Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Game of Soccer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

1. Hooked
    2. A2LUE42
    3. IO
    4. D1980
    5. damoth
    6. gariceimo
    7. TestTransmission

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

1. Hooked
    2. A2LUE42
    3. IO
    4. D1980
    5. damoth
    6. gariceimo
    7. TestTransmission
    8. Futureguy

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭LadFromLimerick

1. Hooked
    2. A2LUE42
    3. IO
    4. D1980
    5. damoth
    6. gariceimo
    7. TestTransmission
    8. Futureguy
    9. LadFromLimerick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭CR 7

Don't know if ye want to give priority to the lads that went last time, if not, i'll play.

1. Hooked
    2. A2LUE42
    3. IO
    4. D1980
    5. damoth
    6. gariceimo
    7. TestTransmission
    8. Futureguy
    9. LadFromLimerick
    10. Park ji sung

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Hooked

Don't know if ye want to give priority to the lads that went last time, if not, i'll play.

1. Hooked
    2. A2LUE42
    3. IO
    4. D1980
    5. damoth
    6. gariceimo
    7. TestTransmission
    8. Futureguy
    9. LadFromLimerick
    10. Park ji sung

PJS - it's first come, first served. Final ten above!

If anyone needs to drop out, just copy and paste the list minus your name before midday on Monday, thanks.

6 euro a man. Please have exact change on the night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Can i be first reserve?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'd like to get involved in this. Haven't played competitively since youth team and havent played a proper game in about two years. So I'd say I'm fairly useless at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 slappop

I would like to get involved. Is this just once a week? And when will the next game be set up?

slappop wrote: »
    I would like to get involved. Is this just once a week? And when will the next game be set up?

All members welcome. Sign up every Wednesday via this thread. Game currently on Mondays at 7pm on the delta soccer dome. First come first served. But the slot is not booked permanently at the moment. Were booking it one week at a time with no guarantees for next week.

As above slappop!

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    Can i be first reserve?

Shano 88 has first refusal on a slot if someone pulls out so...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Right can I be second reserve?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There might be enough people for a second game by the looks of it!

Thanks Hooked, is there any chance of getting a second game going?? By the looks of it there are enough numbers. and if not i could bring 1 or 2 people?

Thanks Hooked, is there any chance of getting a second game going?? By the looks of it there are enough numbers. and if not i could bring 1 or 2 people?

lads, if ye wish to organise a second game... Fire ahead! I'm not going to get involved. I already organise two other games and have found myself organising this in the OPs absence...

It would prob be best to start a seperate thread to avoid confusion on this one. Delta soccer dome can be contacted on 061 444455. But obviously, ye can play wherever suits ye!

Cheers

Hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'd love an ol game of ball, only problem being I'm a sub for another game on a Monday night @ 8 in raheen (a fairly active sub)

I'll try make it to a game, but i would def be interested if a second one was set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭CR 7

So will there be a poster up again this week to mark the pitch? I'll bring a ball too, to be safe.

So will there be a poster up again this week to mark the pitch? I'll bring a ball too, to be safe.

I'll bring the poster again and please bring a ball. We lost ours out there Wednesday last behind a wall!!!

Please also ensure everyone brings exact change, 6 euro, to speed things up as we have to pay and sign an insurance disclaimer before kick off.

Thanks all

hooked

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are we playing odd numbers versus even numbers again this week?

• Advertisement

Are we playing odd numbers versus even numbers again this week?

I guess so? I'll bring the bibs again and do a list for sign in and teams to speed things up.

Unless you fancy picking teams IO and post em here???

Hooked wrote: »
    I guess so? I'll bring the bibs again and do a list for sign in and teams to speed things up.

I think it's just as handy to do odds and evens again,teams worked out well last week.
    I must congratulate you Hooked on being uber organised.

Hooked wrote: »

As TestTransmission said, numbers and bibs worked perfectly last week.
    After the way I played last week, I'm probably the last person who should be picking teams! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think once we are all settled into a routine of consistant 5-a-side evenings, we should look at an 11-a-side game somewhere. There certainly seems to be the numbers.

I think it's just as handy to do odds and evens again,teams worked out well last week.
    I must congratulate you Hooked on being uber organised.

Awww schucks! As a graphic designer, I just can't turn that switch off - you simplify, plan, layout and structure everything to communicate your ideas as succinctly as possible 40 hours a week and it's bound to spill over into your personal life! Still doesn't stop the lads calling me pedantic pete down the pub!

Odds vs evens it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If you are stuck for a player this evening let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

we should have a quick chat this evening too to see what people want to do regarding taking it a week at a time or block booking etc - if we are going ahead again next week it would be handiest just to book it before we leave there this evening...

I think theres one or two with first choices for open slots tonite.someone can correct me if im wrong

If you want a game at 7, let me know? Its seperate from the lads game but just send me a text from the number above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

damoth wrote: »
    we should have a quick chat this evening too to see what people want to do regarding taking it a week at a time or block booking etc - if we are going ahead again next week it would be handiest just to book it before we leave there this evening...

I haven't been down there yet( another few weeks on the injury list I reckon!) but I guess it would be worth keeping an eye on how busy it is....how many other pitches were in use at the same time? If it's not busy it would probably be handier to take it week by week just or the next few to make sure the interest keeps up. I'm sure it will as there are plenty of people looking to play so far...

Then again, you may have decided something tonight!

Advertisement