Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sights and Sounds of 9/11

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

Cmdr Keen wrote: »
    Would you mind digging it up for us... I can't find anything like that about it online and never seen anything like that in the media on the day or after....

Personnally I think your full of **** tbh...

thanks now i really will go out my way to dig it up for you !......yeah maybe not .wonder why you couldnt find it? ...by the way personally is spelled wrong in your well thought out retort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

catthinkin wrote: »
    thanks now i really will go out my way to dig it up for you !......yeah maybe not .wonder why you couldnt find it? ...by the way personally is spelled wrong in your well thought out retort

Stop deflecting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Clawdeeus

Is this serious? Are you serious? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Documentary was great...V.T. Editors really don't get the credit they deserve. I mean think about it...the greatest show that RTE ever produced doesn't have a host...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Was'nt this ages ago. Why do we keep hearing about it. God help us all when the 10 years anniversery comes around.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

fontanalis wrote: »
    Stop deflecting!

deflecting what??? if you care to search for it i suggest google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Clawdeeus

Mister men wrote: »
    Was'nt this ages ago. Why do we keep hearing about it. God help us all when the 10 years anniversery comes around.:rolleyes:

Go watch big brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

deflecting what??? if you care to search for it i suggest google

I tried google; couldnt find it.
    So, i'll ask nicely; can you plese provide a link/any evidence for your claim that noone seems to be aware of?

Clawdeeus wrote: »
    Go watch big brother.
    Why? It's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I remember reading about the jumpers soon after it happened. Witnesses said that they just became a red mist when they hit the ground as they jumped from so high the force was so great they more or less vapourised.

Also seemingly there was very little left of any bodies/body parts such was the scale of the destruction, so weird.

The part where the people in the apartment were filming the dustcloud coming down the street left me awe struck, the cloud just advanced like a dark monster covering everything and the weird silence.

Wow. Very good documentary and very, very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And capital letters and full stops form a large part of perfect punctuation.

Back up your point or gtfo out tbh.

drkpower wrote: »
    I tried google; couldnt find it.
    So, i'll ask nicely; can you plese provide a link/any evidence for your claim that noone seems to be aware of?
    hi it was reported in the guardian and the observer and the independent newspapers the day after the attacks .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Saw it before. Inside 911 is very good too. Anyoen seen "The Falling Man"? all about the jumpers and how they and their families were treated in the media...very personal accounts of the day in question.

I watched Trouble The Waters (Katrina/New Orleans) on More4 instead last night, also a handheld documentary. Equally disturbing (for different reasons).

Cathinkin, I too would love to see some back up for the claim about people shouting jump to those hanging out windows...I really think you're getting things mixed up. I'd say anyone that had done anything like that on that day would ahve gotten beat down by passers-by...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

hi it was reported in the guardian and the observer and the independent newspapers the day after the attacks .
    The Observer's the Sunday version of the Guardian. The attacks were on a Tuesday, how could they be published in a Sunday paper the next day?

And how many papers did you buy to read the same story?

Certainly dont recall any of that myself.

You said you could find it on google? Do you have any link at all?

the guardian and the observer are the same paper and their archives are interchangable within a search . i did buy a lot of papers on that day as i do most days and read the same account in these two different publications , and it stayed with me to this day as to how horrible those people were , and how history has chosen to forget them .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

the guardian and the observer are the same paper and their archives are interchangable within a search . i did buy a lot of papers on that day as i do most days and read the same account in these two different publications , and it stayed with me to this day as to how horrible those people were , and how history has chosen to forget them .
    Oh, so you've just searched their archives? I'm with you.

You couldn't give us that link at all, could you?

no i dont need to but i am sure you can from there archives i have given you the primary source.

no i dont need to but i am sure you can from there archives i have given you the primary source.

Could you just cut and paste a section of the article please? I'd just like to have a read. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The documentary was really good. The fear in the people on the streets watching it was quite upsetting.

• Advertisement

No chance of that cut and paste, or link, Catthinkin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Yeah good documentary. I'll never forget the day it happened, when the second plane hit it was chilling.... thats the moment it became clear it was terrorists.

Why has catthinkin not been banned yet? I mean seriously?

He's trolling a thread about thousands of people dying in what is easily the most horrific day of the last decade.

the worst day in the last decade ? seriously ? i would tend to disagree and i wasnt trolling it was something i read nowhere did i say i didnt think the day was tragic . but i dont think it has been the most tragic day in the last ten years .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

the worst day in the last decade ? seriously ? i would tend to disagree and i wasnt trolling it was something i read nowhere did i say i didnt think the day was tragic . but i dont think it has been the most tragic day in the last ten years .

What single day had more of an impact on the world than that day in the last 10 years?

Why has catthinkin not been banned yet? I mean seriously?

He's trolling a thread about thousands of people dying in what is easily the most horrific day of the last decade.
    2004 Tsunami 300,000+ people. Ah that's right it was mostly Asians they don't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Mister men wrote: »
    2004 Tsunami 300,000+ people. Ah that's right it was mostly Asians they don't count.

If we're body counting, then absolutely.

If we're talking about global impact then I can't think of anything more major other that 9/11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Just post the link and quit with the BS.

what is easily the most horrific day of the last decade.
    this is what he said and i would disagree whilst it was horrific it is not the most horrific day in the last decade

have given the source

• Advertisement

If we're body counting, then absolutely.

If we're talking about global impact then I can't think of anything more major other that 9/11.
    Lehman brothers and stock market crash had bigger global impact. Imo of course.

Advertisement