Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Levy/Joe Lewis

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Couldn't give a fiddlers what has happened once we sign him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

surely there could be agreements 'in principle' made via emails informally before the solicitors get involved and make it official. I'm sure its the informal aggreements in writing that he's refering too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

"At the moment we're talking about whether he can come back to say his goodbyes to the supporters, to his team-mates, so we can honour him, this truly great player and brilliant man."

I must say I'll be impressed if that statement is an accurate description of Lloris charachter.

Pity we cant do something similar for VDV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ormus wrote: »
    Clearly he didn't have it in writing, therefore it is only talk, therefore it's completely open to renegotation.

Remind me never to do any negotiating with you mate!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Remind me never to do any negotiating with you mate!;):D

Haha, well I will remind you if negotiating with me that until I sign the contract I am free to negotiate.

Deal?

Sign here please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just hope it doesn't derail the move. I doubt Levy likes seeing the Lyon president coming out and publicly saying this, and could put his back up. Could make him play even harder ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

penny pinching again - the place is being run like a corner shop - classless

penny pinching again - the place is being run like a corner shop - classless

You choose the day we are about to smash our transfer record to accuse the chairman of penny pinching?

Unlucky son.

You choose the day we are about to smash our transfer record to accuse the chairman of penny pinching?

Unlucky son.

we'll see Ormus....:)

we'll see Ormus....:)

Oh DublinSpur...

Not trying to get a rise out of you or anything, but it really really does seem like you don't want us to succeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Ha Moutinho deal stalls over personal terms.

Dublin Spur - I'm blaming you :D

Com'on Daniel, prove me wrong...show the fans you care..you can afford moutinho and lloris without dirty tricks or even breaking sweat ...show us what youre made of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Com'on Daniel, prove me wrong...show the fans you care..you can afford moutinho and lloris without dirty tricks or even breaking sweat ...show us what youre made of

It's the same old same old Shane, hope he proves us wrong mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

Anyone wonder what wholesale changes avb and levy would make had the club actually done badly last season? Would anyone at all still be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Heard Moutinho is with the porto squad. So how is he gonna have a medical?

Joke if we don't sign moutinho now

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Joke if we don't sign moutinho now

Seems DL won't play ball with a player we need - same old story - Com'on Dan prove me wrong.

Agrees a fee with Porto for a very important addition, but it's a non runner on personal terms, hang your head in shame once again mr levy you ****ing bottle job, massive opportunity missed, history repeating it's self yet again. Time for a change.

Agrees a fee with Porto for a very important addition, but it's a non runner on personal terms, hang your head in shame once again mr levy you ****ing bottle job, massive opportunity missed, history repeating it's self yet again. Time for a change.

Yes it was a great opportunity to replace one top midfielder with another, but for some reason it fell apart. If it was over 10k a week or something, it's a disgrace, I'd like to think it was more complex than that.

As regards a change, the chances are that are between slim and none mate...

Yes it was a great opportunity to replace one top midfielder with another, but for some reason it fell apart. If it was over 10k a week or something, it's a disgrace, I'd like to think it was more complex than that.

Fair comment, still gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Waiting til the last minute, as per usual with Levy,was a major cause in the deal breaking down.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

apparently they finally agreed personal terms with him but there was a snag as he is 15% owned by another company/agent and it had something to do with that. im gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Nexus wrote: »
    apparently they finally agreed personal terms with him but there was a snag as he is 15% owned by another company/agent and it had something to do with that. im gutted.
    Another Tevez type situation.

10k a week is huge money. More than 2.5m over a 5 year contract. For a player we would have already paid 22m for. A player coming in to replace a player we had already replaced.

I know you guys think I'm just being argumentative, but how does that money not mean anything to you? How can you talk about 10k a week as insignificant money? Don't you want this club to be sustainable? Can you imagine what our wage bill would be if we were frivolous with 10k a week every time we bought a player?

I'm disappointed we didn't spend more in the transfer window, but I wish we had bought another striker. We dodged a bullet in not being held to ransom by a player we broke our transfer record for in a position we do not need.

I guess Kane going out on loan means Dempsey is seen as a striker. He might do ok as backup, bit of a stopgap though.

Nexus wrote: »

Levy only had 3 months to sort it out

doing his business on the last day has done damage again

he'll never learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

10k a week is huge money. More than 2.5m over a 5 year contract. For a player we would have already paid 22m for. A player coming in to replace a player we had already replaced.

I know you guys think I'm just being argumentative, but how does that money not mean anything to you? How can you talk about 10k a week as insignificant money? Don't you want this club to be sustainable? Can you imagine what our wage bill would be if we were frivolous with 10k a week every time we bought a player?

I'm disappointed we didn't spend more in the transfer window, but I wish we had bought another striker. We dodged a bullet in not being held to ransom by a player we broke our transfer record for in a position we do not need.

I guess Kane going out on loan means Dempsey is seen as a striker. He might do ok as backup, bit of a stopgap though.

jeez man, will you just give it a rest. You think levy is god, fair enough, your entitled to that opinion

The rest of us want to see world class players at white hart lane

In the grand scheme of things, no I don't think 10k is much each week to THFC. We bid over 20m for the guy, we planned on making him our record signing, so if the deal fell down over something like that, it's a joke.

Of course I wan't the club to be sustainable, but we have just sold, Modric, VDV,Corluka,Niko,Bassong, Pienaar and more have left, surely we should be pushing the boat out and getting the managers number 1 target. It's not as if we have just spent 40m more than we have brought in.

Anyway, it's done now, maybe 10k per week wasn't the reason, I just used it as a possible reason.

Levy only had 3 months to sort it out

doing his business on the last day has done damage again

he'll never learn

then again, some would say he maybe never intended on spending 20m+ on a player at all...

mickman wrote: »
    jeez man, will you just give it a rest. You think levy is god, fair enough, your entitled to that opinion

The rest of us want to see world class players at white hart lane

I don't think Levy is god, I think he leaves signings too late in the window and I think he should have signed us another striker.

I want this club to improve. I don't want world class players at wages we can't afford.

I won't give it a rest, this is a forum, if we all gave it a rest it would not exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

10k a week is huge money. More than 2.5m over a 5 year contract. For a player we would have already paid 22m for.

Now you're just being silly, our revenue is top 15 in Europe! €10k/week pfft.....

Sing it Ormus:

Advertisement