Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Tournament] [25-27/02/11] World Game Cup 2011, Cannes - France

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nah. Comfort > Chunkis travellling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

lol chunkis travelling.

But you weren't so comfortable when we were walking to the hotel with your two bags? :pac:

Orim wrote: »
    lol chunkis travelling.

But you weren't so comfortable when we were walking to the hotel with your two bags? :pac:

This is true.

This time however I am enforcing a strict bus-when-carrying-heavy-bag rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This is true.

This time however I am enforcing a strict bus-when-carrying-heavy-bag rule.

I think we can get the train from the airport to Cannes, which from what I remember would leave us way closer to the hotel.

I think we can get the train from the airport to Cannes, which from what I remember would leave us way closer to the hotel.

I am sure at this point you are well aware of my moaning capacity while walking under heavy load.

Is it THAT close? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kurama_tengu

Final News UPDATE

Online registration is closed for CONSOLE tournaments

Apart, of course, from the SSF4 MADCATZ MASTER SERIES for which registration will ONLY be available at the venue: http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=10383

Be advised that you STILL can register for most ARCADE tournaments now online, or later at the venue (until pools are filled).

ATTENTION: Extra cost of €5/player/tournament at the venue.

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION - TEAM 3VS3 REGISTRATION - EUROPEAN TOUGEKI QUALIFICATION SPOT
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GSVFWDSHWB3BQ

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 ULTIMATE MATCH - SOLO REGISTRATION:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=U9ZSMY4N9FYKJ

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2X - TEAM 2VS2 REGISTRATION:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PB6BVZGAM5BVQ

STREET FIGHTER III THIRD STRIKE - TEAM 2VS2 REGISTRATION:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=E7CZ66ETFC3TY

GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE - TEAM 2VS2 REGISTRATION:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=5CWFZT8H52FXG

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII - TEAM 2VS2 REGISTRATION:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=L2A37J2PGGBLC

Please check the registrants' list on the Gnouz Corp.'s forums:
    http://www.gnouz-corporation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=222

ATTENTION: the information written on these forums are copied from admin files, and are as such considered good valid information. Please contact us ASAP is some of the information is missing/wrong.

PREPARE FOR THE STREAM:

Raw Console Stream: http://en.justin.tv/gnouzcorp

Raw Arcade Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/neo-arcadia

The draw for all the console tournaments has been made.

Links for all the tournaments we're registered for:

SSFIV Solo Page 1

SSFIV Solo Page 2

SSFIV Solo Page 3

SSFIV Solo Page 4

SSFIV Teams

BB:CS Solo

MvC3 Solo

All the rest of the groups for console events can be found here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Sairus repping the Rose with Luffy love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Sairus repping the Rose with Luffy love it
    I laughed when I saw those groups this morning. ****ing typical :rolleyes:

Here man some hands on experience with probably the worlds best Rose cannot be a bad thing for you!!

• Advertisement

Here man some hands on experience with probably the worlds best Rose cannot be a bad thing for you!!

How dare you bring silver linings into my moping!

You mustn't have watched the Beat By stream. Sako is the worlds best Rose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

...how did they know I play Tager 0.o

You had to tell them when you registered.

Either that or they searched for Voa Blazblue in youtube.

Hey Fergus, I'm going to put Skatan in the f*&king ground. :D

@Voa: Yes, I did my share of webcrawling to complete the lists (and learned a lot of not-so-interesting stuff by reading really old blogs...)

@all: My apologies for the lack of update today, I'm cleaning my flat/packing/cooking tasty snacks and it takes a lot of time... I'll update the website/spam the forums later tonight ^^.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It takes a lot of time to spam forums like that man, each one having slightly different formatting..ugh, respect.

How many do you post to?

50+ or something, 6h worth of work.

Can someone bring a copy of MvC3 with them tomorrow? I can supply BBCS and SSFIV, but I'm still lacking in the MvC3 department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Anyone brining a laptop? I kinda need some way to charge my MP3 player, but it only has a USB cable for power.

Voa wrote: »
    Anyone brining a laptop? I kinda need some way to charge my MP3 player, but it only has a USB cable for power.

Will it charge off a console? I plan on bringing my xbox.

I'm bringing a netbook and I have an xbox copy of MvC3 with me.

Doctor Doom, covering all your bases.

Shall we meet up tomorrow or just see each other in the departure lounge?

Meet at the check in area of Terminal 2. I'm getting the Airlink bus from Heuston.

Do Aer Lingus use online check-in? Not flown with them in a long time.

Meet at the check in area of Terminal 2. I'm getting the Airlink bus from Heuston.

Do Aer Lingus use online check-in? Not flown with them in a long time.

I tried it with their website when I was flying for business but it didn't work but that could be an accounts issue as it wasn't on my personal card.

