Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Locke & Key [Netflix]

13»

Comments

• Excellent news It took the guts of a decade and 3/4 networks trying to get it to screen so good to see it will get a decent run now.

• Back to back I wonder, just in case of more lockdowns? A young enough cast after all so might make sense to get as much filmed as possible. Glad to hear it though. Was a very enjoyable, surprisingly dark show

• pixelburp wrote: »
    Back to back I wonder, just in case of more lockdowns? A young enough cast after all so might make sense to get as much filmed as possible. Glad to hear it though. Was a very enjoyable, surprisingly dark show

Surprisingly dark? Have you read the comic it's based on though? The show went for a much lighter tone throughout and I felt neutered a lot of what made the comic so powerful and unsettling.

• Surprisingly dark? Have you read the comic it's based on though? The show went for a much lighter tone throughout and I felt neutered a lot of what made the comic so powerful and unsettling.

Never read the comics and didn't know much of the original material. But yeah, I'd call any show that casually killed a kid by shoving him Infront of a train "dark" :D Still an air of light adventure, but not without a sense of danger either

• I'm halfway through the series and I'm enjoying it. I haven't read the comics but I have read a couple of Joe's books and they creeped the bejaysus out of me (Heart Shaped Box, anyone?) so I was expecting this to be a bit scary but thank fook it isn't. Glad there's another couple of seasons in the works. It's an intriguing story

• Advertisement

• pixelburp wrote: »
    Never read the comics and didn't know much of the original material. But yeah, I'd call any show that casually killed a kid by shoving him Infront of a train "dark" :D Still an air of light adventure, but not without a sense of danger either

Ha! Touché.
    I kind of envy anyone who can go into the show clean with no expectations, enjoying the show on its own merit, but for me it was a constant comparison to the comic unfortunately.
    It's honestly one of my favourite comics (if not all-time favourite). Once the show has ended, I'd strongly recommend those who enjoyed the show to pick up the comic, even those who aren't usually fans of the medium.

• Just finished this and whilst I enjoyed it overall some of the decisions made by characters just really annoyed me;
    like Ellie taking the key to the crown with her when she went to get the crown and why Bodie never once went back to Chamberlain to ask what the hell was going on
    I feel like there's a lot of mythos that we're not getting which I hope is explored in future seasons, I've not read the comics so I don't know how loyal an adaptation it is, not very loyal tonally by the looks of some posts above but I feel like the show is making these choices to develop them later when it just seems unnatural for the characters. As I said I enjoyed it overall though.

• Season 2 will arrive some time in October, no exact date yet

• Season 2 releases October 22nd

• A show I had completely forgotten about; so much of that going on with the Year That Wasn't. This rode the line well with its tone and frights, I look forward to more.

• Advertisement

• Full story trailer has dropped; shows a bit more of what's in store for Season 2 ...

• I think this trailer has me feeling a bit not sure about the show.. much like the season 1 trailer did..

but then Season 1 was decent.. so I'll give it a go 🙂

• I really enjoyed season 1 but its been so long I'll have to really pay attention to the S.1 recap when it comes out.

Looking forward to this season .

• I meant to do a rewatch before season 2. Will see if I can get it watched

Advertisement