Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Disappointing level par round on the last day. Pity, as things were looking promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭stevensi

Was checking out the money list for 2016 and noticed that most of the players on the list have 4 to 6 events played so far (Harrington has 3) but I only recall 2 events in 2016. Are there events in 2015 that are included in 2016 but not in 2015? Seems strange and a little difficult to follow. Padraig has collected a nice payheck already with nearly a quarter of a million dollars in the bank...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

stevensi wrote: »
    Was checking out the money list for 2016 and noticed that most of the players on the list have 4 to 6 events played so far (Harrington has 3) but I only recall 2 events in 2016. Are there events in 2015 that are included in 2016 but not in 2015? Seems strange and a little difficult to follow. Padraig has collected a nice payheck already with nearly a quarter of a million dollars in the bank...

Yes - it's called the wrap around season - basically starts straight after the tour championship has finished

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭stevensi

Thanks for that. A little difficult to follow but at least he's off to a decent start for the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Great interview with Ian Dempsey this morning ( as usual ) .

http://www.todayfm.com/Iano-Chats-To-Padraig-Harrington-In-His-Kitchen-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Great interview with Ian Dempsey this morning ( as usual ) .

http://www.todayfm.com/Iano-Chats-To-Padraig-Harrington-In-His-Kitchen-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Can't help but notice the hurl and the sliotar on the floor as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Poor putting week from Pod last time out. Should suit his game at Pebble. Noticed he plays a lot of practice rounds with Ricky Barnes, around same age must be mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Poor putting week from Pod last time out. Should suit his game at Pebble. Noticed he plays a lot of practice rounds with Ricky Barnes, around same age must be mates.

Himself and Ricky both use Wilson Staff, I'd say that's the connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ricky is a good bit younger (maybe 10+ years or so). Possibly their friendship comes from when he came to Ireland and Scotland many years ago and to play in a few invites on the European tour including the K-Club European Open and I think it was Baltray for Irish Open. He was supposed to be the next great thing and there was a lot of hype about him. Had a good caddy lined up for the 3 events and maybe more. It turned out he was just over on the piss and his caddy didn't even bother travelling to Scotland with him as I recall. The caddy has since done pretty well for himself but we don't see much of Ricky any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Steady start 2under after 9 holes, tied 38 th

sword1 wrote: »
    Steady start 2under after 9 holes, tied 38 th

Got it to 3 under and now will be teeing off shortly in Pebble Beach....featured group on Sky red button.

Tied for 9th, looking forward to an interesting weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

What a horrible way to finish, three putting from absolutely nowhere after 2 fine shots on the Par 5 18th.

Should have been in a much better position going into the weekend.

Just 1 under for the round. Disappointing bogey to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,805 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Padraig going well on back nine now -7 (T17)

When he goes well - he is normally about 1/2 the leading score (leader -13 after 11) - this normally gets you on the edge of top ten but not challenging.

Jaysus - Bill Murray is a head wrecker.
    Awful swing

Out early so I would expect him to fall back the rankings later, if he could have been - 3 yesterday he would be well up there, still good to be where he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

No harm with a birdie at 9th hole. -9 overall. (T9 at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Finished with a fine 67 - 6 birdies and only 1 dropped shot. Tied 11th with only a couple of players still to finish. Must be playing pretty well tee to green as his stats for the round show -1.256 shots for putting. No shot tracker info on today's course.

• Advertisement

P is off out. Bogey on the 1st but got one back on the second to remain at -9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Another sloppy bogey and making a total mess of the par 3 now. Out of contention already. Shame. :(

Shane and Padraig both +2 so far today. Disappointing.

Having a bit of a meltdown, three bogeys in a row.

Five bogies and two birdies in the first 9 :eek:

Front 9 killed him today, finished on -7 in a tie for 21st.

Well moved up to 126th in the world, better than down I suppose. :) Next up playing in Northern Trust Open this week, not sure who else is in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ruu wrote: »
    Well moved up to 126th in the world, better than down I suppose. :) Next up playing in Northern Trust Open this week, not sure who else is in the field.

One of the best fields so far I'd say. Rory playing for the first time at riviera. Speith is in the field and Adam Scott is back for his first tournament of 2016 I think. Add in casey, bubba, Sergio, schwartzel as well

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭lettuce97

Can we get off this page number before he tees off??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

lettuce97 wrote: »
    Can we get off this page number before he tees off??

Almost 10k posts which might mean a new thread if this was a soccer forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement