Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Locke & Key [Netflix]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.6: I really thought..

there was gonna be a fight at the start of that episode .. like a surprise fight.. but now it's gonna be a planned fight next episode.

That sucked so bad for Erin. A "let's split up moment" without saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Just finished season 2.

Definitely a step down from season 1 I really like the concept but the writing is poor, characters make poor decisions so that the plot can go in a certain way or not being suspicious of behavior for reasons, like Bode never mentioned to Kinsey that Gabe came over to use the ghost key, that never came up over dinner? I got really frustrated by the way people just casually left keys lying around and so many times people would use the head key while leaving the door to their room wide open. I enjoy the concept but some of the writing is really clunky at times. Some interesting things lined up for season 3 though.

2.7: Uh oh!

It's like.. a demon making key I think. So.. maybe an upcoming army of demons.

Duncan saying goodbye to Erin felt deeper than the losing Erin scene. Felt like they'd given enough time to invest in Duncans story for it but not enough for Erins story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

On episode 7 myself and in my increasingly large book of clichés or tropes that should probably die?

When characters confidently announce (usually to stirring music) "it ends [today|tonight]". There are 3 more episodes after this folks; it clearly doesn't. 😂

2.8: Alright, alright, that's

the origin story of the keys and keymaking then.

lining up now for a .. I'm guessing.. confrontation with Gabe episode and then a battle, save the day/cliffhanger and wrap up finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I got it in my head to go back and watch the trailer for the cancelled version that starred Sarah Bolger and Miranda Otto

And while I was looking I stumbled on this

Full pilot. Haven't watched it yet myself and only 360p but thought some here may be interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good find. I hadn't known there was a cancelled pilot out there. Weird seeing familiar beats and moments with a different cast. It's all a bit flatter than the netflix show, maybe that's just me. Has that distinct "network television" vibe about it.

2.9: Oh 😲

Jackies gone?!!? 😲 Didn't even ping on my radar as a possibility!

And! Rufus's mother is back!

Earlier I thought the performance of the mother, Nina Locke (Darby Stanchfield), turned up to an 11 for the trauma of all the events happening around her. The performance level was like a sea change.

annnnd finished season 2.. Overall, it was alright. Dragged down a bit by a noticeable dip in quality in the middle of the season I think.. highlighted by a return to form in the last two episodes.

At the end I was picking up some vibes of

Narnia with the passing of the magic from one generation to the next

2.10: I think the

battle and the wings and how it all went down at the house was done well but also like

Rusfus's mother coming back and the writers remembering Lucas (cos I forgot!)

Then Bode and the mother looking through the memories!

Then Eden! 😲This soldier dude looks like he could be a pretty mean baddie next season. I assume it might end up a bit of him vs (his decendent?) Mr. Bennett, the new teacher from the school.

Future: Well.. it's setup for a season 3 and looks like it could be good. Given this seasons dip, I'd be hoping they release it during a lull so it doesn't get distracted from too much.

• Advertisement

Just from the trailer it looks a bit more raw/scary and less child friendly from the netflix version.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,119 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looking forward to it, especially the redcoat captain's especially plummy English accent lol

Full trailer for the final season which drops August 10th

Classic Netflix 3 season cut off. This feels to have come around very quickly; can't have been a year?

Love that plummy English accent of the evil captain.

Looks like they might have a nice neat idea for finishing it off.

Time Travel to stop the keys ever being made maybe .. i dunno.

Yeah what gives! Or was it just a big gap between 1 and 2.. I can't remember.

Well, if my own post is to be believed, Season 2 dropped end of October so yeah - it'll be less than a year between seasons. Maybe CoVid jiggered with the scheduling a little?

Ah right, I see it

1 -> 2 was about a year and a bit

but

2 -> is less than a year

• Advertisement

Final season drops on Wednesday.

Season 3 is out in the wild.

Probably one of the worst seasons of TV I've ever watched.

Yikes. Watched only the first episode of season 3 but has lost all momentum and energy for it. Good to know I wasn't missing much.

Doubled down on all the worst aspects, characters making stupid decisions and refusing to communicate with each other unless of course they're against the clock in which case they stop to state the obvious to each other. I watched the last two episodes at 1.25 speed.

Advertisement