What time do you want to meet at?

More importantly, is there a place I can get a fried breakfast in terminal 2? I can't fly without one, tis a tradition :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Guys I fly with Aer Lingus all the time, you can definitely web check in, but if your check-in details don't match your booking details it just bounces you back to the main page without telling you why :mad:

Most common thing that caught me was that my booking didn't prepay for checked baggage, but I was inputting 1 bag on the check-in form.

• Advertisement

Will it charge off a console? I plan on bringing my xbox.
    If you're bringing your 360 is there any point in me bringing mine, or visa versa? I assume there wont be two TVs in our hotel room.
    And I used to charge my camera off the 360s in the XGC, so I assume that'll work grand.

I don't mind bringing my console if you want to.

Eh. I'll lug mine along anyways. I'm sure we'll find some use for an extra 360 over the six days :pac:

EDIT: Also, just to be absoloutely sure, I assume there's no issue with putting my stick in the carry on luggage?

EDIT Again: Anyone getting buses from the city into the airport? I think the Aircoach goes from O'Connell St every 20 minutes or so, so I'm getting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hey Fergus, I'm going to put Skatan in the f*&king ground. :D

Record the match \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sairus wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, just to be absoloutely sure, I assume there's no issue with putting my stick in the carry on luggage?

EDIT Again: Anyone getting buses from the city into the airport? I think the Aircoach goes from O'Connell St every 20 minutes or so, so I'm getting that.

There shouldn't be any issues putting the stick in your bag but personnally I wouldn't. I just think it's too much to put into a checked bag, wouldn't trust it in the hold.

I haven't actually decided what bus I'm getting. You could always get the 41,16a or 747 from O'Connell St and save a few bob. Which reminds me, the flight is 10:45, right?

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    There shouldn't be any issues putting the stick in your bag but personnally I wouldn't. I just think it's too much to put into a checked bag, wouldn't trust it in the hold.

I haven't actually decided what bus I'm getting. You could always get the 41,16a or 747 from O'Connell St and save a few bob. Which reminds me, the flight is 10:45, right?

Sorry, I think I phrased my question wrong. I mean, can I bring my stick in the bag I'm bringing on the plane with me? I assume ye that didn't take the option for a check-in bag are taking your sticks onto the plane with you?

The flight is indeed 10:45.
    Anything that saves me some of my precious moneys sounds good to me :D Cheapo buses all the way!

However, to highlight my noobtacular flying skills again, how early do we need to be there, and what sort of ticket do we need to bring?
    Or do we check in at the airport and they give us tickets or some such?

Finally, web check in is asking me to pick a seat number. Are yee sitting anywhere in particular, or do we just go random select?

Aer Lingus charge to select a seat.

Should be sit wherever we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I hate all you guys :(

You somehow managed to spend all your months wages in a week. It's your own fault.

9 am in terminal 2 then?

Sounds good. See y'all then.

So lads, can we expect twitter/facebook/irc/forumupdates with Text/Photos/Videos ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No chopper, I'm not paying 230 euro for a flight to france is all. 191 was grand, 230 is not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Xinkai wrote: »
    No chopper, I'm not paying 230 euro for a flight to france is all. 191 was grand, 230 is not worth it.

That's a weird cut off point.

I'm sure you could have made up the €39 by being sensible in a couple of meals, or skimping on alcohol.

In essence: pack a lunch.

Bento box

• Advertisement

So lads, can we expect twitter/facebook/irc/forumupdates with Text/Photos/Videos ?

I'll do my best but if last year is anything to go by the internet has dried up in Cannes, and people fight like animals in the streets for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'll do my best but if last year is anything to go by the internet has dried up in Cannes, and people fight like animals in the streets for it.

no excuse. you have roaming on your Bri-phone. The odd hilarious anecdote of the days events, we're not looking for full on documentary.

Stream testing now: please watch us prepare for the event!

Watch the STREAM Via our partners websites:

Gameblog.fr : http://www.gameblog.fr/wgc2011.php
    &
    EventHubs : http://www.eventhubs.com/

Raw Console Stream:http://www.ustream.tv/channel/neo-arcadia

Raw Arcade Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wgc-arcade-tournaments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Don't forget the match with Skatan! :D

currently they keep saying Lei Lei.

Kiki would nut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Best of luck lads!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

good luck to all..

Why on the stream have they got commentators, when there both letting the annoying guy with the microphone shout when ever someone gets a throw...

Managed to post in completely the wrong thread but anyway they have evil ryu and Akuma unlocked on the arcade stream there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Is there a stream for this?

• Advertisement

6a00d83451e1dc69e201053685fce7970c-800wi

*aww **** didnt work on the next page

Advertisement