Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Game of Soccer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Hooked

Failing any more drop outs... Final ten below:

1) A2LUE42 (Mark)
    2) hooked
    3) damoth
    4) gariceimo
    5)Shano_88
    6)TestTransmission
    7) KG (hooked + 1)
    8) Insect Overlord (Tommy)
    9) Futureguy
    10)d1980 - very unfit!

See ye for 7pm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Looking forward to it now, it's like "anti-boards beers".

Great to see we have bibs and ball. I'm sure they will have a ball for rent there anyways!

The only thing I can think of to make things go smoother is that if everyone turns up for about 6:50 this evening. I played regular astro for years (many moons ago) and one of the lads would turn up 10 mintues late every week which fecked things up royally :(

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

Yep sounds good - will make sure to be there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Looking forward to it now, it's like "anti-boards beers".

Great to see we have bibs and ball. I'm sure they will have a ball for rent there anyways!

The only thing I can think of to make things go smoother is that if everyone turns up for about 6:50 this evening. I played regular astro for years (many moons ago) and one of the lads would turn up 10 mintues late every week which fecked things up royally :(

I'll bring a ball along, see you guys there at ten to seven.

I'll get there early and stick up a boards a3 poster so we all know where to meet. And not to be anal, I'll have a list of the ten (as suggested last week) so you can tick yourself off and we can weed out any no show!

See ye laters lads - the place looks the business by the way. Very impressed!

I'm not a cash register, so please bring exact change if u can. I've negotiated a one off reduced cost - pm me - normally 6 euro a man for tonight to help get this off the ground. Please bring coins where possible lads!

Cheers

hooked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭d1980

To Speed things up further - How about for teams Odd numbers versus even numbers?

d1980 wrote: »
    To Speed things up further - How about for teams Odd numbers versus even numbers?

Sold!

Sure we've no idea who's good and who belongs in an fai jersey but we'll have fun finding out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Looking forward to it now, Im just back from a boozy weekend in Newcastle so need to sweat some of the booze out!

shano_88 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it now, Im just back from a boozy weekend in Newcastle so need to sweat some of the booze out!

Ill see your boozy weekend and raise it with 5 days of non stop drinking in Spain, home, wedding on thur, flu and just about human! I'll beclucky if I survive the drive to Delta retail park!!!

still, no better way to sweat out the bad stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I'm delighted this is going ahead, I had no idea how it would work when I started the thread so that's good news :D

Looking forward to getting a game when I'm back on my feet!

• Advertisement

Well played tonight lads, very enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Good game,we may keep it up

I thought everything went very well for our first night-great organization lads. The teams were well balanced and the facilities were top notch. Feeling it this morning though, must have sweated a bucket!

Yep - Was an enjoyable game. Well done to hooked for running it so smoothly.

The 11th man at the start was funny...

damoth wrote: »

He was like manuel from fawlty towers... Que?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Very Enjoyable game, well organised i must say!

going ahead again next week?

shano_88 wrote: »
    Very Enjoyable game, well organised i must say!

going ahead again next week?

Cheers to everyone for last night... Just off the phone to Delta there... To block book the slot, Mondays at 7, we'd have to agree to book it out till next April! Also, as some suggested possible discount - the most they're willing to go to is 10%? which is 54 euro a week! No budging on a round figure of 50 euro! I didn't ask for or speak to a manager/superior.

My own personal reaction to this is not a positive one. I'm reluctant to put my details forward, locking into a booking till next April and I'd prefer a nice round figure of 5 euro a man if I were to do so...

As these are just my own opinions, I'll put it out there to the rest of those signed/signing up - as to whether this will become a regular gig. As it stands, nothing is booked for next week.

Cheers again for a good game last night.

Hooked wrote: »
    Cheers to everyone for last night... Just off the phone to Delta there... To block book the slot, Mondays at 7, we'd have to agree to book it out till next April! Also, as some suggested possible discount - the most they're willing to go to is 10%? which is 54 euro a week! No budging on a round figure of 50 euro! I didn't ask for or speak to a manager/superior.

My own personal reaction to this is not a positive one. I'm reluctant to put my details forward, locking into a booking till next April and I'd prefer a nice round figure of 5 euro a man if I were to do so...

As these are just my own opinions, I'll put it out there to the rest of those signed/signing up - as to whether this will become a regular gig. As it stands, nothing is booked for next week.

Cheers again for a good game last night.

Given the fact that they are open one day, I reckon they'll stand firm on this but give it a few weeks...perhaps a manager will give us a more favorable deal.

Trying to tie us to a 6-month booking is rediculous (and poor business too) given the fact that we will find it difficult to find 10 players over the christmas period.

If they do not want to play ball, there are plenty of other places where we can play.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay 6 euro for an hour there in the short term so long as they keep the emergency door open for some air. The first half was played in a sauna.

Yep - I suppose lets take it a week at a time for now anyway while we decide what to do.

Maybe book this coming Monday for starters and we can have a chat about what to do when we are there together before / after it. We can report back then on the thread so others will know what suggestions / decisions were made...

damoth wrote: »

I'd forgotten that. Good fun, and no fear of being cold anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My passing was atrocious last night, and some of my tackling was shocking, so sorry again for that! :o

Should get better once I start playing again regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

@ hooked - what details did they want to book it? I'd imagine it will run or 6 months fairly easily, there is plenty of interest. Having said that I wouldn't want to hand over details either...

So was it just a name and phone number sort of thing?

@ hooked - what details did they want to book it? I'd imagine it will run or 6 months fairly easily, there is plenty of interest. Having said that I wouldn't want to hand over details either...

So was it just a name and phone number sort of thing?

Just name and number but I don't want the hassle of them ringing me if we can't get the numbers. I was playing tonight and booked just next Monday as a one off again. So we can get the ball rolling again for this Monday!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Count me in again :)

Monday 27th at 7pm. Delta soccer dome.

1. Hooked

Monday 27th at 7pm. Delta soccer dome.

1. Hooked
    2. A2LUE42

1. Hooked
    2. A2LUE42
    3. IO

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭d1980

1. Hooked
    2. A2LUE42
    3. IO
    4. D1980

1. Hooked
    2. A2LUE42
    3. IO