait until the list is posted (tomorrow, I think?) and then pounce! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Hooked

Hello ALL

A social group has been set up for this:
    Limerick Boardsies 5-a-side Soccer Group

So sign up will take place over there from now on...

Please PM Insect Overlord as I think you need an invite to join, but I'm new to all this Group stuff so don't quote me!

We're up to 7 players for this coming Monday and are in discussion about adding the likes of gariciemo (whos already played) and mckenic (who wants to) - both of whom are not part of the group??? Not sure if you need a minimum amount of posts, an invite, or both...

I'd suggest that slots 8, 9 and 10 are given this week to:
    8. gariciemo (if he's playing again)
    9. McKenic (if he's available Oct 4th)
    10. Zuroph (who can sign up via the group)

We'll discuss this on the group page -
    and I'll post back here later in the week.

BUT FOR THE MOMENT - SIGN UP WILL TAKE PLACE VIA THE GROUP.
    PLEASE PM INSECT OVERLORD FOR AN INVITE. (i 'think' its invite only?)

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Lads, I don't really like the idea of setting up a private group for it. The idea is that it is open to whoever wants to play on boards. It was working fine signing up on the thread here....

@insect overlord - for some reason I can't send pm's - can you give me access to the group please?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gariceimo

Hooked wrote: »
    Hello ALL

A social group has been set up for this:
    Limerick Boardsies 5-a-side Soccer Group

So sign up will take place over there from now on...

Please PM Insect Overlord as I think you need an invite to join, but I'm new to all this Group stuff so don't quote me!

We're up to 7 players for this coming Monday and are in discussion about adding the likes of gariciemo (whos already played) and mckenic (who wants to) - both of whom are not part of the group??? Not sure if you need a minimum amount of posts, an invite, or both...

I'd suggest that slots 8, 9 and 10 are given this week to:
    8. gariciemo (if he's playing again)
    9. McKenic (if he's available Oct 4th)
    10. Zuroph (who can sign up via the group)

We'll discuss this on the group page -
    and I'll post back here later in the week.

BUT FOR THE MOMENT - SIGN UP WILL TAKE PLACE VIA THE GROUP.
    PLEASE PM INSECT OVERLORD FOR AN INVITE. (i 'think' its invite only?)

Ya i'll be available to play, can't join the group as I need 25 posts.

Yep the same!

Joined ages ago to use adverts.ie but never actually posted!
    Working on it now tho :)

Thanks Hooked - would love to play, flu on the mend!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Apologies for the complications with the Group system. I wasn't aware of the minimum post-count rule before this week, ad I really should have looked into it before I started the group :o If anyone has missed out on putting their name on the list for next week, then I'll be happy to forfeit my place to let them play instead.

No no!

For my part, its cool IO! Im just glad someone is organizing!

And if I can be so bold as to be postin again :D

Joining the social Group is still a 25 post thing - but we can read it! REALLY dont want to put anyone out, so if there is a list of 10 already Im VERY happy to wait until next week! This is a really cool bunch of folks and Im down with whatever - dont go stressing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭monkeyactive

I would love to also play football on mondays ! What is the requirement?Should I sign up here and watch for a PM or must I achieve 25 posts and join the social group?Thanks for organising .

At present, there's a list on the social group for next Monday. Insect overlord is trying to lift the 25 posts minimum restriction. But to avoid confusion, sign up will take place there and not here. Apologies if this is awkward. It kind of happened without warning - and no, I'm not being negative by saying that. If the 25 post thingy didn't exist, it would work fine imo.

So please bear with us and hopefully all those interested will be members of the group soon!

Zuroph - will you stick your name on Mondays list over on the group if you're playing, thanks!

Hey monkeyactive!

The way it worked was just keep your eye on this thread and the lads will post the list on Wed morning.

Not sure if the sign-up will be here or the group but the chaps will let us know! :cool:

Oops!

Sorry Hooked - looks like we posted at the same time :)

No worries mckenic... best get that post count up to 25...

C'mere... knock knock...

Come in aur dat!

He he - whose there?

But seriously what you think about the report in the Leader yesterday where one of the city council was saying about the traffic lights @ the Shannon bridge -

"If the city engineers were around 300 years ago, the siege would have lasted 2 days"

Priceless!

Come in aur dat!

He he - whose there?

But seriously what you think about the report in the Leader yesterday where one of the city council was saying about the traffic lights @ the Shannon bridge -

"If the city engineers were around 300 years ago, the siege would have lasted 2 days"

Priceless!

Jaysus stop - there are now 5 sets between my gaff and town... 1 mile stretch.. and there used to be NONE!!! In the other direction, there are another 5 sets.. again where there were none!!!

4 more posts and you can start lacing up those boots!!!

• Advertisement

Cool! Hope Im not pissin anyone off tho!

The one that killed me was the right turn lane for the hotel 'added' just after the Kemmy bridge. Between the bridge and St. Marys lights.

It used to take me 10mins to get from UL to Ard Scoil Ris on my way home before the change as folks going to corbally could just zoom up the right lane... Sometimes it was 45mins after the 'improvement'. Not so bad these days tho as Im sure the hotel will be a pound shop soon _ eeek!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

i have a fair bit to go........................wont be lacing up any boots for a few weeks id say

Can i get an invitation to join the group?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Twenty
    Five.

(Sorry)

Sorry mckenic, I can't leave these posts here!

You only have to make up another two decent contributions though, nearly there now :) The Social Group is probably something that will become more useful as time goes on. It's great to have it as an option for the regulars alongside this thread for more public discussion of the soccer meet-ups.

Can i get an invitation to join the group?

I'll send you an invitation now, but you probably won't be able to post there until you hit the 25 post minimum.

Of course! No problem mate!

n00b mistake and one Im sorry for!

OnlyGotOneSong - PM Insect Overlord for an invite. Really cool group of folks here!

thanks for the invite...........ya i'll need to get the posts up anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

I would love to play football , please invite for the social group , many thanks for organising this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'm thinking a second game might have to be arranged by someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I'm thinking a second game might have to be arranged by someone.

yeah leave it with me, I've already floated the idea over on the group thread...watch this space ;)

For anyone who has posted up interested in a game keep an eye both here and the social group thingy...we will keep both updated until we decide how best to run things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've watched this thread from the beginning and I must say, fair fecks to ye for getting this together so successfully!

I think ye might have created a monster! :pac:

Advertisement