Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Rain Risk Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

A lot of rain in West Cork too.
    It got dark earlier than usual and high clouds moving quickly - from south to north direction??
    Will it be the same tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

yr.no are getting in on the at now predicting 45 mm for monday (including ealry hours):eek: hope they wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

SIGMET for Shannon FIR
    EISN SIGMET 04 VALID 051720/051920 EINN- EISN SHANNON FIR/UIR EMBD TS FCST W OF LINE N51 W008 TO N5430 W011 TOP FL360 MOV NE AT 25KT WKN=

VALID 1720-1920Z. EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS FORECAST WEST OF LINE FROM N51 W08 TO N5430 W11, CLOUD TOPS 36,000FT, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25KNOTS AND WEAKENING

126623.png

12hr rainfall totals to 18Z

201009051800_e2_55N010W_R2.gif

Lightning strike reported around Sneem, Co. Kerry, at 20:04 (19:04UTC)

http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/elding.txt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I just walked the dog during a break in the rain. The low cloud was moving ESE to NW but the higher cloud was moving at 90 degrees to it so SW to NE. As I got in the wind suddenly picked up & it's blowing a gale !.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

absolutely loving this rain pound down here in youghal:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

The wind is really starting to pick up in Galway now any1 know what time the worst of the rain will be and how high is the chance of thunderstorms:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    absolutely loving this rain pound down here in youghal:D:D

i bet you'll change your mind after a week of wet weather:p

it's fairly breezy here now, with some light rain. we'll miss the heaviest of the rain that is to come anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Hi all,

Still lurking around here!! :D

It's a "wet and blustry night" here in the North West with showers passing.

I saw the word "thunderstorm" and wondering what are the chances!? :D

While on holiday in Italy I witnessed possibly the most violent storm I have ever seen. Clouds as black as a pint of Guinness and thunder and lightning was very frequent, plenty of loud cracks and rumbles, then hailstones the size of Rasberries - if not bigger!! I've never seen anything quite like it, the hailstones took branches off trees, a real storm!!

Anyway, enough rambling....i'll try and keep you all updated with whats going on in the NW!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Sorry for the double post, Metoffice has an Orange warning out for N.Ireland for tomorrow morning:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html

"Rain will become persistent and occasionally heavy across many parts of Northern Ireland overnight and during Monday. Rainfall totals of 15mm within 3 hours are expected. The rain driven along by strong winds, will allow totals in excess of 50mm to build up in some locations during Monday, especially across areas such as the Sperrins and Mournes."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

While on holiday in Italy I witnessed possibly the most violent storm I have ever seen. Clouds as black as a pint of Guinness and thunder and lightning was very frequent, plenty of loud cracks and rumbles, then hailstones the size of Rasberries - if not bigger!! I've never seen anything quite like it, the hailstones took branches off trees, a real storm!!

Jammy Bastard!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Just saw the netweather radar is showing some heavy pulses making a direct hit for here.:D

The rain is heavy enough here at the moment. This is great althogether, proper start to autumn.

And to think some folk had the cheek to complain about the floods last november.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭fishmahboi

Anybody got any idea how heavy the rain will be in the east after midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Wind has picked up here,still just crappy drizzle falling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

lashing rain here at the moment and very windy...hopefully some thunder later??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Aboustely pourin down in Waterford its really heavy with heavy winds aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

if the dutch had ireland they would feed the world,
    if the irish had holland they would drown.

its pissing heavy out , buckets of it, and not a working drain in sight...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭iguana2005

Unusually heavy downpours with lighting and thunder down south! Tis like winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just lost my sat signal :( (note to self after tweaking it - tighten it!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dexter647 wrote: »
    lashing rain here at the moment and very windy...hopefully some thunder later??:)
    Where in Laois are you? I am near Rathdowney and it is absolutely hammering down.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

mike65 wrote: »
    Just lost my sat signal :( (note to self after tweaking it - tighten it!)

Nope it's not just you. My Sky just went out. Oh wait it's back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

some_dose wrote: »
    Nope it's not just you. My Sky just went out. Oh wait it's back

Yep my tightening was fine, it is/was the whole shebang.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Pouring rain here in Thurles : and very very windy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It's very blustery and wet here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Haddockman wrote: »
    Where in Laois are you? I am near Rathdowney and it is absolutely hammering down.

just a mile or so outside ballacolla so getting the same torrent your experiencing i'd imagine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

all quiet here,had heavy hazy rain from late afternoon which stopped an hour or so ago,slight breeze now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ocassional light drizzle here in Dublin city centre, looks like the main event is a couple of hours away.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

RobitTV wrote: »
    Aboustely pourin down in Waterford its really heavy with heavy winds aswell!

Just to add at stat to that post, rain rate at the moment here is 6.7mm per hour. Very heavy stuff with loss of sat signal for a while but back now so i can see Murray lose lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Forecasted rain for 2am tonight

3hr_rain_1.gif

Advertisement