Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colgate Will pay for dental check up (until Feb 2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

So this is still running?

I purchase the 3 products, go to my dentist, get a scale and polish, send in the receipt and bobs my father's brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

No, purchases had to be made in Sept, sorry!
    This thread is still running to see how people are getting on getting the money back, as some seemed to be having trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Sent off two (separate) applications in October, one each for myself and the missus. I did notice that there was a <conspiracytheory>deliberate</conspiracytheory> misprint on the address - Fairview is most certainly not in Dublin 13, so I sent it to D3. Will post again when get our cheques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 carolyn7

After purchasing the required items and forwarding the receipts with the account paid letter from my Dentist and the form in October. I received a letter this morning from Colgate saying an item was on promotion when purchased so my claim was rejected.
    Colin Morrison at Colgate says page two of the form states this fact. However as I never received this information from either my Dentist or Tescos from whom I purchased the products I feel I am being ripped off by the Company having waited three months for nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

cha-ching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

Posted application 18th of October and finally received cheque in post today!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

got mine yesterday, 50 euro in total. lol. happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

carolyn7 wrote: »
    After purchasing the required items and forwarding the receipts with the account paid letter from my Dentist and the form in October. I received a letter this morning from Colgate saying an item was on promotion when purchased so my claim was rejected.
    Colin Morrison at Colgate says page two of the form states this fact. However as I never received this information from either my Dentist or Tescos from whom I purchased the products I feel I am being ripped off by the Company having waited three months for nothing!!

It was in the terms and conditions as I dealt with customers looking for non-promo items. At the time nearly every toothpaste was on promo except the colgate minty fresh basic stuff. It was also on the back of the A5 leaflet available from dentists and from Dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

:(

Got my application rejected.
    Reason was that when I bought my colgate products from Tesco in nutgrove the receipt does not state that they are colgate products.
    Really unhappy as this is not my fault. How am I supposed to know until AFTER I have bought the products that my receipt would not be sufficent.

So, my boycott of Colgate products is starting with immediate effect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

:( Got my application rejected.
    Reason was that when I bought my colgate products from Tesco in nutgrove the receipt does not state that they are colgate products.
    Really unhappy as this is not my fault. How am I supposed to know until AFTER I have bought the products that my receipt would not be sufficent.

Phone up the helpline (buried somewhere in this thread) and tell them this is the way Tesco put products on their receipt and that it is not your fault. They should be familiar with this situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

:(

Got my application rejected.

Colgate knew about this, customers had been told in Oct it would be OK and if it really wasn't clear to attach a note detailing what you bought and the price paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

got mine in the post today..envelope was wide open but thankfully the cheque was still in it! perish the thought it would be missing and having to explain to them and waiting another 4 months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Got mine yesterday too, had pretty much given up on ever getting it!

snubbleste wrote: »
    Phone up the helpline (buried somewhere in this thread) and tell them this is the way Tesco put products on their receipt and that it is not your fault. They should be familiar with this situation.

I have just called them and in fairness- Deirdre, who I spoke to, was very helpful. She advised to email her in the details and they would reassess.
    So fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Got mine yesterday :-) Thanks to the OP and also those who highlighted the "not to be used with any other offer clause" as i'd bought all the stuff in boots on offer, so had to bring it back for a cash refund and buy the stuff again in lidl! Worth it though. Took a while but can't complain :-) probably best bargain alert yet!

EDIT: Think it was the first week of November that I went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

When people post that they've just gotten theirs, could they post the approx date they sent off their application so we can see how they're progressing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Cheque dated 6/1/11 arrived today, post original application to Colgate about 22/9, it was rejected so resent about 18/10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Got mine in the post yesterday, submitted in Oct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

Got mine yesterday, submitted end of October

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Claregirl5

Got my cheque this morning.
    Posted request late October.
    Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Got my €60 cheque this morning. Posted my receipts start of November.

Sweet offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭wench

Posted mine late november, got my shiney cheque today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

+1. :D <-- teeth still clean and shiny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Posted late Oct 65euro cheque arrived today - Shamo!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think some of us should send thank-you cards to Colgate. Turned out to be an incredibly generous offer.

I have just called them and in fairness- Deirdre, who I spoke to, was very helpful. She advised to email her in the details and they would reassess.
    So fingers crossed!

Well, it seems that I was not careful enough in my submission. They looked in to my appeal and determined that the price of the toothpaste was too cheap and so I must not have bought 100ml Total.
    Damnn it! I must have picked up a 50ml pack or something.

Ah well, cant blame anyone but myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

Got mine €65, sent end of October.

Other halfs claim was rejected because of date on dental receipt after purchase, Colgate told her to re-submit with correct date.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Received cheque today :D
    woohoo
    posted a wk after cut-off for treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

€65 this morning :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 frankie55

received my €65 cheque this morning, sent in Lidl receipt for €13.46 etc late Nov.

Cheers OP !

Advertisement