Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

In water again at his fourth.

Water is Harringtons Kryptonite
    back at the US PGA in 09 he imploded at a water hole. Just like he had done the week previous in the WGC. Both times he was in contention.
    He needs some serious gym work on the brain again to stop hittin it into the flippin water.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,859 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Drove onto green at par 4 15th and 3 putted for par, very disappointing

But he managed to avoid the water on the 16th for a par:)

craked a drive down the fairway on 17...A bird will get him on the cut line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Birdie fest on the front 9, calling it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Considering half the competition have not started yet he is going to at least 2, probably 3 birdies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

I think he's in trouble here...needs a couple of birdies to be safe but putter seems cold...

Had one inside 10 ft that I would hoping would have dropped but he is running out of time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Ruu wrote: »
    Had one inside 10 ft that I would hoping would have dropped but he is running out of time here.

Bad start today alright. Seems to have settled down though. Giving himself birdie putts of about 9 or 10 feet on last few holes.... just needs to start sinking a couple and he'll be ok (says I with toes crossed).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bad start today alright. Seems to have settled down though. Giving himself birdie putts of about 9 or 10 feet on last few holes.... just needs to start sinking a couple and he'll be ok (says I with toes crossed).

He'd nearly wanna start soon...6 holes left and he needs at least 2 you'd have to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Keep calm lads.

The ledge has got this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

fullstop wrote: »
    He'd nearly wanna start soon...6 holes left and he needs at least 2 you'd have to think.

No room for error now but needs 2 birdies....not looking good but at least there's a par 5 to.come....ironically seems to be driving very well today but can't put a score together!

Not looking good, found the green side bunker on the par 3 there and got a bogey out of it. E for the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Get it together Paddy ffs, come on lets see a few birdies!!

Get it together Paddy ffs, come on lets see a few birdies!!

Not looking great now, have to say!! (Still..... only 43 yard to hole in two on the Par 5.... birdie chance... what an optimistic lot we are...)

:)

Yes, got the birdie, that's one back. Come on Paddy....!

And.........back to even!!

:(

Bogey. Bird. Bogey. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Feck it anyway. Just from memory it seems like this has happened a lot to Paddy this season, would be interested to see his stats by 1st round, 2nd round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Another total horror show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Another shocking week.

Actually in danger of dropping outside the top 70 in the Fedex Cup despite having a win this year, just shows how poorly he's been playing aside from the Honda.
    And made a mess of the Par 5 16th, another awful round.
    You could argue he's only played well one week this season.
    Another poor showing, hasn't been able to put two decent rounds back to back since the Honda.
    Terrible stuff so far, another week scratching around trying to make the cut. :(
    Disappointing day, plenty of others have moved right through the field from similar starting positions today.

Needs to start picking up some decent finishes.

I think I'm beginning to spot a common theme here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

abff wrote: »
    I think I'm beginning to spot a common theme here.

The common theme being Paddy's poor golf?

All that great work undone, too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I'd say he is just keeping the big one for the Open.

Gonna be a great weekend for him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ruu wrote: »
    All that great work undone, too bad.

Bummer. He was looking good after the first round. :(

PARlance wrote: »
    The common theme being Paddy's poor golf?

I guess that depends on your perspective. There are those of us that celebrate his triumphs and are sad when things don't go so well, there are others who see everything through rose coloured spectacles and there are some who only comment when things are going badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I guess that depends on your perspective. There are those of us that celebrate his triumphs and are sad when things don't go so well, there are others who see everything through rose coloured spectacles and there are some who only comment when things are going badly.

And I'm assuming you mistook that poster for the latter, which he's not.
    Not that I should be speaking for him but it's clear to see he is a fan of Paddy on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

And then there are those of us who call it exactly as it is, which is what the poster in question did.. minus the rose tinted glasses obviously. Looking at Paddy's season results on the PGA tour site would make Cabrera look consistent.

PARlance wrote: »
    And I'm assuming you mistook that poster for the latter, which he's not.
    Not that I should be speaking for him but it's clear to see he is a fan of Paddy on this thread.

Fair enough. I went back a bit further and I can see that he is a fan. Apologies for dragging the thread off topic.

Anyway, I see that Padraig is taking this week off and playing in the Scottish Open next week. Hopefully, we'll see a return to form next week and it's certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could put in a strong challenge for The Open in two weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Fair enough. I went back a bit further and I can see that he is a fan. Apologies for dragging the thread off topic.

Anyway, I see that Padraig is taking this week off and playing in the Scottish Open next week. Hopefully, we'll see a return to form next week and it's certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could put in a strong challenge for The Open in two weeks time.

The year Todd Hamilton won The Open he had won The Honda Classic earlier that season wink.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement