Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭blackcard

Very poor coverage of PH so far. Have shown no approach shots whilst they have shown all of Luke's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Birdie:D:D

And he parred the hole he double bogied yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

blackcard wrote: »
    Very poor coverage of PH so far. Have shown no approach shots whilst they have shown all of Luke's

I was thinking the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Old diesel wrote: »
    And he parred the hole he double bogied yesterday :)

Don't worry he made up for it with a double on 8. Wouldn't be surprised to see him finish outside top 30 now

fullstop wrote: »
    Don't worry he made up for it with a double on 8. Wouldn't be surprised to see him finish outside top 30 now

Its disappointing :(

Was expecting him to struggle after yesterdays back 9 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Needs to step up to the plate and have a good back nine, come on Paddy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

blackcard wrote: »

I was about to get on here to say the same thing. I'm really starting to get very p*ssed off at Sky and they way they constantly focus on English players and ignore Irish players unless they are leading or very close to the lead.

He's +3 today. If he was under par we'd see plenty of him

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

Lowry was top 10 consistently last season and we saw fcuk all of him

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

abff wrote: »
    I was about to get on here to say the same thing. I'm really starting to get very p*ssed off at Sky and they way they constantly focus on English players and ignore Irish players unless they are leading or very close to the lead.

Not only the English players. We are seeing alot of Ricky Fowler also.
    The discrepancy between Luke Donald's and Padraig's coverage earlier on in the round was blatantly obvious though. They were playing together on the same score and we were getting all Donald's shots and only Padraig's putts

• Advertisement

its tough for Padraig - because he will have been trying his best - but its not working out for him.

The last 9 yesterday messed him up because he was flying up until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It all went wrong when Paddy missed that Eagle put yesterday. Such a mental game.

It all went wrong when Paddy missed that Eagle put yesterday. Such a mental game.

I think going bogie, double bogie - and bogie again at 3 consecutive holes and going from -7 to -2 by the end of the round finished him off.

You always felt that even at just one shot off the leaders after yesterdays round that it was going to be so hard.

Its very much a mental game as you say.

Birdie at 12 (according to the leaderboard

Edit - sadly gives it back on 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Another poor showing, hasn't been able to put two decent rounds back to back since the Honda.

Another poor showing, hasn't been able to put two decent rounds back to back since the Honda.

Its a shame - the first 27 holes were amazing - but hes struggled ever since :(:(:(:(:(

He has played some decent golf since the Honda - the issue has been consistency in an event - for example the week before the Masters he was flying and went to -9 but it was completely spoiled by a few nightmare holes

Real horror show today :( From one behind starting the round, he's now 13 behind!

fullstop wrote: »
    Real horror show today :( From one behind starting the round, he's now 13 behind!

How high up the leaderboard does he need to be to get world ranking points - I think he will be leaving with zero this week.

Thing is though - however frustrating it is for us watching - it must be horrible for the man himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ouch, all gone horribly wrong today..

• Advertisement

Not sure how hes going to even make it to the course tomorrow after today

Molinari had a disaster of a round like Padraigs as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

He can't play well every week lads give the man a break

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

On a tough course to get to -7 you'd imagine has to mean you're playing great so by the end of Saturday to be +5 should no way be a possibility. But tobh it's more or less what you'd expect to happen with Padraig, despite his win this year.

ForeRight wrote: »
    He can't play well every week lads give the man a break

As ive said before on this tread - and said again a few posts ago - when things go wrong - its much more horrible for the man himself.

Im gutted for HIM.

Hes just after saying now that "he struggled on the greens" and "missed too many putts"

He looks drained and disappointed

pelevin wrote: »
    On a tough course to get to -7 you'd imagine has to mean you're playing great so by the end of Saturday to be +5 should no way be a possibility. But tobh it's more or less what you'd expect to happen with Padraig, despite his win this year.

Yes Padraig is flawed - but even when down to 350th or whatever in the world - he was still in the top 1/3 of golfers in the world because one of the interesting things ive discovered recently is that the Golf world rankings has over 1500 guys in it.

Actually in this event alone - if the info is accurate on the leaderboard - there was SIX guys in the Irish Open this week at 1580 in the world and another chap at 1581. Didn't even realise the world rankings went that far until I looked it up some time ago

As said - hes got his flaws - and you've highlighted one of his key flaws.

The week before the masters he was at an event - and went to 9 under - similar to his -7 yesterday - except it was in the 3rd round rather then the second. Was flying - and then had a nightmare few wholes to take him from -9 to -3.

had a bad day today obviously - crap happens

However I still like the guy :D

Its weird really - typically in an event like this - or a PGA tour event there could be 140 to 150 guys starting.

Yet for all his faults - if he makes a cut - he has beaten half the field

Was unlucky not to qualify for the US open last Monday - VERY VERY unlucky missed out by a shot.

So hes flawed - but not THAT BAD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Old diesel wrote: »

had a bad day today obviously - crap happens

However I still like the guy :D

I like him too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Another roller coaster today, unfortunately. Two under after five holes and he has since gone bogey, double bogey at the 7th and 8th to fall back to one over for the day.

abff wrote: »
    Another roller coaster today, unfortunately. Two under after five holes and he has since gone bogey, double bogey at the 7th and 8th to fall back to one over for the day.

Was always going to be the way after the nightmare yesterday.

Very very hard to bounce back from that really

+3 for the day - another nightmare day

• Advertisement

It got worse at 15 with a triple bogie - but amazingly - he goes off to the next hole and birdies it.

5 over for the day with one hole to play.

It seems unbelievable to talk of positives on a weekend like this - but the first 27 holes - he was sublime - such a shame it all went so horribly wrong after that.

I still see the first 27 holes as a positive - because it shows us what he can do - at his best. That's important for him going forward.

But this flaw of starting okay - or good to very good - and then having nightmare holes - often leading to nightmare rounds - that's a major challenge - and its holding him back badly.

Id even argue its a bigger issue then his putting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement