Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Tournament] [25-27/02/11] World Game Cup 2011, Cannes - France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Voa wrote: »
    Anyone brining a laptop? I kinda need some way to charge my MP3 player, but it only has a USB cable for power.

Will it charge off a console? I plan on bringing my xbox.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm bringing a netbook and I have an xbox copy of MvC3 with me.

Doctor Doom, covering all your bases.

Shall we meet up tomorrow or just see each other in the departure lounge?

Meet at the check in area of Terminal 2. I'm getting the Airlink bus from Heuston.

Do Aer Lingus use online check-in? Not flown with them in a long time.

Meet at the check in area of Terminal 2. I'm getting the Airlink bus from Heuston.

Do Aer Lingus use online check-in? Not flown with them in a long time.

I tried it with their website when I was flying for business but it didn't work but that could be an accounts issue as it wasn't on my personal card.

What time do you want to meet at?

More importantly, is there a place I can get a fried breakfast in terminal 2? I can't fly without one, tis a tradition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Guys I fly with Aer Lingus all the time, you can definitely web check in, but if your check-in details don't match your booking details it just bounces you back to the main page without telling you why :mad:

Most common thing that caught me was that my booking didn't prepay for checked baggage, but I was inputting 1 bag on the check-in form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Will it charge off a console? I plan on bringing my xbox.
    If you're bringing your 360 is there any point in me bringing mine, or visa versa? I assume there wont be two TVs in our hotel room.
    And I used to charge my camera off the 360s in the XGC, so I assume that'll work grand.

I don't mind bringing my console if you want to.

Eh. I'll lug mine along anyways. I'm sure we'll find some use for an extra 360 over the six days :pac:

EDIT: Also, just to be absoloutely sure, I assume there's no issue with putting my stick in the carry on luggage?

EDIT Again: Anyone getting buses from the city into the airport? I think the Aircoach goes from O'Connell St every 20 minutes or so, so I'm getting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hey Fergus, I'm going to put Skatan in the f*&king ground. :D

Record the match \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sairus wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, just to be absoloutely sure, I assume there's no issue with putting my stick in the carry on luggage?

EDIT Again: Anyone getting buses from the city into the airport? I think the Aircoach goes from O'Connell St every 20 minutes or so, so I'm getting that.

There shouldn't be any issues putting the stick in your bag but personnally I wouldn't. I just think it's too much to put into a checked bag, wouldn't trust it in the hold.

I haven't actually decided what bus I'm getting. You could always get the 41,16a or 747 from O'Connell St and save a few bob. Which reminds me, the flight is 10:45, right?

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    There shouldn't be any issues putting the stick in your bag but personnally I wouldn't. I just think it's too much to put into a checked bag, wouldn't trust it in the hold.

I haven't actually decided what bus I'm getting. You could always get the 41,16a or 747 from O'Connell St and save a few bob. Which reminds me, the flight is 10:45, right?

Sorry, I think I phrased my question wrong. I mean, can I bring my stick in the bag I'm bringing on the plane with me? I assume ye that didn't take the option for a check-in bag are taking your sticks onto the plane with you?

The flight is indeed 10:45.
    Anything that saves me some of my precious moneys sounds good to me :D Cheapo buses all the way!

However, to highlight my noobtacular flying skills again, how early do we need to be there, and what sort of ticket do we need to bring?
    Or do we check in at the airport and they give us tickets or some such?

Finally, web check in is asking me to pick a seat number. Are yee sitting anywhere in particular, or do we just go random select?

Aer Lingus charge to select a seat.

Should be sit wherever we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I hate all you guys :(

You somehow managed to spend all your months wages in a week. It's your own fault.

9 am in terminal 2 then?

Sounds good. See y'all then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

So lads, can we expect twitter/facebook/irc/forumupdates with Text/Photos/Videos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No chopper, I'm not paying 230 euro for a flight to france is all. 191 was grand, 230 is not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Xinkai wrote: »
    No chopper, I'm not paying 230 euro for a flight to france is all. 191 was grand, 230 is not worth it.

That's a weird cut off point.

I'm sure you could have made up the €39 by being sensible in a couple of meals, or skimping on alcohol.

In essence: pack a lunch.

Bento box

• Advertisement

So lads, can we expect twitter/facebook/irc/forumupdates with Text/Photos/Videos ?

I'll do my best but if last year is anything to go by the internet has dried up in Cannes, and people fight like animals in the streets for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'll do my best but if last year is anything to go by the internet has dried up in Cannes, and people fight like animals in the streets for it.

no excuse. you have roaming on your Bri-phone. The odd hilarious anecdote of the days events, we're not looking for full on documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kurama_tengu

Stream testing now: please watch us prepare for the event!

Watch the STREAM Via our partners websites:

Gameblog.fr : http://www.gameblog.fr/wgc2011.php
    &
    EventHubs : http://www.eventhubs.com/

Raw Console Stream:http://www.ustream.tv/channel/neo-arcadia

Raw Arcade Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wgc-arcade-tournaments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Don't forget the match with Skatan! :D

currently they keep saying Lei Lei.

Kiki would nut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Best of luck lads!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

good luck to all..

Why on the stream have they got commentators, when there both letting the annoying guy with the microphone shout when ever someone gets a throw...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Managed to post in completely the wrong thread but anyway they have evil ryu and Akuma unlocked on the arcade stream there

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Is there a stream for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

6a00d83451e1dc69e201053685fce7970c-800wi

*aww **** didnt work on the next page

Advertisement